Blood Angels Codex brief review

JamesI

Tycho the Lost new "dead mans hand" (Melee S:user AP-2 Dd3)

Cpt Tycho also gains dead man's hand [/indent]

Is it me or is Captain Tycho actually a pretty good choice now? He costs only a few points more than a regular SM Captain with combi-melta but gets a 2+ armour save, the improved "Blood Song" and the Dead Man's Hand.

If you are looking for a cheapish Buff-mander to accompany infantry on foot, Tycho looks the business. Run him with a squad of Hellblasters for example and he boosts their firepower nicely while providing some decent CC punch if your opponent tries to assault them.

Somewhere else it got said that the dead mans hand damage is only 1, not d3.

It is only D1 but thats still normal power weapon damage.  He's honestly one of the best HQs now for his points.  I'll be using him a lot.  

Interesting.. Can someone tell me the points of Tycho now? Same as Index? I may paint one up now. 

However.. If I had a normal Captain babysitting (likekly 3 laspreds) he not only saves points but could hold the VV Relic also.

Hard choice.

Tycho the Lost new "dead mans hand" (Melee S:user AP-2 Dd3)

Cpt Tycho also gains dead man's hand [/indent]

Is it me or is Captain Tycho actually a pretty good choice now? He costs only a few points more than a regular SM Captain with combi-melta but gets a 2+ armour save, the improved "Blood Song" and the Dead Man's Hand.

If you are looking for a cheapish Buff-mander to accompany infantry on foot, Tycho looks the business. Run him with a squad of Hellblasters for example and he boosts their firepower nicely while providing some decent CC punch if your opponent tries to assault them.

Somewhere else it got said that the dead mans hand damage is only 1, not d3.

It is only D1 but thats still normal power weapon damage. He's honestly one of the best HQs now for his points. I'll be using him a lot.

Interesting.. Can someone tell me the points of Tycho now? Same as Index? I may paint one up now.

However.. If I had a normal Captain babysitting (likekly 3 laspreds) he not only saves points but could hold the VV Relic also.

Hard choice.

Same as Index points, comes with the 6" heroic intervention WT. You could do both btw. An unequipped captain is pretty cheap.

3 questions to anyone with their hands on the book.

1) What does an Inferno pistol cost now? And is it the same for SG and DC?

2) Also are lieutenant's avaliable in non primaris flavour? If so do they have the same buffs and what are their points cost?

3) Do we have access to a Mortis pattern dreadnought, and is the 4Lascanon version cheaper than the 4 lascanon version of a predator? Points costs would be great.

Happy to have numbers in the form of melta bombs.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SM1981

Spikey Bits posted the points pages earlier today. Inferno pistols reduced by 11 pts from Index. Same cost for all models with access.

Lieutenants in both primaris and non primaris flavors. 12 meltabombs pts for non primaris.

Mortis dreads not covered as those are FW models.

I'm not sure the answer to this, Raychu, but be advised a "naked" Techmarine still has to pay for a servo-harness and, i believe, Power Axe, minimum.

yes I know about the equipment, but cost for the power axe or the servo arm (the harness is a more expensive option) didn't change.

62 points if it's matching the SM book.

You can just use them as Blood Angels anyway. As bonus you'd be getting access to the Blood Angels special characters but you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

It only really matters if your successor chapter has special characters on their own (like Lamenters and Flesh Tearers for example) because those would have to decide between their special characters and the codex relics.

That's the issue. I have a primaris Minotaurs army I started recently and was struggling to pick a Chapter Tactic that fits them. But the Red Thirst fits perfectly. I know I wont get access to the relics, but what about the stratagems and the Forgeworld characters? I want to use Asterion Moloc in the list if possible as I love the model.

Edited by TheFinisher4Ever

@nova-chron I definitely will run them with Minotaurs tactics when they get some. Forgeworld hasn't put out chapter tactics for their chapters yet though.

@blindhamster that would definitely answer my question. Can you tell me where that rule is at? I was looking for it this morning and couldn't find it.

@sfPanzer except that's exactly how the Forgeworld chapters work, although it may be only for codex space marines which is what I'm trying to figure out.

its a warhammer community post.

TECHNICALLY you cant have any chapter tactic atm, but in relation to red scorpions they mentioned that you could pick any tactic from codex space marines for now. It's in the preview post for the new scorpion characters

"Excited? Starting your Red Scorpions army is simple – check out Codex: Space Marines, pick a Chapter Tactic you think suits these noble warriors, then grab the rules for your characters – including a pre-Dreadnought Carab Culln in Imperial Armour – Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/20/new-heroes-warhammer-40000-coming-soon/

Edited by Blindhamster

@sfPanzer except that's exactly how the Forgeworld chapters work, although it may be only for codex space marines which is what I'm trying to figure out.

Except that I was refering to the same thing as Blindhamster. ;)

Has anyone considered 15 DC and a priest in a LRC? Shoot stuff with the LRC, charge something. Next turn you disembark your DC and wipe wtv it is in CC. Next turn re-embark, rinse repeat.

Might solve the issue of DC being ivrrdibly vulnerable.

An expensive gimmick, both in terms of money and points cost but potentially hilarious if it pays off. As a non-Land Raider-haver I didn't realize that the LRC could actually fit that many bodies inside, that's a lot more useful than I thought they were.

Well just keep in mind that a Landraider filled with Deathcompany will be THE target for your opponent. Better also deploy a lot of Scouts and ranged support so he can't focus everything on it.

Of course. Not saying it's the most competitive. But for approx 650pts you get a solid firing platofrom that's durable, and sole killing machines that you'd likely bring anyhow.

You have 1350 pts to play with. Bring other threats.

Edit: for more fun. Bring it twice. Now you have 600 pts to play with and redundancy :D

Edited by Brother Talarian