Blood Angels Codex brief review

JamesI

Ah balls... now have a copy of the codex to read and seems half the hq options have lost the jump pack ability.

May have been discussed elsewhere but looks like just captain, librarian and chaplain? Ie not the priest, nor any of the units that made up the old command squad (champion, ancient...)

Maybe not that big a deal (magnets solve many rule changes) but different role if they are less mobile.

On the plus side, think 2 command squad veterans may have just been promoted to jump pack lieutenant :-)

You can use the index wargear options :-)

Heh - think I'll have to staple the BA codex to the index to the marine codex.

"Hey - what is that you brought for the game?"

"Ah... it's the 'Uber-Blood-Angels-codex'. I fixed some things GW didn't transfer properly from the index"

"You mean cherry picked it?"

"No. FIXED. IT."

[loses rag... proceeds to batter opponent with 900 page codex...]

That's not what is meant tho. GW explicitly told us in the Chapter Approved to use the Index Datasheet if the Codex Datasheet is lacking some options.

Prob is it doesn’t synergize all that well with its potential payloads. You really have two worthwhile options: Agressors (with possible character support) to deliver the slow, close-ranged kind of CC unit and Intercessors (either a single or two 5-man squads) to vomit out cheap ObSec. Reivers have their own deployment shenanigans and Hellblasters want to be on the board shooting every single turn.

Actually I quite like the idea of a Repulsor for Hellblasters to protect them from alpha-strikes and help them move an extra 3" up the board. Hellblasters are such a priority target that ensuring they get at least one turn of firing at full effect is probably a worthwhile use of the Repulsor, after which it can switch to being a gunboat. I quite like the idea of a Hellblaster squad supported by a Captain to reroll 1s, an Ancient with Standard of Sacrifice for a 5+ FNP and extra shots when they die and a Sanguinary Novitiate to heal or revive wounded/dead models.

Best fielded with other threatening vehicles like Land Raiders, Storm ravens etc or it will just be a magnet for your opponent's anti-tank fire.

Edited by Karhedronuk