Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Competitive BA list discussion *Post-Codex*

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Keravnos

Keravnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Carnotaurs
I have a pair of unbuilt Stormhawks which have long awaited being added to our codex. Upgunning the nose to a Las talon seems a no Brainer but what of the missles pods? Would they bring some effective metal box popping for my assault units to get at the tasty bits inside?
ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts
I guess it depends what other AT you have in your army. Bawkse popping is important but I find the AP of missile launchers just a bit too anaemic to be worth their points. I would be tempted to stick with the heavy bolters for added chaff clearance and save yourself the extra 30 points to spend on some more potent anti-tank.

Having said that, if your Stormhawks are your primary source of heavy weapons then the Typhoon Launchers may be necessary, even if they are a bit overpriced IMO.
  • Morticon and Pendent like this

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users