How would Sanguinius's return be explained?

Kastor Krieg

I don't see why GW bringing back primarchs, even totally dead ones, is some shocker here. They have been foreshadowing the return of almost all the primarchs for decades now, including Sangunius thanks to the Sanguinor, frankly I have been shocked that it took them this long.

Also wouldn't it kind of suck if the Blood Angels were the only of the big 4 to not get their primarch back? I mean The Lion and Russ are almost certainly coming back so that would leave BA as the odd man out, they will almost certainly get something primarch level even if it isn't exactly Sanguinius

I don't see why GW bringing back primarchs, even totally dead ones, is some shocker here. They have been foreshadowing the return of almost all the primarchs for decades now, including Sangunius thanks to the Sanguinor, frankly I have been shocked that it took them this long.

Also wouldn't it kind of suck if the Blood Angels were the only of the big 4 to not get their primarch back? I mean The Lion and Russ are almost certainly coming back so that would leave BA as the odd man out, they will almost certainly get something primarch level even if it isn't exactly Sanguinius

Well considering Lion, and Russ have canonical reasons to return, and never DIED, yes it makes sense to have them come back in light of Rob.

"Well an Apple and an Orange are fruits, why cant a potatoe be a fruit?"

Because it isnt.

Well considering Lion, and Russ have canonical reasons to return, and never DIED, yes it makes sense to have them come back in light of Rob.

Because it isnt.

I think you missed the point I was making there. I was pointing out that we have reasons for a Primarch to return for 3 of the 4 "main" SM factions (obviously one has already come back) and it wouldn't feel great for BA to be left out, that being the case I expect BA will get something similar even if it isn't exactly Sanguinius come back to life

I wouldn't call his video click bait, he made it to open discussion with his community on youtube. I can totally see GW bringing him back, but not for a while. I see Leman, Angron, The Lion, Fulgrim.

Regardless, it sure as HELL isnt news.

That's about the only thing we've agreed on.

Because it isnt.

I think you missed the point I was making there. I was pointing out that we have reasons for a Primarch to return for 3 of the 4 "main" SM factions (obviously one has already come back) and it wouldn't feel great for BA to be left out, that being the case I expect BA will get something similar even if it isn't exactly Sanguinius come back to life

When the total identity of the BA is cantered around the sacrifice and death of said Primarch, then yes it would be bad to toss 30 years of lore and identity out the window.

Because it isnt.

Why would I, as a BA fan, want my entire Chapter's mythos, invalidated for the sake of an overwrought model?

I wouldn't call his video click bait, he made it to open discussion with his community on youtube. I can totally see GW bringing him back, but not for a while. I see Leman, Angron, The Lion, Fulgrim.

Regardless, it sure as HELL isnt news.

That's about the only thing we've agreed on.

You'll come around. 

Edited by Scribe

I see three options for this to occur.

1. The Thrist:

When he was alive he was the embodiment of what Man could strive to be. However the killing blow essentially did just that it killed him, but here in lies the complications of death for these things known as primarchs.

They are more, more than man. more than what man could be. So the laws of man might not apply.

All the sons of Sanguin have the thirst and are based off of vampire lore. In some lore vampires can be near death and appear dead, but when drenched, and feed a constant supply of blood they can rejuvinate things that would kill anything else. Additionally some lore has vampires skipping through time by being drained of blood and getting re awakened by blood.

If Saguin comes back from this then I expect him to be a dark version of himself, with a thirst for conquest and blood (literally).

--- I personally wouldnt like him coming back this way.

2. The Greater Emperyean

His Mortal self is dead, the flesh gone and whithered. However his soul is something more and has slowly awakened with the emperor in the warp.

There are things in the warp that fight chaos, Angels made of fire. What if these are shards of sanguin, or his minions.

He has become essentially a greater deamon of the Emperor, he now appears across the galaxy in multiple fields at once, and acts to save his kin.

-- I dont really like this option either.

3. Mephiston, the Avatar of Saguin

Mephiston is changing, into something more has been rumored in the lore for a while. What if the final step for mephiston is to feast upon his primarchs flesh to undergo the final step.

Mephiston gains some memories of Sanguin, he also changes physically, growing wings, growing, physically growing to primarch size.

Mephiston is no more, yet he is not Sanguin, but something inbetween.

- I like this the best

4. Sanguinor is sanguins spirit made manifest, and he soon will undergo another transformation and become a greater empyeran

yeah the primarchs not really being dead is new fluff, and I do not think stuff like the perpetual vulcan or manus being resurected by fulgrim only to be killed over and over again, G-man being eldar rised etc Is something good. It may in the future add powerful models to armies, but from a fluff perspective it cheapens the lose. If sang was not killed[and again people claim the dude that said it seemed to not know mch about BAs], then the whole battle barge thing makes no sense. Emps would have known he wasn't really dead etc. May as well resurect horus or Cruz next.

There is also the possibility that all primarchs are Perpetual.

Just like all primarchs in different degrees are psykers.

It seems that some Perpetuals need a external source to come back to live.

While other have the rebirth function set to full auto.

Perhaps it the same with primarchs?

And only Vulkan was a strong enough Perpetual to auto rezz.

If that the case, then only Horus is truly gone as the got his "soul" destroyed.

But I really really hope this is NOT the case.

I prefer death to have some kind of meaning is stories.

Edited by slitth

Why would I, as a BA fan, want my entire Chapter's mythos, invalidated for the sake of an overwrought model?

a 6,7% rise in win rate when playing a dual sang/g-man list?

Yeah but is assuming that the game is more important than the setting.

There is no in game benefit that is greater, than the damage inflicted to the setting, by bringing back Sanguinius.

I mean I just hope that someone at GW has the sense to not ruin things for the sake of a model.

Maybe since they have Sanguinius body they could just do some sort of Psychic ritual cannibalization and make Dante or Mephiston a new Primarch (ish?). I mean they just gave us Primarch infused marines that are bigger and stronger. What happens if you infuse the whole body of a primarch into a subject?

They could still kind of do that with other Primarchs who died like Manus... what happened to Konrad Kurzes body??

Sigh. Wasn't this debunked in four separate threads on this board alone? Did we really needed fifth? :ermm:

There is no coming back from getting your sould crushed by a warp weapon.

*cough* Horus clone *cough* and that was after Empy blasted him apart, not just being struck with weapon really hard :whistling:

Except, you know, first mention of Wolftime explicitly stated that Russ was laying dead and promised to return with his "last breath".

Ditto for Lionel, the sleeping part is directly taken from the myth of Arthur/Barbarossa, where past great king after his death in battle was 'sleeping' in some secluded place guarded by otherworldly beings until time is right and he can return to lead his country once more. Plus, there were lots of hints in past DA lore that Luther actually managed to struck him down and him rambling in insane grief was consequence of that.

'Never', you say? :whistling:

He literally walked into the chamber of High Lords and just threw almost all of them out the window.

What? When did this happen?

Never. This is usual 4chan hyperbole.

After audience with Empy he went to them and took his old seat as lord commander back, then strongly suggested two or three make way for someone more qualified. That's it.

++ ring ring ++

Yyvraine picks up her lilkitty cell phone "Ulo."

-scratchy voice ... "hiya I be needing a ... KOFF KOFF ... favor."

"My you sound so terrible. Whose this calling?"

"Is Big... KOFF KOFF KOFF ... Big Red."

"Is is the Big Red?"

"KOFF KOFF ... yeah."

"Oh do tell now."

"I ... KOFF ... need favor."

a 6,7% rise in win rate when playing a dual sang/g-man list?

Yeah but is assuming that the game is more important than the setting.

There is no in game benefit that is greater, than the damage inflicted to the setting, by bringing back Sanguinius.

I mean I just hope that someone at GW has the sense to not ruin things for the sake of a model.

well, they already brought Gman back, in many eyes that's the setting gone right there

as can be seen by on here, if people hype it, people will buy it

The BL authors have all really been saying that the Siege of Terra & the final show down(s) that happen there may not have played out exactly how we thought they might...

Maybe once BL drops the bomb that Sanguinuis was 99.99999999999% dead but placed into stasis in his coffin or some other (better....!) revelation then it'll become clear.

The BL authors have all really been saying that the Siege of Terra & the final show down(s) that happen there may not have played out exactly how we thought they might...

Maybe once BL drops the bomb that Sanguinuis was 99.99999999999% dead but placed into stasis in his coffin or some other (better....!) revelation then it'll become clear.

Yeah, they openly played the angle that all we know and all the retcons there ever were are all facets of the same conjecture. We just weren't there and the only dude who reliably was and knew what happened, seems to have been a psychic lich for the last 10k+ years.