Gaunt's Ghosts: The Warmaster

JH79

Hate the ghosts. They shouldve all be taken out the back of the barn and shot, 6 books back. Gaunt included. If he cant see this, hes not much of a Commissar. Stupid comic book Abnet these days.

Commissar leadership sits around, well we just had one of our number plus a squad of guard come back after 6 months on a khaos world. Let them live, the human life is to be cherished??? and we cant replace them???

:censored: Abnets comic arx :censored:.

Huh, I thought there had to be somebody out there that hated the Ghosts, but never thought I'd actually come across them.

Heh, Well theres always one.

Its not so much the actual stories, Ive enjoyed them all.

Just the idea of them still existing after so many trials and tribulations, is what irrits me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought folks might like to know the following...

I have been having a "chat" with Matthew Farrer on Twitter. He told me that Urdesh is definitely still coming but it was delayed due to life stuff happening AND that he had found it a hard book to write. However, the delay ended up being fortuitous because it has allowed Abnett to complete Anarch and for the two authors to work together to more tightly knit together events in Warmatser, Anarch and Urdesh.

He didn't know how Urdesh would be branded now that Space Marine Battles is defunct.

• 1 month later...

So for those not aware, "Anarch" is listed for a January release date on Amazon which might mean a Christmas release date for Black Library.

Another big box full of tat on the cards, do you reckon? Hopefully we will just get a nice tasteful special edition this time. Looking forward to the book.

I have been having a "chat" with Matthew Farrer on Twitter. He told me that Urdesh is definitely still coming but it was delayed due to life stuff happening AND that he had found it a hard book to write. However, the delay ended up being fortuitous because it has allowed Abnett to complete Anarch and for the two authors to work together to more tightly knit together events in Warmatser, Anarch and Urdesh.

He didn't know how Urdesh would be branded now that Space Marine Battles is defunct.

They should juat market it under Sabbat Worlds...that seems the most obvious and best way to signature its connection?

They should juat market it under Sabbat Worlds...that seems the most obvious and best way to signature its connection?

Really glad to see Matt writing anything for BL. I would love to see him return to the arbiters

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it yesterday, because I don’t like to start with an English book when my whole Gaunt’s Ghosts collection is German.I finished it today, and really liked it, although there are some mistakes in the German version.

But it kinda sucks, that the end is some kind of a cliffhanger, as I need to wait even longer for the next German book. :cry: 

Btw.: Can someone tell me the name of the story about the failed resupplying? I can’t find it anywhere.

I bought it yesterday, because I don’t like to start with an English book when my whole Gaunt’s Ghosts collection is German.I finished it today, and really liked it, although there are some mistakes in the German version.

But it kinda sucks, that the end is some kind of a cliffhanger, as I need to wait even longer for the next German book. :cry:

Btw.: Can someone tell me the name of the story about the failed resupplying? I can’t find it anywhere.

It’s from one of the short stories in Sabbat Crusade that came out a number of years ago. It has a collection of shorts.

I bought it yesterday, because I don’t like to start with an English book when my whole Gaunt’s Ghosts collection is German.I finished it today, and really liked it, although there are some mistakes in the German version.But it kinda sucks, that the end is some kind of a cliffhanger, as I need to wait even longer for the next German book. :cry:Btw.: Can someone tell me the name of the story about the failed resupplying? I can’t find it anywhere.

It’s from one of the short stories in Sabbat Crusade that came out a number of years ago. It has a collection of shorts.

The story is "Ghosts and Bad Shadows" and both that story and all but one of the other Abnett shorts plus the Nik Vincent short have story threads and plot points that play into Warmaster and Anarch.

Warmaster ending on a cliffhanger is deliberate as Abnett has told us that while previous GG arcs were made up of self contained/separate stories/novels the Victory arc is envisaged as one big book split into four sections.

Archived