Admech Role in Soup

Schlitzaf

One reason or another, I've been looking at add another army to my Imperial forces. Currently I wanted something to run flank or chaff duty for my SM Center, the options were SOB vs Ad Mech. I decided against Sisters because they are metal, and thus by extension for monetary reasons. So I decided to choose Admech, looking at the available options, I figured Metallica would fit the role I needed. But I wanted a second opinion and just some thoughts.

The reason I choose Metallica is the advance and shoot option gives me essentially what I need. Allowing me to deploy my units on the fringe and advance quickly to provide fire support. The force I am currently looking at adding is 2 Skitarri Vang and 2 Skitarri Rangers, supported by a Techpriest and Techpriest Dominus. As such I have a couple questions.

My current list is the following

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339181-black-templars-and-am-soup-2000-points/?do=findComment&comment=4880937

I am losing my Krieg Ponies and Bikers/Interceptor to include these units. They are different roles, but I feel they will fit into an army that otherwise lacks a reliable set of chaffers and outflankers. While Skitarri are no conscripts, they are cheap and 4 units plus characters a roboust deep strike denial to defend my Crusader Squad/Intercessor center, while advancing every turn.

Guess what I am trying to ask, is Metallica a good choice for this, and Vangaurd v Rangers which ones are preferable? Also how good is the Dominus as a counter assault unit?