Warrior/Shrike loadouts?

Evil Eye

I'm putting together a Tyranid army list (see here) and one of the things I want to include as a mainstay is some Warriors, be they winged or walking. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to arm them with.

Firstly, would I be better off using Shrikes or Warriors? Warriors are cheaper obviously, and are also troops, but Shrikes are faster (and can fly).

Secondly, what's the best armament for them? I hear Boneswords are actually pretty good value for points, and Adrenal Glands are a must due to the extra movement, but are they even any good at all in melee? Would I be better off using them for shooting, with Deathspitters and a Bio-cannon?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also considering the same dilemma and would welcome any advice.

My thinking is that shrikes with boneswords and deathspitters could be a nice pain for the opponent to deal with if I deep strike them into their deployment zone, whilst also providing synapse for my gargoyles.

depends on what the rest of your army needs. I like your army list (personally going behemoth as well I believe) and since it looks mostly in your face melee I would think shrikes would help more. Here's my reasoning. You warriors are the second slowest thing on the field behind your Screamer Killers. This places them in an either support or mop type scenario. I assume Hormis are for screen and front line, genestealers to kill bad things. Screamers as Distracta fex (which is excellent) plus the fact if they connect death to pretty much what they touch unless its Girlyman. Then you have the Trygon (my favorite model) and he's good for support synapse in the enemies backfield. Lots of running by your warriors to keep up I think. 

So I would say shrikes because they are faster and can be a bit of a quick reaction force (QRF) and spread synapse where you need it. Not sure but if you are having trouble with units getting shot up too much you might want to split the hormi's into 3 groups of 20 so the enemy has to shoot at more targets. Also play around with just using one unit of Warrior/Shrikes and help them out. Lastly I would also look at swapping OOE out for a Hive Tyrant. OOE is excellent and works great with the fex no doubt. But keep in mind you will want multiples of your army and while the theme (hand to hand) might stay the same the different options and just a few units can make it feel like a whole new army you are playing. 

Long winded way of saying def look at shrikes for QRF/Synapse support and then go melee maybe rending claws and Boneswords, if you are keeping with the Behemoth.