Fabius Bile series: is it any good?

Warpmiss

i know i'm talking to myself at this point, but damn 

that is my favourite depiction of fulgrim. pretty much ever. i really enjoyed the interaction between non chaos fulgrim and the chaos EC. i could read a whole book just based around that

Oh yeah

the final meeting between Fulgrim and Flavius was really something powerful.

i know i'm talking to myself at this point, but damn 

that is my favourite depiction of fulgrim. pretty much ever. i really enjoyed the interaction between non chaos fulgrim and the chaos EC. i could read a whole book just based around that

Oh yeah

the final meeting between Fulgrim and Flavius was really something powerful.

yeah, agreed that was a worthwhile pay off.
the way they all fell to pieces around fulgrim (except the noise marines)

what struck me, was how despite extolling the virtues of chaos for most of the novel; flavius was willing to absolutely drop it all and just follow fulgrim. anywhere.

The portrayal of the noise marines in Primogenitor was also great. Not just CSM with new guns but full on surgically-altered semi-psychic mutants that perceive the universe differently from their normal brethern and can even work together as a gestalt navigator in a pinch. I liked how they were qualitatively different from 'normal' Slaaneshi cultist marines, more of a piece with rubric marines or berzerkers with their butcher's nails. It also made them more than their heresy-era equivalents.

Yes, I'm very fond of the idea that things in 40k are very different, that they have come a very long way from their 30k origins. Not 'merely' downhill; with an impressive distance involved too.

The Fabius novels portray, explore and capture that *brilliantly*.

Archived