Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kairic Acolytes: scale?

Modelling Scouts Kairic Acolytes Ageof Sigmar

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts
  • Chapter Name: Twilight Wardens

Hey, I just wanted to ask quickly, how big GW ´s Kairic Acolytes- models are (and if someone got a picture for reference maybe)?

Specifically, if you want to turn them to Space Marine Scouts. 

I really like the models and I think the poses (and their muscular statue) could make good scout stand-ins (with some cloth and some kind of armour added and more 40k weapons of course!).

Can anyone help me out here? 

So that anyone know what I´m talking about: 

https://www.games-wo...Kairic-Acolytes

Greetings, LordVelype 

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to LordVelype

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts

kairic-acolytes-size-comparison-convert-

Google gave me this.

• LordVelype likes this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,772 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

kairic-acolytes-size-comparison-convert-

Google gave me this.

Just some notes:

- 32mm vs 25mm bases 

- old ugly squatty Starterset Marine

I don't have any build Acolytes here, but a size comparison with modern day Marines, Deathwatch or Primaris would help (depending on your other models of course!)

• LordVelype likes this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k and Nurgle Death Guard, Word Bearers, Daemons and NECROMUNDA!)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificertn_gallery_79873_10492_275647.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons
I've got some earmarked for cultists, if I get a chance I'll get some comparison photos.
  • LordVelype likes this

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

ok,

I  just threw one together but hopefully this will help (photos not the best as they were done quickly):

vs Primaris:

24945079938_94244c1cc3_c.jpg

Vs MkIV Calth with Rubric Legs:

38817108271_5a1de5073a_c.jpg

Edited by Tichinde, 03 December 2017 - 10:59 PM.

• Azekai and LordVelype like this

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts

ok,

I  just threw one together but hopefully this will help (photos not the best as they were done quickly):

vs Primaris:

(...) 

(...)

Hmm, quite big then... 

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

It looks like they have been a victim of the current growth spurt across the "miniatures" (I blame Magnus)

• LordVelype likes this

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,694 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Basically, everything released in human scale after genestealer cults is the same size and everything in marine scale after thousands sons (depending on whether or not deathwatch came before or after WoM. Pretty sure it was before.)

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts

"WoM"? 

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,095 posts

"WoM"? 

"Wrath of Magnus" 

Looks like most of the figures have been scaled up, and it was Deathwatch followed by Wrath of Magnus.  Deathwatch marines are also noticeably taller (about same scale as Rubricae minus the giant pope-hats) 

ok,

vs Primaris:

24945079938_94244c1cc3_c.jpg

38817108271_5a1de5073a_c.jpg

THAT 1k son is gorgeous. (well both)  what rules do you use for them to represent them in 8th? 

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts

"WoM"? 

"Wrath of Magnus" 

Looks like most of the figures have been scaled up, and it was Deathwatch followed by Wrath of Magnus.  Deathwatch marines are also noticeably taller (about same scale as Rubricae minus the giant pope-hats) 

Well, with Deathwatch at least it makes some fluff sense, all getting some real, high-end (in their time) Mk VIII armour and all...

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

"WoM"? 

"Wrath of Magnus" 

ok,

vs Primaris:

THAT 1k son is gorgeous. (well both)  what rules do you use for them to represent them in 8th? 

hey thanks!, you can see more of them in my Wip thread :-). rules wise I plan on playing them as a codex chapter of loyalists for now (just put a small force together with leftover parts from my main project, the contents of the BoP box, to try out 8th rules and paint some Primaris as I am primarily in the Collecting/painting camp). 

Edited by Tichinde, 07 December 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,256 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos

I saw a post in another thread.

The new TK's, and DeathWatch are intentionally upscaled in comparison to ALL prior marines. Death Guard apparently match that scale.

If 'human' scale is Mechanicus/Genestealer Cults or not, I guess is waiting to be confirmed.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts

Just a minor point, the deathwatch kill-team kit is upscaled as you say, but the deathwatch overkill character marines are not.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,772 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

Just a minor point, the deathwatch kill-team kit is upscaled as you say, but the deathwatch overkill character marines are not.

Actually, they are too^^

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k and Nurgle Death Guard, Word Bearers, Daemons and NECROMUNDA!)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificertn_gallery_79873_10492_275647.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts

Well the ones i have been assembling, Donartus, Redblade and Rodricus grytt, are not.  They are regular marine sized and shorter than deathwatch (not including redblades massive mohawk lol). 

Perhaps there is a size difference between the different overkill team members.

Andrés Pacheco

Andrés Pacheco

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I saw a post in another thread.

The new TK's, and DeathWatch are intentionally upscaled in comparison to ALL prior marines. Death Guard apparently match that scale.

If 'human' scale is Mechanicus/Genestealer Cults or not, I guess is waiting to be confirmed.

On the Twitch for Gang War 2 they confirmed that the GS Cults heads fit the Orlock bodies. I know that's not to say the bodies are the same scale, but it's a strong hint. Probably. FWIW Orlocks are the bang average necromunda gang too.

Paradogmatic

Paradogmatic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Chapter Name: 1642nd Explorator Fleet

Damn I didn't realize the kill-team marines were bigger -- makes me want some to mix in parts with my Primaris; at least they're closer in scale than the stubby marines.

//LEGION//GAMMA++OMICRON  -- Transmit

++ 1642nd Explorator Fleet - Yggdrasil // Finished // WIP

---++ Unforgiven Sons ( Element 242//Primaris Program ) - Yggdrasil - Allied Primaris Detatchment  // Finished // WIP

//REDACTED

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modelling, Scouts, Kairic Acolytes, Ageof Sigmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users