Simple thread folks, just post below how well you did with the Index using the following format:

• P:x W:x D:x L:x

Now, obviously this isn't for bragging rights. We can use it to assist our fellow Frater be it sharing tips or improving their game(s) going forward!

For example, if you've won loads, what has worked for you and why? If you've lost a pile of games, where do you feel you have gone wrong? What were you up against? And so on. There's always something we've missed and somewhere we can improve, so get sharing ideas as we enter a new era!

Edited by Jolemai

P:4 W:1 D:1 L:2

The win was against Imperial Knights (1750). Draw against Harlequins (500) and the losses were against Harlequins (1000) and Index Marines (500).

Basically, I'm still getting match fit for the edition. It's all well knowing it on paper but stuff like the 2CP combat interrupt, ruin rules and vehicles, and so on, only really make sense with games.

P +- 14  -  W: 8 -  D: 0 -  L: 6

First three losses were all experimental lists, trying new and varied index units to get a feel for them in 8th. 
Switched over to FW units - specifically the Scorpius, also Rapier Batteries and rocked a contingent of Death Watch marines too - which did brilliantly for a bit.  But there was nothing "BA" about the list. 

When I felt I discovered what was the strongest type of list for SMs in 8th (hard shooty), i found BA did it most poorly, and switched to RG for a bit. 

Another loss or two came from having initiative seized. 

I wouldn't recommend this type of list for any BA player, as there was nothing BA about it.  It made me sad to play it, and in competitions I had to choose between gimping myself and being "loyal" or playing Red Raven Guard.  

The scorpios, batteries and devs are likely to still see aspects of play in my list. 

The rest will be rebooted entirely for the new structure and feel of what can be strong with the new BA.   

Played: 6

Won: 5

Loss: 1

The loss came against a very tough, armored IG list with of course lots of bodies on the table. The force I used was very experimental; I went with a detachment with an inquisitor and 3 assassins. I also played like crap. This game is most likely the kind of opponent I'll be facing in the future. I'm pretty sure I'd have many more losses if I was playing this type of army consistently.

The wins came against IG, Chaos, and Eldar. The Eldar game was gimmicky. I think the games against chaos and IG were good. I beat a Chaos Codex army and that was my best win yet.

I'll post a bit more about the games in a few- watching my son at the moment but I did work out my record for 8th so far.

W: 8 D:0 : L4.

To put this in context, playing against mostly the same people I did not win a single game of 7th edition outside of a few battles with multiple people per side. You can probably see why I feel a lot more positively about stuff than many people in this subforum.

I didn't really keep tabs but I think I ended up with 0 wins, 5 losses using the index. I gave up when standard marines got their codex and their shooting managed to bounce nearly 30 assault marines/sanguinary guard.

W:0 D:0 L:5

Edited by Spagunk

Been focusing elsewhere so far?

Yeah mainly with T'au and Shadow Wars and dabbling a bit in CSM/Daemons. T'au was a lot of fun until the Codexes got released and I realized how much the Index is lacking and the CSM range is just too outdated to start properly right now imo so I'm glad we got the BA codex now. :P

I'm actually going to keep track of how I get on now in the codex and see how well i get on.

I went about P:8 W:7 D:0 L:1

and the game I lost was a 2v1 game with orks against ynnari 

P.S. we don't play competitive games much as its usually a beer, banter and more beer day of gaming

P:12 W:8 D:0 L:4

Two lost games where with my Dakkabotlist vs. Mortarion in both times @ the tournament. The other loss was the close one against world eaters where Khârn lost his :censored:.

*added another 3 turney outcomes (2 wins:1 loss)

Edited by Riot Earp

I'm actually going to keep track of how I get on now in the codex and see how well i get on.

P.S. we don't play competitive games much as its usually a beer, banter and more beer day of gaming

What was working for you with your wins?

What was working for you with your wins?

general things really. I have been playing my army as a bit of a turn two charge army. but the main thing is an abundant amount of line of sight blocking terrain. we mostly play maelstrom games.

-strom raven( with a 4++) with a death company dreadnought getting aggressive for the dread to get a turn 2 charge, (a bit of a distraction model that is on the enemy asap)

-two squads of sanguinary guard(bare plasma pistols) dropping down with the sanguinor on a weak flank preferably behind los to jump out turn two and and get into exposed models.

- 2 razorbacks  and maybe a baal pred or two moving to midfield and taking middle objectives shielding the advance of my other units transporting flamer tactical squads and mephiston 

-mephiston uses the 3" move from disembarking a razor turn one then moving up and advancing behind the razorbacks to shield him and cast the 4++ on the stormraven  

- a unit of sniper scouts to sit on an objective to fill out my 3 troops choices.

- a few msu units of death company jumping up the field trying distract enemy fire power or stop deepstrike alpha strikes the best they can.

I kinda use the vehicles to shield the advance of the ground troops but stay at midfield to contest/take objectives, while positioning the rest of my army for a turn two charge possibly from multiple angles if i can manage it.  target priority is usually a big decision for me as well because i need to try to remove screening units and maybe 1 shooty threat (hellblasters or the like).I try to bring msu units to get the enemy to over commit fire power as its still difficult to judge the right amount of fire power to deal with units. 

other than that play close to terrain, if my opponent uses mostly vehicles then put objective markers on the top floor of terrain etc... 

P:1 W:1 D:0 L:0

Absolutely steamrolled a mechanized Raven Guard force featuring several FW Contemptors and tanks. Considering how pathetically I did with my Necrons (who I have played 10+ games with in 8th) against the same army I was very surprised by the outcome.

Got a Codex-in-hand match this Saturday versus Mortarion and his cronies, so we'll see how well I deal with Primarch models.

P:3, W:0, L:3, D:0

Sorry to have to report it, but there it is.  Mostly I've focused on my Raven Guard since 8th dropped.  The 3 games I did play with BA:

Game 1: was, literally, my first 8th edition game. I played against my buddy who had already played 1/2 a dozen games of 8th. He basically had a 1000 sons list that Smite Spammed me down.

Game 2: Me and a buddy played BA and RG respectively against my 2 other friends who had Death Guard and Thousand Sons...and they brought Morty and Maggie.  1500 pts per army. We got stomped into oblivion.  (in all fairness, the DG/TS players had said prior to the game they were going to bring Morty and Maggie, I just didn't really realize entirely what that meant.)

Game 3: BA vs. RG, more or less teaching a friend how to play 8th edition.   I used previous army lists to play, so it wasn't exactly a fair/balanced match.  I wasn't intentionally trying to lose, but I wasn't playing in hard mode here either.

P5 W1 D3 L1

First game of 8th was a catastrophic lost to Necrons. I deepstruck tactical TDA and a unit of tactical marines in a drop pod. Made 1 charge, miffed the other, my opponent proceeded to annihilate me afterwards.

Game 2 was a mirror match. The lad I played was quite nice, and very inexperienced. Tried to multi assault, failed the charge and I proceeded to eradicate his only threat with my storm raven.

Game 3 was extremely tight all game, I missed a crucial charge in the last turn and had to settle for a tie. Game 4 my death company were basically kited turns 4 and 5, and I just couldn't do enough residual damage as they took casualties through out the game. Ended up having to play the missions, but squeezed out a tie with line breaker.

Game 5 was miserable. I think my dice went on holiday in the arctic. Iron Warriors just chipped away. We were evenly matched by lady averages though. Thought I had the victory, but a made efdort on an objective awarded both it and line breaker.

I switched to Nids after that.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

time for confession.

Blood angels Index records

P9 W6 D:0 L:3 

5 games were in a tournament and the last 4 were at my local club. 

I have used plenty of DC with bolters and chainswords. Take them for what it is. They are a blender not a deff´star. And mine was used vs "soft targets" So far they have racked up plenty of wounds with bolters and done well in cc with chainswords. Mostly in range of a captain for rerolling 1´s to hit. Flyers also did well. We all know how good ravens were in the opening days of 8th and I had 3 ravens used in 7th ed´s "Angel´s fury spearhead force".

Sadly furiosos and dc dreads did not carry the day. They are simply too expensive in the Index. I love walkers and have included walkers in 8 of the 9 games and they were never the MVP.

One loss was vs a taac chaos list and that was probalby the best game 40K I´ve had in 15 years. i lost by 1 point and the score ended 19 -18 in his favor. He landed slaanesh oblits, buffed with +1 to hit, used death hex (no invuln saves) on my units, shot twice with the slaanesh stratagem and tore out 550 points of my army. Then he shot some lascannons and did even more damage during his first turn..... I deployed like a muppet and he took advantage of that. 

I thought the game was lost but managed to put up a decent fight. 5 turns later it all came down to a single save. The game was so close it came down to if the save was failed I won if the passed he won. Great game and sporting opponent. (best game that tournament and best game in 15 years) :-D

Edited by Are Verlo

0/0/1 - - Want my 5th Edition BA record instead? XD 

Went from playing Grey Knights since coming back exclusively to pulling out the Blood Angels and playing a game. Was supposed to play 2K against Tau but it got changed to 1K last minute. Unlike my opponent I didn't have models on hand to swap out on the fly, so I had to shrink my list. I failed literally every charge roll but one. Turn 1 he had shot almost my entire army off the board, except my Camo Cloak Sniper Scouts and Term Captain stabbing things with 1 wound left. 

If the Universe proves to me it doesn't hate me then I'll have a game at 2K points on Friday night against Space Wolves, hopefully faring a lot better. If the Universe proves that it does hate me I'll play Grey Knights against my Tau buddy on Saturday and teleport a Land Raider into his face... 

Edited by Kickrock

Ive been mostly playing Thoysand Sons. I know I lost twice with Blood Angels to Nids, beat dwath guard once. That might be all my index BA games

Of course this means Ive played one few codex game than index so far

P:10 W:8 D:1 L:1

I didn't attend any tournaments. Just friendly games. My only draw was against necrons, then I lost to the same opponent a month later and on the same day defeated him using the same roster. Guess, it was the only interesting rivalry yet.

Other games were against Raven Guards, Renegades with CSM, Tyranids, Dark Eldars and fellow Blood Angels.

It seems that I've become too competitive for my meta.