Ashes of Prospero: SPoilers- T son stuff

Triszin

I do believe (and hope, I admit) that Leman Russ will be the next loyalist Primarch.

But if you're waiting for Ashes of Prospero to give you some hints, you're mistaken. I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine at the black library weekender and he brought me back Ashes of Prospero.

I read it and there are quite a few new things for the Space Wolves fluffwise but we can expect also some changes for the codex and maybe for the Imperium at large.

I'm going to spoil the content of the book, so, if you don't want to, do not read my message.

This book follows the events described in Inferno and the audio book "The Thirteenth Wolf"

This book takes place after the Crusade Indomitus. The Space Wolves are hard pressed to answer to all the calls of help and assistance that they received. Logan asks Njal to do some divinations in the hope to find Leman Russ. Njal doesn't find anything but he's drawn to Prospero.

Logan decides to send a little force of Space Wolves to Prospero under Njal's command. After some skirmishes on Prospero against the cultists of Magnus and then in the network of portals, the SW of Njal find the survivors of the XIII Great Company trapped in the network of portals. In the meantime, Njal discovers the reason why Magnus has returned to Prospero : he plans to use the network of portals to rid the daemons of the necessity of a warp rift to appear in the real world. he would have an infinite army and also more powerful.

After some exchange of greetings, reconnaissance of their brothers and negociations, the survivors of the XIIIth, follow the SW of Njal out of the network.

There are 200 survivors with their 30k arsenal : Stormbird, thunderhawk, spartans, predators... with their Wolf lord Bulveye at the head.

Njal orders its cruiser to bombard Prospero. And the book ends like this.

So for me,we have a lot of things fluff wise :

- The SW will be the only chapter to have real marines 30k with them.

- They will have a strange mix of SW 40k, SW 30k and Primaris.

- Who is going to lead the chapter : Logan or Bulveye?

- there are some clashs in the book when the marines 30k discover the Horus heresy, and the way of their brethren of 40k compared to the Imperial truth of 30k.

- Leman Russ is absolutely not seen nor do we have a hint of its return in the book.

- Some Chaos Primarchs are mentionned : Angron, Fulgrim and Lorgar

For me the fact that Leman Russ is not mentionned and that the book ends very abruptly is a sign that something is coming.

I think that we'll have a summer campaign opposing the SW against the TS for the control of these portals. Even if it's, or because maybe, a revenge for the events of Curse of the Wulfen and Wrath of Magnus.

It's the perfect occasion to bring back Leman Russ after the rediscovery of his 13th Company which we know, he has a particular bond with them.

And for us, players, we will be perfectly free to use our 40k and 30k models in our future army.

Just imagine access to Cataphractiis, tartaros, Stormbirds, Spartans... :wub::wub:

So, what do you think of all this?

Iskaar

- he was aware of the powers at chaos at play to turn magnus and the sons against the imperium, and that the wolves were played also, he just found out to late. so he put entire battles in the portal networked and froze them in time. with hopes that he and a wolf commander could halt the forces in those battles and do peace. so there would still be loyal sons of magnus.

- Bulveye at this point lost tons of brothers and he didnt beleive the sorcerer so he killed him. and in doing so the arcane manipulations he did stopped, so the battles began again in the portal system.

- in doing so it closed the portal entrance back to prospero

--Literal entire companies and warzones were frozen in time for both sides.

There are also some revelations for the TS players

The TS sorcerer which has send a shard of its psyche into Njal is Issakar Orr. He is horrifed of what has become of the TS Legion. When the SW first arrive in front of the first portal on Prospero, they are confronted by a force of 200 TS 30k who want to exit. The SW of Njal are completely outnumbered. But when the TS set foot in the real world, tey become dust.

At the end, the sorcerer and the SW make peace because they realised that they've been tricked. Issakar Orr closes the last portal to give time to the SW to evacuate the planet because magnus is behind them. He then returns in the portals, resolved to fight against his primarch and what he has become. I believe that we'll see this sorcerer in a next book or the future campaign

So we have Loyal T sons still running around, and Iskaar is strong enough to have resurrected himself, and freeze entire battles.

I have a feeling that in Ahrimans quest to find a way to stop the changing, him and Iskaar's paths will intercept, and if the changing is stopped then Iskaar and any heresy era loyal Tsons he finds will leave the portal system and side with the imperium.

Not entirely true - the Ultramarines already got some 30k Marines that got frozen in time by Trazyn during the Heresy :tongue.:

Yeah I thought that was super awesome, but was it confirmed anywhere that they survived? I might have to re-read FoC.

Not entirely true - the Ultramarines already got some 30k Marines that got frozen in time by Trazyn during the Heresy :tongue.:

Yeah I thought that was super awesome, but was it confirmed anywhere that they survived? I might have to re-read FoC.

Ya they even had a custode with them, but i think they all died fighting the black legion as the cavern collasped then cadia broke apart

Okay so perhaps I missed this; where did the "loyalist thousand sons" thing come from? I was under the impression bulveye murdered all the sons in the portal. 

Also; if this is after what exactly is going on with the thousand sons fleet and forces? Isnt Sortiarius basically adjacent to prospero in the system? Or did the *PLANET* of psykers not pick up on some space-wolfenry wandering about their home-system?

Edited by Sonoftherubric21

Loyalist Thousand Sons? That seems like a difficult term to define them.... Horus couldn't turn them, so he manipulated a situation that had them despised, and hunted.

Ahriman may specifically be 'past the point' of feeling anything for the Imperium, but I don't think that's true of everyone. The Wolves will always be hated, but I don't think they equate to the Imperium. That's just me... but I also recall that book last Christmas was it? That Thousand Sons that acts as the genesire of the Grey Knights... that's pretty loyal. :)

Those 30K Ultra's lasted about 10 minutes. That scene is pretty cool though, and opens up some major story threads!

I'll definitely have to pick up this book. (I can't read all the spoilers!)

That would be cool, I hope within the codex there is an on-table difference between "Ahrimans exiles" and "Magnus loyalists" maybe a strategem only an army with Magnus can use, and a strategem only an army with Ahriman can use? 

I dont think we would receive a "good guy 1k sons" unit as it wouldn't mesh with the chaos side of the list id imagine. 

This fluff is very interesting and it does open up some future ideas, either on table or in-universe. 

Just a thought thought, it might seem a bit clumsy.

it seems there needs to be something to fill out the dex with more than fluff and cool art.  Nids got Hive Fleets, Ad Mech got various factions etc...  I have not seen the Grey Knights and maybe BA and DA will blow this theory out of the water though some sort of multiple faction bonus (cult or otherwise) seems to offer some variation we are seeing in other dexs.

Just a thought thought, it might seem a bit clumsy.

it seems there needs to be something to fill out the dex with more than fluff and cool art.  Nids got Hive Fleets, Ad Mech got various factions etc...  I have not seen the Grey Knights and maybe BA and DA will blow this theory out of the water though some sort of multiple faction bonus (cult or otherwise) seems to offer some variation we are seeing in other dexs.

Dark angels will definitely have sub-factional bonuses (Deathwing and Ravenwing) 

Blood Angels get something vaguely similar with death company.  Same basic concept I suppose! 

Id imagine ours will be minimal but potentially present. 

Get ready for more goats.

I wouldn't doubt that actually at all.  Nor would I dislike that actually, I actually quite love Tzaangors this edition. Discount assault marines? Buffed cultists? something in between!

i wouldnt mind having an HQ specific to them, or something at least other then our basic goats.

Get ready for more goats.

I wouldn't doubt that actually at all. Nor would I dislike that actually, I actually quite love Tzaangors this edition. Discount assault marines? Buffed cultists? something in between!

i wouldnt mind having an HQ specific to them, or something at least other then our basic goats.

Same here although I doubt an HQ choice since you could have "goats" leading rubric marines just like there are no HQ demon choices in the Death Guard codex.

I must be the only person that doesn’t want gors or rubrics on discs. I want something in the fast attack slot with high strength, not more S4 or S3 single shots/attacks.

Having cheap chaff beastmen is a good option, I would prefer something else outside of a troop slot.

I must be the only person that doesn’t want gors or rubrics on discs. I want something in the fast attack slot with high strength, not more S4 or S3 single shots/attacks.

Having cheap chaff beastmen is a good option, I would prefer something else outside of a troop slot.

You're not the only one. I hate gors so I proxy them with Kairic acolytes, and I think Rubrics on discs would be ridiculous... More gors would pain me.

Rubric devastators on the other hand... 4 Soulreaper cannons would be awesome. A Contemptor and Fast Attack daemon engine would also be great.

You're not the only one. I hate gors so I proxy them with Kairic acolytes, and I think Rubrics on discs would be ridiculous... More gors would pain me.

Rubric devastators on the other hand... 4 Soulreaper cannons would be awesome. A Contemptor and Fast Attack daemon engine would also be great.

This!!!!

I say why not both? I dont see why we couldnt have Rubric devastators other than it would be points inefficient to the point they probably wont get used.

I truly imagine a mixed squad of Rubric Marine's on discs with Spire Shard Cannons. Fast Attack with Las equivalency and a few extra attacks from the disc to help balance out our lists. Goats, 2 sets of Rubrics with Rhino, Ahriman on Disc, a DP, Rubrics on Disc, and a pair of Disco Preds.

Maybe they'll enable Goats with shields. 2 sets of swords and goats with shields to act as your body guards... I could see how this would work.