GK new errata, GW are you kidding me?

Danarc

Guys let's please steer this away from directly hammering GW. It's fine if you want to complain, or debate the worth of how they handled GK, but it's a slippery slope once we start just accusing them of 'half arsing it' and 'no thought'.

I know it's difficult at this point to not just wave our collective hands in the air and curse at GW. There's just more constructive ways to handle this.

We have to be mindful of new people entering the forum. I would love to see you guys put this kind of effort into communicating with GW, either through email or Facebook. In my experience that is literally the ONLY way to affect change. Griping here really doesn't actually resolve anything aside from letting you blow off steam (which isn't the goal of the forum).

I think there's a lot of leeway in that area already. We have champions of complainers here, that often border on degrading the GK forum into a hate fest. I have the complaints/reports to prove it.

I do sympathize with the difficulties GW have thrown us so early in 8th. Please be more mindful of the level of critisizm that can make your post go from thoughtful, and logical to hateful and just pure negativity.

I'm going to start pruning posts that really have no content other than citing GW as the devil.

some of us contacted GW. I sent an e-mail regarding the GK situation after a week in wich I gathered advices by Italian GK community. Like me the same e-mail has been sent by other Italian GK community members.

At the same time some people from &C community made the same while others wrote their comments on 40k facebook page.

There are not only whine here, we keep on gathering ideas to improve our army.

Edited by Danarc

There are not only whine here, we keep on gathering ideas to improve our army.

That's fine.I applaud you for it. This is not what I'm referencing when I say sheer negative posts are going to be removed. (have been removed).

Keep doing what you're doing. "gathering ideas" is positive way of handling this.

It is kind of a hard to not be negative about the GK changes post last update. And if GK players do care about new people, it is probablly a good way to not give them a false idea about the state of the faction. Some people think may get a false image that GK are just tier 2 or something like that. IMO it is the same for tau. I don't think there is much[specially after the update] to be happy about, if one is or wants to be a GK player. And it is more fair to be up front about it.

And the fact that GW could fix it [index, codex and the new rules update] and did nothing, does leave people salty. I can understand that, I mean even if w40k get a really fast update cycle the quickest something will get fixed is next year rules update.

There are many ways to show displeasure or disagreements with GW. And if someone wants to come here to complain, just flat out complain and/or accuse GW of being uncaring or whatever adjective you want to use, this isn’t the place for it.

There are a lot of forums you can go to to start a downward spiral of whining and complaining. Thus isn’t the place for it.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of players, not only GK, do not like the rule, as I can see. I already noted on Facebook, will be writing to rule team too. This is truly ridiculous. Smite spam strategy was based around limited amout of units. Insted of nerfing simte for such units only (primaris psykers, brimstones, malefic lords) they simply nerfed it for everyone. And they want to say they tested this with GK and it ended up okay? Seriously?

GK smite was nerfed originally because it was too strong to have. This would over nerf it and my guess is that it isn't GW intent to make it "no good" for GKs. 

There's a chance that they'll redo GK smite if they decide to go through with this change. I would imagine getting something like D3 MW when casting smite. Guranteed 3 against Demons with no possibility of D6 MW on a 10+ might be a good middle ground. 

I can see why they would implement it though. Normal smite spam armies can become quite powerful, especially if they get lucky dice (10+ on the roll). That's not very fun to play against.

Likewise for GK it's not very fun when a demon player ends up going against a GK player has starts to take 3 MW 3-4 times in a fight. Mortal Wounds are incredibly powerful so managing them is super important for balance. 

Guess we will have to see. 

As i said in the news that think of the design.

1. Smite is built with a damage increase at 10+. Now that's largely gone. As after 2/3 fails, not just successful 10+ casts, but after fails, denies and strat shenanigans you are literally locked out of the 10+ damage buff.

2. The design of psykers that can cast 2 powers. Usually they know 1 discipline and smite. And thier point costs is based on this.

With the design they can spam smite so as to not be redundant.

Now they can't spam smite.

Take neurothropes. After you cast catalyst and scream neuros are left with smite.

They don't even have a gun you could shoot instead.

And now they can't spam smite?

Every psyker needs massive points reductions if this goes through. You're literally redesigning the use and potenxy of all psykers units with this ham fisted change.

It seems GW thinks all the psykers in an army are actually one gestalt consciousness. There's no other way to explain why one man casting smite would have any effect on another man's ability to do the same. 

Today i was thinking about the smite problem and I realised that purifiers suck more than before. We could have models 7 points more expandive than pagk that can’t do the only thing they have (wich is also the motivation for they high cost).

I can only agree with Gentleman. Did GW ever play with theyr game? Surely not with GK.

If thst was the case we only be able to rites of banishment once per turn.

We cast smite. And would be bound to any changes to smite.

Our Rites is a specific over general trump that changes the range and damage of smite.

We're still casting Smite though.

Edited by Gentlemanloser

Yep, i agree.

Moreover keeping on thinking about the FAQ I was wondering about our banner. Again the FAQ nerf it. So we have poor relic and one of two useful is going to be nerfed.

I am really dsappointed. But, mostly, I am really sad.

Did someone that has facebook ask to GW about this issue?

Edited by Danarc