Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slaaneldari

Slaanesh eldar

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Lords of Preyspire

Lords of Preyspire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
  • Faction: Any form of Seer
Hello all!

A few weeks ago I started buying up bits to kit bash wythes into a eldar slaanesh cult (stand in for demonettes). Its intention really was to legitimize the use of the deathwatch army in a mini campaign I’m playing in. But it’s got me thinking, have we seen much in the way of mad slaanesh eldar?

Obviously it’s a pretty crazed thing to do but you never know what pacts a desperate group or Craftworld might make to save (hehe) their souls. I have heard rumors of a fabled Craftworld in a past WD and a slaanesh eldar emissary in one of the black library books.

I have also seen around the wikis the doomed Craftworld whose avatar has been possessed by a keeper of secrets.

So if anyone has any thoughts or info please share away!
LoP

Hawklords : Space sorcerers : Emperors Children : Dark Mechanicum

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos

Why not? It'd be an unique and awesome idea. 

For modelling, those Age of Sigmar Witch Elves or Sisters of Slaughter could make quite decent ones, especially with the Sisters' masks on.

• Kierdale and Lords of Preyspire like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts
I believe the Slaaneshi herald was a pre-Fall thing intended to lure the Eldar further into depravity and hasten Slaanesh's awakening. Much the same relationship between the Yncarne and Ynnead.
  • Lords of Preyspire likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Lords of Preyspire

Lords of Preyspire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts

For modelling, those Age of Sigmar Witch Elves or Sisters of Slaughter could make quite decent ones, especially with the Sisters' masks on.

Hehe, that’s exactly what I’ve been doing!

I believe the Slaaneshi herald was a pre-Fall thing intended to lure the Eldar further into depravity and hasten Slaanesh's awakening. Much the same relationship between the Yncarne and Ynnead.

Ahhh multi quote fail......

Ok so not a real eldar? Don’t happen to know what it’s in do you?
LoP

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,127 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Slaan...not what i thought I'd be seeing here.
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

It would not be unique or interesting, it would be Drukari but with all the unique and interesting parts stripped away.Dark Eldar behave in exactly the same way a Slaanesh eldar cult would, only they have much more compelling reasons to do so than for 'teh evuls'. It's totally redundant.
  • Kite Senet likes this

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,397 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

It would not be unique or interesting, it would be Drukari but with all the unique and interesting parts stripped away.Dark Eldar behave in exactly the same way a Slaanesh eldar cult would, only they have much more compelling reasons to do so than for 'teh evuls'. It's totally redundant.

Was it really necessary to go to the trouble of posting just to dump on someone's idea?

Yes, it's similar to the concept of Dark Eldar. But his specific idea was a Craftworld that fell to Chaos.

I think it's an original enough idea to be worth doing.
  • Walter Payton and walter h like this

carnosaur93

carnosaur93

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts

me too! the idea of chaos eldar has always been interesting and oddly under-represented

but especially now with all the new daughter's of khaine stuff just around the corner, there has gotta be some sweet conversion possibilites in some of those new models

• Xisor likes this

Praise to he whose name is Random!

Hold RNGsus in your heart always

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 503 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It's basically a pact with the devil thing, just needs a really good explanation for slaanesh to let them go instead of just having a snack... why the eldar would want to be on the good side of she who thirsts is obvious imo.

It's an awesome idea with loads of potential, i'm really interested to see what might come of this :tu:

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,397 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

It's basically a pact with the devil thing, just needs a really good explanation for slaanesh to let them go instead of just having a snack... why the eldar would want to be on the good side of she who thirsts is obvious imo.
It's an awesome idea with loads of potential, i'm really interested to see what might come of this :tu:

Maybe they can be let go in order to feed other Craftworlds to Slaanesh?

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
It's cropped up in the lore a lot, with the likes of the market world in "Atlas Infernal" - there's a cool opportunity to do neat conversions and work to some more 'classic' Chaos colour schemes.

I'm vaguely certain that Josh Reynolds' 40k stories have had Chaos Eldar in then somewhere.

I think, though, the main 'problem' with them is that, being Eldar, they tend to burn brighter for shorter times - hence giving the perception they don't exist. Outside the deep Eye of Terror and such places, I imagine the other Eldar make short work of them. (E.g. few successful empires out in the real world.)

Still, it's a fascinating bit of the 40k setting to explore I'd love to see more of it!

Ioldanach

Ioldanach

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts
Ancient pre-Fall elder serving Slaanesh have been part of the lore since the craftworlds as we know them were first introduced in 1990 (my copy of that issue White Dwarf is in the garage somewhere, so I'm quoting from the Warhammer 40,000 Compilation).

Even so, these planets [Daemon Worlds in the Eye of Terror] are not devoid of life, but are home to countless mortal followers and champions of the Chaos Powers as well as immortal daemons and their masters. Among the mortal inhabitants can still be found Eldar, some preserved since the time of the Fall, who champion the cause of Chaos on the Daemon Worlds and throughout the galaxy.

The last of the true Eldar eventually deserted their planets on board the few remaining spacecraft, beginning a new phase of Eldar civilization - the age of spaceborne travel and the Craftworlds. The creatures that screamed and cackled over the ruins of the Eldar worlds could no longer be called Eldar.

I always thought that these Champions of Slaanesh looked like they could have started life as eldar before turning to She Who Thirsts.

gallery_44777_13283_10984.jpg

• Akylas, Kierdale, Slave to Darkness and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Anhrathe (Eldar Corsairs): KT faction rules
Ynnari: KT faction rules

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,847 posts

me too! the idea of chaos eldar has always been interesting and oddly under-represented

but especially now with all the new daughter's of khaine stuff just around the corner, there has gotta be some sweet conversion possibilites in some of those new models
It hasn’t been explored because it is in the realm of female Space Marines and Chaos Grey Knights. The birth of Slaanesh and his consumption of the Eldar gods gives him full claim on their souls. Turning to Chaos serves no purpose because they just get gobbled up. The only thing another Chaos god could offer is claiming their souls instead of Slaanesh, but Craftworld have spirit stones for that, and Drukhari have their vampire shtick.

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,301 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
I could see some traction for it though lore wise. The ruinous powers are known to reward those who offer up souls to them. There's no reason an Aeldari couldn't work out the same deal with Slaanesh. One yummy soul now, or a steady snack of souls. Sure it gets into Drukhari territory, but since Dark Eldar were a fan made army before they were a twinkle in GW's eye, there's no reason you shouldn't go with the idea if you like it.
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

Skaorn

Skaorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts

It hasn’t been explored because it is in the realm of female Space Marines and Chaos Grey Knights. The birth of Slaanesh and his consumption of the Eldar gods gives him full claim on their souls. Turning to Chaos serves no purpose because they just get gobbled up. The only thing another Chaos god could offer is claiming their souls instead of Slaanesh, but Craftworld have spirit stones for that, and Drukhari have their vampire shtick.

I disagree with this. Chaos Eldar have existed in fluff for a long time and have never been retconed. Though not mentioned directly they are still hinted at. The paths exist to try to prevent Eldar from falling to their old ways, Altansar is not trusted because they are believed to be tainted, Mandrakes might be daemon/Eldar highbreds, etc. Turning to the other gods might be desperate attempts to get away from Slaanesh. Slaanesh could easily keep Eldar around to help spread his/her will, because what god wouldn't like their evangelicals. Besides, it's not like you need a soul in 40k.

The difference between Chaos Eldar and female marines or Chaos Grey Knights is the unknown elements to it. Female marines are explicitly stated as not existing due to background that dates to times in gaming when it was okay to say things like a female fighter could not get up to an 18/100 Strength, when nowadays it makes more sense to appeal to a wider market (sorry, SoB are not female SM). Grey Knights have the potential to fall and must protect themselves vs the influence of Chaos but the likelihood that it happens to more than one at a time and aren't dealt with in house before there is any problem is slim. With Chaos Eldar there is a much larger realm of possibilities that could happen.

I'd say the biggest problems for seeing Chaos Eldar as official armies is concept and scale. How would you go about making an army that is substantially different from Dark Eldar, thread the needle between existing Chaos threats, and avoid the call for Chaos Orks too? I might go with a cross between sirens and the Ring for aesthetics, myself, but that's just me. I think they would also have a similar problem as Exodites would for wandering around the galaxy, picking fights. Chances are they would be a small percentage of the Eldar population as a whole and they probably wouldn't be seen much of outside the Crone Worlds beyond some hidden covens trying to avoid detection among other Eldar.
Obed was a sailor. He sailed the seven seas. He made love to the fish. He made love to the fish.
Spaceship Zero, Insmouth Look

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
Sounds like a good idea. Skaorn makes some good points about why we might not see a Chaos Aeldari Codex, but there certainly seems enough precedent in the old fluff to justify the concept.

And with the new Daughters of Khaine and the forthcoming Idoneth, you’ve got plenty of material for conversions, which is ample justification for the project!

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,210 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
I see the Slaanesh-aligned Eldar as something that would be appropriate as an add-on to the Lost and the Damned concept. Instead of a dedicated force, they are simply a type of unit or units (potentially including HQs) that might be taken in a larger Chaos force.

In the meantime, there are probably plenty of modeling/conversion options for players that want to incorporate such concepts into their Chaos forces (daemon princes, mutants, champions, whatever). Hobbyists can go a long way towards incorporating the theme into their army via model appearance rather than relying on nifty rules.

Going back to a question posed in the OP by Lords of Preyspire, I doubt we would see any craftworlds align with Slaanesh-aligned Eldar. Even those that are rumored to be corrupted (e.g., Ulthwe, Altansar) still fight against Chaos. The craftworld Eldar loathe She-Who-Thirsts.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,494 posts

Read C.S. Goto's "Eldar Prophecy" once, then burn it. 

Spoiler

Edited by Xenith, 10 April 2018 - 11:02 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Lords of Preyspire

Lords of Preyspire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
Apologies to all. I totally forgot that I made this thread! I appreciate the replies. I’m taken with the idea that they might be eldar hunters themselves. Thank for the WD snippets, great info.

Anyone remember that tune tablet thing? If I remember it had a rune for the dark kin and a more shunned rune for those that are diabolic. I like the idea that this has something to do with Slaanesh.
LoP

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,210 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
This one?

gallery_26_548_42423.png

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Slan Drakkos

Slan Drakkos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: III and XVIII Legions

Ahhh multi quote fail......
Ok so not a real eldar? Don’t happen to know what it’s in do you?

Book 2 of the Macharius Crusade; The Fist of Demetrius. Granted, it's only shown for a few paragraphs.

Found it. Since it's very long, I'm going to divide it into one spoiler box for each page.

Page 1
Spoiler

Page 2
Spoiler

Page 3
Spoiler

Page 4
Spoiler

Final page
Spoiler

• Karhedron and Heliomanes like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,635 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
So visually, how would you guys imagine Slaaneshi Eldar?

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Slan Drakkos

Slan Drakkos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: III and XVIII Legions

So visually, how would you guys imagine Slaaneshi Eldar?

partially warped/mutated eldar. They would of course look/act like dark eldar. They wouldn't be so obsessed with the pain aspect of slaanesh, maybe with different cults that specialize in different aspects of slaanesh.

I imagine they'd look quite a bit like a solid mixture of Dark Eldar and Juan Diaz daemonettes
  • The Nephilim likes this

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,223 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

To me, I'd say they wouldn't look that different from normal, at least at first glance. Maybe the eyes would be a bit darker than normal. Upon closer inspection, their skin is a bit too flawless, almost like porcelain. Their features too symmetrical, their mouths a fraction too wide. Now that you look closer, their eyes aren't just dark, they're entirely black. Their features, wrong as they looked before, are now the epitome of perfection, and now your soul is theirs.

• The Nephilim likes this

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,301 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
I know that this is a WHFB thing, but since Chaos has a history of going both ways, it may be at least /thermically/ relevant. There was for a short time a Dark Elf Slaanesh cult army, and their leaders were Anointed, who were dark elves who had been exposed to the chaos wastes for a very long time. They were generally resistant to mutations, but their eyes usually darkened to black, and their skin tended to change in color. Since Aeldari were GW's space elves, it stands to reason that this is one possible effect of chaos worship on Aeldari.

There were also, I believe, some designer comments on why the Yncarne looks quite Slaaneshi, effectively being because Slaanesh and Ynnead were both primarily shaped by the Aeldari psyche. So a traditional Slaaneshi aesthetic would work with little adjustment, as it's already quite Eldar inspired anyway
  • Xisor, The Nephilim, Gederas and 1 other like this
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slaanesh, eldar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users