Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New HH VR Game

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
This came out of nowhere, a brand new Horus Heresy VR game has just been announced. I've never been fully sold on VR, does anyone else feel the same way? The game looks interesting though, I look forward to playing it and see how it all works.

• Centurion Jay and M@verik115 like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,004 posts
  • Faction: Blood of Fenris
I think we have to see what the controls and the actual vr visual is like. This looks like a duel style where you play a UM and simply fight it out with a npc WB.

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg

"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke

"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim

"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 755 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I think we have to see what the controls and the actual vr visual is like. This looks like a duel style where you play a UM and simply fight it out with a npc WB.

Its turn based strategy game. 
I am a simple brother. I see horus heresy and I press like. 

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 525 posts

I have glasses, so VR doesn't really work for me.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Looks like more shovelware we've come to expect of most licensed 40k games.

• Marshal Loss and D3L like this

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,444 posts

Another forgettable GW licence.

Bring on Rogue Factor's Necromunda: Underhive Wars. 

wVotDtg.jpg ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

VR calth?

So load up the game and have a 90% chance of instantly dying in a horrific orbital explosion or having a starship crash into you.

This would actually be more interesting for me than a "turn based dueller" etc....like a VR survival horror where you play a citizen of calth (not a marine) and just have to leg it through the word bearers attack.

• BrotherCaptainArkhan, ChromeZephyr, leoparden and 6 others like this

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

DVNE - Crushing tales of space horror (In space no-one can hear you doom)

ronin_cse

ronin_cse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,422 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I have a PSVR and it's actually pretty great so I'm fairly optimistic for this (even though it likely won't come to PSVR). To those who haven't tried VR out you really have to before deciding if you like it or not. Keep in mind that the graphics for VR games are typically much worse than regular ones due to having to run at at least 90 fps to avoid motion sickness, you tend to stop noticing the poor graphics pretty fast while in game though.

Anyways without more info I'm cautiously optimistic. Would love an actual 40k tabletop game in VR though where you can see your models animate and such, maybe some day

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpgT0x4MJd.pnggallery_84846_13531_32020.png

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
  • Faction: Angels Infernal

I'm loving my Oculus Rift- a free motion game where you play a Space Marine wading through hordes of cultists/tyranids/guardsmen would be pretty much perfect for VR (the two controller setup is practically made for simulating a bolt pistol and chainsword......or plasma pistol/Gorechild).

Looks like this is the BaC board game ported to VR, which seems like wasted potential. Haven't played anything other than first person games on VR but if this is cheap enough I'll probably give it a shot.

Edited by OPTIMVSCHRISTVS, 05 December 2017 - 05:11 PM.

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

VR calth?

So load up the game and have a 90% chance of instantly dying in a horrific orbital explosion or having a starship crash into you.

This would actually be more interesting for me than a "turn based dueller" etc....like a VR survival horror where you play a citizen of calth (not a marine) and just have to leg it through the word bearers attack.

To be fair, it's was actually a 60% chance biggrin.png

gallery 63428 7083 6894

Black Cohort

Black Cohort

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
  • Faction: Black Cohort

Using VR for a turn based game seems like a waste.

Follow the link to help make "A Better 40k"<p> http://www.bolterand...types-finished/
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,222 posts
  • Faction: Chapter of the Ruined King

Man, and Underground War game would be so cool. Shame it will never happen.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,014 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

If this is a Heresy based Xcom style game I'll definitely get it.

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Veteran Sergeant

Veteran Sergeant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,359 posts
  • Faction: Invectors

One of my favorite things to do is to stumble around my living room, flailing at my television.

• Semper Fortis likes this

Marneus Calgar is referred to as "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible. If the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines - 31mm Space Marines Tutorial
lmnusighdfin.pngsig-tauorkcultist-fxfinlttr1.png
The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy                                                          Litanies of Hate & Discontent; Index Astartes: Invectors

Black Cohort

Black Cohort

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
  • Faction: Black Cohort

I think that would work better based around the deathwatch, since they focus more on small scale squad stuff than the HH did.  Still I would not complain.

Follow the link to help make "A Better 40k"<p> http://www.bolterand...types-finished/
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpg

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

VR calth?

I was listening to the audio book for Know no Fear, standing washing my dishes.

Then I came to the part where a Shadowsword fell from they sky and crashed on Calth among all the other debris coming down from the orbital battle above.

That moment is when I decided I was going to start playing 30k.

...so yeah, getting this game even though I dont have VR.

• Antarius likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png   gallery_86352_14298_17387.jpg gallery_86352_12089_19839.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,018 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

I think that would work better based around the deathwatch, since they focus more on small scale squad stuff than the HH did.  Still I would not complain.

The Deathwatch XCOM game was goddamn awful, it was just an iphone port. 

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade

I think that would work better based around the deathwatch, since they focus more on small scale squad stuff than the HH did. Still I would not complain.
The Deathwatch XCOM game was goddamn awful, it was just an iphone port.
There a Deathwatch Xcom game?

Edited by Schlitzaf, 06 December 2017 - 02:18 AM.

PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,181 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion & Killteam Orks
Can't they just make Spez Mahreen 2 and forget about these puppy licenses? -le sigh-

BCC

HQ.gif Black Legion including Crimson Slaughter pledged to the 13th Black Crusade HQ.gif
Played: 18 Won: 4 Lost: 12 Draw: 2
Killteam: Orks
Played: 4 Won: 1 Lost: 3

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,790 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

There a Deathwatch Xcom game?

Presumably referring to Deathwatch, which is similar in some respects to XCOM (turn-based squad game), but lacking in the... everything that makes XCOM so good. Also, it is indeed just a port of an iOS game with wonky control scheme to match.

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts

Can't they just make Spez Mahreen 2 and forget about these puppy licenses? -le sigh-

BCC

With the story they were going with for Space Marine 2, I'd rather not :o

• Volt likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------

-----------

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
Got sent an early version of the game to play and show off, please be aware that everything you see is in the early stages of development and anything can change.

• Runefyre likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------

-----------

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 755 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Honestly that looks pretty cool! I love that they actually stuck to the story very well.

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

Apothecary Vaddon

Apothecary Vaddon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts
  • Faction: n/a, don't do TT

Not terribly worried about the graphical quality, it's clean and very easy to see and understand. Similar to their first IP. My interest levels are slightly higher than they were before.

Chaplain ChonkE

Chaplain ChonkE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts
  • Faction: Via Crucis, 27th B.T. Crusade

Looks like Dawn of War Lite in VR? As a Vive owner I am definitely going to be picking this one up and trying it out. There is a sore lack of VR content and some GW fare would be quite nice. That being said a strategy game is an interesting choice; I wonder if it will be touch control or one of those mouse/keyboard or gamepad hybrids like Elite or EVERSPACE. I love trying to play complicated keyboard games with a anime brain torture device on my skull =/ VR can look great but you need a fast rig, the supersampling up and to adjust the headset's fit properly. When I switched from the VIVE pad to a thinner one to bring the screen closer to my eyes... HOLY CRAP! Adjust the set 1 eye at a time till both are clear and then final adjust. Anyways, I digress!

Has anyone else heard anything bout this title? I am a mark for this one based off the setting alone. It would be pretty awesome to be at the feet of a Knight or watch the orbital rain and if they are following KNF&FW HH lore tightly? I am sold. Still, if you ever played the game GORN or seen it played... it is hard not to imagine oneself cleaving people in half and ripping arms apart and heads off with your fists as a Guardsman or Space Marine in His Glorious Service. Definitely following along on this one

Edited by Chaplain ChonkE, 31 December 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Am I the only one who didn't see Prospero Burns as some quantum leap paradigm shift in Space Wolf lore?

Because aside from them swigging ale instead of mjod and of course the fact that they growl like canines instead of soggy cheetahs I am not seeing how Sven, Ragnar, and of course Mighty Haegr would be at all out of place in the VI Legion of M31.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users