Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jbaeza's Hive Fleet Hydra Paint and Pile O' Shame Log

Tyranids Log Hydra Xenos Cell 42 for me

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

med_gallery_86595_13926_42146.jpg

Hey guys, so i dove feet first into 8th ed tyranids. I was always fond of them, I like the idea of a swarm and bugs. I thought a dark purple/blue would be cool and boom! What do you know?! Hive Fleet Hydra not only had the playstyle I wanted, but also a color scheme close to what I invisioned! I'm glad for this Tyranid Growth Challenge going on. It'll give me drive to keep painting. I'm gonna be asking for a lot of help from you guys, I haven't played a single 8th ed game, and I've only ever played DA (please don't tell the Chaplains, I don't want to return to Cell 42). I've also never played with or against a Tyranid army before, so I'm pretty lost as to what's good and what's not.

My Pile O' Shame:
Trygon/Mawlock
Swarmlord/Tyrant
Tervigon
Broodlord
24x Hormagaunts
24x Termigants
10x Gargoyles
8x Genestealers
3x Warriors
3x Venomthroaps/Zoanthroaps

I'll keep this list updated as a reminder of what I still owe you guys.

1st on the chopping block, 24x Termigants. I will be having 20x fleshboarers and 4x devourers. Reason is, I can bring back the fleshboarer termigants. I beleive I'll have a sound base to expand on in the future when I get my 3rd box (eventually) of termigants, which will be kitted with as many devourers as possible. Thoughts?

Don't forget to leave painting advice, tips, tricks, and critiques (when I get to that point).

Edited by jbaeza94, 07 December 2017 - 01:21 AM.

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

k0EYErV.pngCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,455 posts

Perhaps we could have a main Pile of Shame thread to keep track of people's progress?

Anyway, good luck with painting all of that and I look forward to seeing pictures! :tu:

• jbaeza94 likes this

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Imperial Fists, first and foremost. (With a side-helping of Hive Fleet Behemoth. Om nom nom.)

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
Haha that sounds like a good idea :) I'd gladly, no, shamefully, display my pile there.

Thank you for showing interest chaps, I hope to not disappoint

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

Hey guys,

I been thinking on how im going to be painting the blue. i kinda want a blue gray feel. i use vallejo, but i also added the gw equivalent.  i was thinking something like:

Base: Ultramarine Blue (Altdorf Guard Blue)
Wash: Nuln Oil or Drakenof Nightshade (im not sure what would look better.)
Highlight: Ultramarine Blue (Altdorf Guard Blue)??
Highlight 2: Wolf Gray (Fenrisian Grey)??

what do you guys think? would this work?

Hellrender

Hellrender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,494 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
The citadel paint app just had hydra added this week. Recommend taking a look (its free)
  • jbaeza94 likes this

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

oh ok! thanks! ill check it out today. i should be able to start painting sunday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tyranids, Log, Hydra, Xenos, Cell 42 for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users