Necromunda Painting Campaign: Turf War

Doghouse

@ Antarius

- Open up a picture of your gallery

- Press 'Options' on the right side of the picture.

- Press 'share links' on the bottom of the options

- Copy the link of 'Image link'.

- Paste the link in your comment by using the 'Image' icon.

You can't post the whole gallery in one go, you need to do this for each picture seperately.

Thank you so much! I'll get right on it :smile.:

Those are my 15 Eschers, this morning. I've since blocked in the flesh tone on them all.

Nice work on the barricades Antarius,

the marker really stands out ! mind sharing the technique?... :wub:

cheers, Mithril

And yes, certainly. I kinda made it up as I went along, so this is from memory:

First off, I gave it a black undercoat.

The outer band, skull and trimmings is just leadbelcher with a bit of black washon the skull and rivets. I drybrushed the skull with a lighter metal colour afterwards.

The yellow/orange parts got a coat of mechrite red (mephiston red will probably do as well), then I smeared on some averland sunset while the red was still wet-ish and mixed it up a bit. Then I put on flash gitz yellow (I think it was) and a liberal wash of casandora yellow.

I think it turned out pretty well, even if it was mostly a thing I did while the washes and stuff dried on the terrain (the marker probably ended up taking more time than it ought to have though). If there's a key to my succes, I think it was that I didn't bother with making the yellowy colours very neat - indeed, they look sorta messy up close - as that gives it a slightly more "expressive" look that works well at a distance.

Hope that helps :)

I've all but finished 2x Executioners, unfortunately I've had to repaint the helmet visors several times on account of my failing eyes. Couldn't get the Necromunda bases, so I picked up the 32mm moulded ones and followed WHTV's guide for painting the Necromunda ones, they turned out pretty good. Once I've tidied the visors one last time, I'll get some pics up.

Cheers,

Jono

Oh man really need my Gang to come out like now....

Krash

Well there is plenty of time to join in. :) I'm working on counts as Orloks for my first gang which I'll post pictures up soon. Counts as gangs offer some really great conversion ideas, I was tempted to get a box of Guard and make deserters from the 8th Necromundian Regiment but will definitely be all over the cultists once they come out in WD.

I've all but finished 2x Executioners, unfortunately I've had to repaint the helmet visors several times on account of my failing eyes. Couldn't get the Necromunda bases, so I picked up the 32mm moulded ones and followed WHTV's guide for painting the Necromunda ones, they turned out pretty good. Once I've tidied the visors one last time, I'll get some pics up.

Cheers,

Jono

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing them. :tu:

I was tempted to get a box of Guard and make deserters from the 8th Necromundian Regiment but will definitely be all over the cultists once they come out in WD.

I was going to convert these guys up for Inquisimunda a few years ago, I think its time to finish them off. :)

628735.jpg

@slave to darkness that would be an awesome conversion. I winder if the orlocks will be a good guard regiment substitute?

I painted my first five Escher and goliath today now on to convert others - the sprues seem fairly limited in what can be achieved but there are some cracking illustrations of gangers in the rule book and I'm going to try to model some of them.

@ Grotsmasha: Seems like that guy can give out some serious paddlin', some might get jealous.

gallery_92826_13962_41104.png

Finished 2 more guys, I have a gang of 5 now. I still need to prime the next 5 and I have to wait for my bases to actually call these guys complete and start claming territory.

gallery_92826_13822_93140.jpg

gallery_92826_13822_137779.jpg

gallery_92826_13822_74567.jpg

Group shot

gallery_92826_13822_230369.jpg

gallery_36400_14037_1172688.jpg

Upped the roster size to 7 by tweaking things. I can always give them extra gear once my son and I start our 1000 credit campaign :) Behold the starting roster of the Scandian Seirenes!

leader w/ power sword, plasma pistol, laspistol
champion w/ power sword, shotgun, laspistol
champion w/ shock whip, stiletto knife, laspistol
ganger w/ chem-thrower, laspistol, chem-synth
ganger w/ lasgun, stiletto knife
ganger w/ laspistol, stiletto knife
Unless that just ends up sucking in our practice games. I went with the theory that extra body was probably better than two gals with grenades, but we'll see how it goes. I have zero terrain so it'll be zone mortalis for the beginning so I'll be on the backfoot, but it'll be a riot :)

Weather has been crap at mine so I haven't got round to spraying my Eschers (phrasing?) but I'll get some pictures up tonight!

(Also bought mesen something really awesome but it will take a few weeks to arrive but I'll add it to the Turf War when it arrives! :D)

@Doghouse: Would it be acceptable to paint up some spawn, cultists, poxwalkers etc to play the muties faction? Not sure i'll get into Necromunda much, but love good motivation to paint low point models for 40k lol.

That's perfectly fine mate. Cultists should be coming soon in White Dwarf which will be using the existing models and you can create your own single characters you want to make.

It's basically keep it sensible, a lone spawn model could be one of the monsters lurking in the depths of the sump but obviously it'd be harder to explain away a Tau battlesuit which doesn't really have any rules or place in Necromunda.

Obviously the emphasis here is to use this to make a new gang like the others are here in this thread.

Weather has been crap at mine so I haven't got round to spraying my Eschers (phrasing?) but I'll get some pictures up tonight!

(Also bought mesen something really awesome but it will take a few weeks to arrive but I'll add it to the Turf War when it arrives! :biggrin.:)

Nice one, look forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve mate.

Upped the roster size to 7 by tweaking things.  I can always give them extra gear once my son and I start our 1000 credit campaign :smile.:  Behold the starting roster of the Scandian Seirenes!

leader w/ power sword, plasma pistol, laspistol
champion w/ power sword, shotgun, laspistol
champion w/ shock whip, stiletto knife, laspistol
ganger w/ chem-thrower, laspistol, chem-synth
ganger w/ lasgun, stiletto knife

Unless that just ends up sucking in our practice games.  I went with the theory that extra body was probably better than two gals with grenades, but we'll see how it goes.  I have zero terrain so it'll be zone mortalis for the beginning so I'll be on the backfoot, but it'll be a riot :smile.:

That's the route I am going with, the more bodies on the field the better. This is especially important in the early games, it might seem like a great idea to make an all star Expendables style gang armed to the teeth but more bodies increases your chances of developing useful skills.

@ Grotsmasha: Seems like that guy can give out some serious paddlin', some might get jealous.

Finished 2 more guys, I have a gang of 5 now. I still need to prime the next 5 and I have to wait for my bases to actually call these guys complete and start claming territory.

Great stuff mate, looks like the Goliaths are going to be tearing things up soon.

This just a test....

*IF* that worked, I've found a tedious way to post pics from my phone, and you'll see the first of The Executioners pre-basing....

This just a test....

*IF* that worked, I've found a tedious way to post pics from my phone, and you'll see the first of The Executioners pre-basing....

As much as people rag on that movie, it's still one of my childhood favourites...

Archived