Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Painting Campaign: Turf War

Necromunda game

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Hiryn

Hiryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

1 point for Devoted in Sump Town please.

The story of Goren Trant is a sad, but common one. Originally a juve in the Spider Clan, Goren was recruited into the Necromunda 8th and sent to fight the Emperor's wars across the galaxy. Through a combination of luck and skill, Goren survived engagement after engagement, eventually reaching the rank of sargeant. By all account he excelled within the role, although his continued survival whilst the young men he trained died around him began to wear heavily on his soul. Goren gave his hand and his eye to the guard andin  return he recieved an honourable discharge and a place on a freighter heading back to Necromunda. His homecoming was not what he expected, everybody that he had once known was either dead or had moved on with their lives. Furthermore, he found that the veteran hab complex had been burnt to the ground several years before during a gang war. Homeless, alone and abandoned by the empire he had served, Goren sunk lower into the Underhive. 

It was there that he was found by the Church of The Emperor's Healing Hand, a sect of the Ecclesiarchy which operated charitable medical centres throughout the Underhive. He quickly assimilated into sect's ranks, adopting the position of sect enforcer. Goren now serves at the sect's leisure, acting as a bodyguard to The Deacon, providing security for the sect's facilities, or putting an end to the darker rumours which have begun to spread about the sect's practices. When not fulfilling his duties to the sect, Goren also acts as a mercenary, selling his decades of experience to the highest bidder. 

With the ongoing conflict tearing Sump Town apart, Goren Trant's arrival suggests that the district will be recieving some much need charitable aid. The rumours currently support this, with several information brokers stating that Goren is seeking to buy several buildings in the Church of The Emperor's Healing Hand's name.

42564209002_dd5f933cc7_m.jpg

41896815574_e55df99205_m.jpg

40807048640_5ee40b7b11_m.jpg

Edited by Hiryn, 10 June 2018 - 08:45 PM.

• Doghouse and Chaplain Dosjetka like this

Ahistorian

Ahistorian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: War Wolves

6 Devoted in Mutie Creek please. The inquisition doesn't care about peace, just about catching its prey...

Surprisingly close on the heels of Inquisatrix Lania Brule comes Inquisitor Daniel Talion of the Ordo Xenos, armed with heavy calibre pistol, Aeldari spear and kroot skinning knife. Accompanying him are the survivors of his mission into the space hulk - Sergeant Borj Castellan, Troopers Malik and Thorn, and Rogue Trader Sikander Marceau. The estimable trader now thoroughly regrets having given the inquisitor passage - all talk of treasure and fortune have evaporated among the deaths of most of his crew... And finally of course, Brother Galhuk of the Deathwatch, one of only 3 Astartes in my wider Inq28 collection and the first to get a coat of paint.

uXCjdxh.jpg

rsW7hOy.jpg

rlFE4iy.jpg

M7perAw.jpg

• Doghouse likes this

Ahistorian

Ahistorian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts

2 points to Guild in Rad Ash Falls please!

Next up, treasure hunter Aranaea Jones and her sidekick Hobbler. Rumoured to be half-Eldar, she is definitively one of the best people to hire if you want to get yourself some archaeotech from the deeps beneath your Hive.

Although I trimmed her ears, the blue-and-yellow colours hopefully evoke the old-school Alaitoc appearance of RT Eldar. Hobbler is just my 40k take on the halfling thief archetype.

IdLjl16.jpg?1

1ZZ8Wyp.jpg?1

• Castigator and Doghouse like this

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts

This I like.  Now the question is syndicate or devoted.   Hmmm......   Devoted's kind of cool.  Makes for some interesting conversations. 

Devoted Assassin's? 

Or for the syndicate techno monster classics.   Creature from the black lagoon.  Wolfman,.   Vampire.   The mummy.    Zombies.  And The invisible man.

I think I'm going for monster classics.   

• Doghouse likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,782 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Fantastic stuff everyone. Great amount of thought and imagination going into all of these, extremely inspirational stuff from everyone. :tu:

I'll be updating the map asap and we will also be starting the election campaign for Mayor of Sump Town, but more to come on that soon.

• spafe and Grotsmasha like this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

allfatherstudios

allfatherstudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 86 posts
My idea so far. Still sourcing the minis. The “Classics”

Wolfman - Dog-Warriors
Infinity Model - Ariadna - bionic limbs/ crude armor plates / stitches in flesh/ cybernetic eye/ weapons.

Creature from the Black Lagoon. Possibly a full sculpt using an armored torso.

Vampire- undecided. I'm thinking of some kind of ironman meets batman/ mech armor here with a curved blade. So probably a future samurai of some kind. I’ll probably do a resculpt of the head.

Frankenstein.. probably going to paint together a torso of some larger ganger stitched together and a jar with a brain for a head. Which will probably be the hardest part..

Mummy -Some cool renegade skitari with bandages and rust coated mechanical harness.

The Invisible Man - Some sort of disappearing stealth expert.
  • Doghouse likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive works.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Ahistorian

Ahistorian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts

More painted figures, this time the fantastic Forge World dog Macula to support my Arbites, and a lone adventurer in the Underhive, who attacks gangs of bullying criminals to help the little people. His relationship with the forces of law and order is just as fraught...

OSsQU2d.jpg?1

uKHmdQ8.jpg?1

1 militia and 1 devoted in Sump Town please!

Graymane

Graymane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika
Slight nod to green arrow there? :)

''The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing' - Herger the Joyous

''Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold'' - Buliwyf

sml_gallery_79710_12195_14764.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_2101.jpg

Formerly known as Argentius.

Ahistorian

Ahistorian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts

Slight nod to green arrow there? :)

Well I was aiming for Flynn's Robin Hood, so in a way, yeah :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users