Normal marine arms on Primaris ?

Well I finally decided to start a small loyalist force trying for a Primaris Black Templar force. Generally I'm a bit disappointed in the plain looking (and very limited) close combat weapons on some of the characters so was hoping to convert my own. Has anyone found success to convert weapons on Primaris marines and is there quite a noticeable difference with a normal marine's arm on a Primaris marine???!

They're two different lines of models, on two different scales, unless you're going to elongate the arms, hands and fingers, it wont look right as not only are they materially on different scales, they are too in the fluff

it would be like attaching Catachan arms on DKoK

To be completely honest, there is a size difference, and it's noticeable when the model is in your hand. But once you put the model on the table in a squad, you don't see it.

*IF* you have access to the mkIII or mkIV plastic arms, they are marginally bulkier than the regular arms. Alternatively the easiest way to extend the regular arms is plasticard spacers on the arm part of the shoulder, under the pad, and at the wrist cuff.

Cheers,

Jono

I build three units of DI primaris. One as a tactical squad, one as an assault squad, and one as devastators, just to look pretty. Basically, true-scaled marines. Heads, shoulder pads, and almost all arms look totally normal. The only things I found that were a teeny bit fiddly were arm sets designed to be fully connected, i.e. a plastic MkIV Missile Launcher and Heavy Bolters. They did still work, but they were a bit more fiddly than on MkIV bodies. Everything else I tried (assault marine arms) looked just fine.

Hope that helps.

It could be pulled off if you fiddle around with the shoulder placing on the torso.

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag316/Rick_Quigley/dYQmmZV_d_zpsq3raxrg8.jpg

Personally, I swap the hands of Primaris arms with Marine hands. Here's what I did with Wolf Lord Krom's hand holding axe plus the outstretched arm from the Intercessor combat squad box, to wolf up my Primaris Ancient. 

Take a look at this video for some great inspiration on converting Primaris Black Templar (and Imperial Fists)

Edited by Neowulf

My limited experience is the same as Kinstryfe's.

I put Sanguinary guard arms on a Primaris and they look fine, but they're hard to mate up because the torso is broader.  It took a very simple pin into the wrist and a minor GS fill to link them, and then a pin into the shoulder to ensure a strong bond.  

Picture:

BA Primaris 1

BA Primaris 3

The pauldrons look like the stand too proud of the arms because they're just stuffed with bluetack, so ignore that.

Edited by Ovidius Incertus