Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Normal marine arms on Primaris ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,681 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
Well I finally decided to start a small loyalist force trying for a Primaris Black Templar force. Generally I'm a bit disappointed in the plain looking (and very limited) close combat weapons on some of the characters so was hoping to convert my own. Has anyone found success to convert weapons on Primaris marines and is there quite a noticeable difference with a normal marine's arm on a Primaris marine???!
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIV Legion

They're two different lines of models, on two different scales, unless you're going to elongate the arms, hands and fingers, it wont look right as not only are they materially on different scales, they are too in the fluff

it would be like attaching Catachan arms on DKoK

Centurion Jay

Centurion Jay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIIIth Legion - Ultramarines

I'm not so sure, I've honestly heard and seen the opposite of what D3L is saying.

There is a slight size difference, but its not that big and hard to tell really once painted up.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,536 posts
To be completely honest, there is a size difference, and it's noticeable when the model is in your hand. But once you put the model on the table in a squad, you don't see it.
*IF* you have access to the mkIII or mkIV plastic arms, they are marginally bulkier than the regular arms. Alternatively the easiest way to extend the regular arms is plasticard spacers on the arm part of the shoulder, under the pad, and at the wrist cuff.

Cheers,
Jono

gallery_48988_6285_23120.pnggallery_30308_9518_15054.png EcJeVZz.png  sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif gallery_48988_11572_1295.pnggallery_30308_9518_3457.png fBvPQb7.png gallery_48988_10069_19459.jpg wj0WOvZ.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts
  • Chapter Name: All things Heresy
I build three units of DI primaris. One as a tactical squad, one as an assault squad, and one as devastators, just to look pretty. Basically, true-scaled marines. Heads, shoulder pads, and almost all arms look totally normal. The only things I found that were a teeny bit fiddly were arm sets designed to be fully connected, i.e. a plastic MkIV Missile Launcher and Heavy Bolters. They did still work, but they were a bit more fiddly than on MkIV bodies. Everything else I tried (assault marine arms) looked just fine.

Hope that helps.
  • Ovidius Incertus likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts

Primaris arms are noticably longer and a bit thicker, with thicker hands. 

Neowulf

Neowulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

It could be pulled off if you fiddle around with the shoulder placing on the torso.

dYQmmZV_d_zpsq3raxrg8.jpg

Personally, I swap the hands of Primaris arms with Marine hands. Here's what I did with Wolf Lord Krom's hand holding axe plus the outstretched arm from the Intercessor combat squad box, to wolf up my Primaris Ancient. 

Spoiler

Take a look at this video for some great inspiration on converting Primaris Black Templar (and Imperial Fists)

Edited by Neowulf, 07 December 2017 - 02:57 PM.

• Plaguecaster likes this

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

My limited experience is the same as Kinstryfe's.

I put Sanguinary guard arms on a Primaris and they look fine, but they're hard to mate up because the torso is broader.  It took a very simple pin into the wrist and a minor GS fill to link them, and then a pin into the shoulder to ensure a strong bond.  

Picture:

BA Primaris 1

BA Primaris 3

The pauldrons look like the stand too proud of the arms because they're just stuffed with bluetack, so ignore that.

Edited by Ovidius Incertus, 08 December 2017 - 06:45 PM.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
I dunno. I can see the difference easily and it stands out to my eyes.

Then again, I'm pretty attentive to detail so it could just be me.

eclipse.png

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIV Legion

Yeah, they REALLY don't fit

I stand by the catachan/DKOK comparison 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users