i will call it crusade

Medjugorje

INSTEAD :

To the Black templars players :

if you have to leave us some key points to adjust, correct in this letter / petition what do you advise us ? - Yep we're looking for some feedback -

So please, shortly list here some key points,  like for example :

- A better english / language of the petition

- Some  example of what do you expect for your black guys

- other

Edited by varg_vikernes

O think that we all after that we want some boost to come info combat. Re-roll to charge is Nice, but as someone wrote earlier Every chapter tactic have two parts.

As synodian said. Everyone want something And everyone want something different. How can we post to GW as a community as we can't agree all together on some bawić point?

Are you agree that we want be faster in combat? It is our major problem?

So Maby +2 to charge roll, crusader badges -> 1ppm?

Or re-roll one or Both dices, not just Both?

Or after we suffer a casulty during shooting phase we can charge after advance on the next turn?

Or we can have army wide heroic intervention?

Something that already exist in the rules And can be easy implemented.

Maby someone can make a list of ideas, we can vote, And then one idea with most votes would be implemented info letter to GW?

O think that we all after that we want some boost to come info combat. Re-roll to charge is Nice, but as someone wrote earlier Every chapter tactic have two parts.

As synodian said. Everyone want something And everyone want something different.our first think, is that "somethin is better than nothing " so a request for some "love" could be enough How can we post to GW as a community as we can't agree all together on some bawić point? probably be all together agree it's not properly possible...

Are you agree that we want be faster in combat? It is our major problem?

So Maby +2 to charge roll, crusader badges -> 1ppm?

Or re-roll one or Both dices, not just Both?

Or after we suffer a casulty during shooting phase we can charge after advance on the next turn?

Or we can have army wide heroic intervention?

Something that already exist in the rules And can be easy implemented.

Maby someone can make a list of ideas, we can vote, And then one idea with most votes would be implemented info letter to GW? we're open to every idea, we're trying to recruit as many players as possible

As long as the message stays to: "Hey GW, Templar players are a huge part of the community, and we feel that we are underappreciated/misrepresented in current rules. Can Templars get some love? 8th edition is awesome by the way keep up the great work." or something along those lines I can get behind the initiative. 

I haven't signed the petition because it has much more than this in it. 

As long as the message stays to: "Hey GW, Templar players are a huge part of the community, and we feel that we are underappreciated/misrepresented in current rules. Can Templars get some love? 8th edition is awesome by the way keep up the great work." or something along those lines I can get behind the initiative. 

Agreed. I'd be happy with Templar adjustments to the Primaris line; or a few characteristics through Stratagems (ie, vows), whatever happens, but it needs to be simple yet positive.

So let me understand, you're telling me that is necessary more positivity?

But one of the main points, still remain that players aren't so happy about actual Templars rules ahahahha

Edited by varg_vikernes

We can't be agreed in details, but i think that we can agree in general point of view.

Yes +1

If the bonus for close combat is one attack in the first fight phase we are charged or self have charged

OR

gain always +1 to hit

isnt the reason. Its just that we need some more things that makes Templars to what we love them in terms of gameplay.

I think that he have in mind that we don't just complain, but have some ideas how to fix the problem. Some kind of positive initiative:)

We have to tell them that there a lot of us. Thats all.

If GW see how many BT-players we are - they will find a way to make money with us.

And they just make money if the product is good enough to buy it.

Agreed. We don’t want to sound needy when we’re a part of one of the most supported factions in the game. Let’s keep it simple and optimistic to show GW that we’d like a little more flavor for our faction and trust then to do it well.

I said elsewhere (do we have two threads for the same petition?) that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  Something as simple as 'Hello GW, this is a collection of players who would like some more specialized attention payed to the Templars' would hypothetically go a lot further than a list of demands.

The word 'hypothetical' is key there.  While GW is doing well at listening to feedback for the first time in quite a while, they are still a business.  Let's go with the theory that it takes almost no time or money to put out a 1-2 page pdf with rule additions.  Will they end up doing that for every army that gets together a few hundred signatures?  That trend will inevitably become not only a financial drain but a source of imbalance, as GW is suddenly stuck changing every little thing to make everyone feel happier about their chosen armies.  They'd be making adjustments on a daily basis if they set a precedent there.

The problem we have is that, as a business, GW listens to money, not petitions.  What makes this unfortunate for us is that we really don't have any way to express interest for Templars with our money, as nearly everything we buy for Templars is a purchase of a Space Marine unit, not a Templar specific one.  There would have to be a massive upsurge in sales for our upgrade kits, Sword Brethren (neither of which you will see on store shelves, limiting their sales to those who already know about them) and HQs for someone to even notice, much less consider paying us special attention.  It's the reason we wound up in C:SM to begin with.

But while I don't think these sorts of things can help us, I do feel they can hurt us.  If written as a list of demands, rudely, or with an overt sense of entitlement, or even an evident notion that 'We have an online petition so you have to listen to us now!' these sorts of things bring us the wrong kind of attention.  And not only from GW, but from other players with other armies that see Templars acting poorly.  Up until recently, saying we were lacking in anything was laughable to Chaos players, and it's still petulant when you look at Sister collectors.

In short, if you really want to go ahead with this, just try not to make us look bad.  Any of you whom know me know full well that I'm dissatisfied with a great deal, so I'm not just saying this because I don't think we deserve better.  But the tone of some folks in these threads and the extent of changes requested just for us are exactly the sort that work against us rather than for us.

Edited by Firepower

I have one thing to add to sage words of Brother Firepower...

What GW notices the most: Tabletop Time & Tournament Wins

And before anyone can even respond, "but Templars aren't competitive!", I say to you:

"Not with that attitude". Divorce yourself from a fluffy list and you can get competitive real fast.

Even then, just getting out in public with your armies. We are our own PR machine, and a written letter to the head office of corporate HQ just doesn't have the same effect. Unless you're this guy:

http://www.tedlnancy.com/lettersfromanut.php

Format a cleverly crafted letter to GW that will make them laugh, pass it around the office a few times, make it memorable, not just the boilerplate list of demands.

Just write  + ZEAL+ on the letter. 

Maybe you could tell a compilation of the greatests deeds achieved by Black Templars, just like our thread about what the Emperor's Champion had slain. 

Or the worst defeats (but funny) we knew in battles, to show how bad our rules are. 

Also writing a comic (easier and faster to read than a novel) about BT

Edited by The Spanish Inquisitor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to re-post this letter, if you guys wanted GW to pay attention or let them know your thoughts I think this letter encapsulates it really well, its a good way to simply reach out and let them know that we may want a harder look into our gameplay. Send it and they may pay more attention to what seems to be a concerted effort, just a suggestion.

As members of the 40k community I first want to thank you for your amazing efforts at community outreach with 8th edition. Your openness in the transition and willingness to accept feedback has made us all feel like valued customers and participants in the new system. As Black Templar players we especially want to thank you for giving us a zealous role in the Gathering Storm and some very exciting rules. The Emperor’s Champion feels as intimidating as he should and is a terror to enemy HQs, while our crusader squads remain versatile and ready to respond to any challenge. The cenobyte servitors give us a safe avenue to play large crusader squads, and Helbrecht is a powerful characterfor both his buffs and combat prowess. The crusader’s helm lets us risk deep strike assaults without losing buffs and is all around an amazing relic. 

However, we feel there are a couple areas that need attention in our army list and would like to present them for consideration. First and foremost every Black Templar is in agreement that neophytes are currently overpriced. At the moment they cost the same as scouts but lack the ability to forward deploy. That power is a key strength of scout squads and without it there’s no apparent reason neophytes should be priced the same. A simple decrease of one or two points should suffice. Second are our beloved Land Raider Crusaders. While it packs far more firepower and durability than the last edition it is easily locked in combat as is. Furthermore, with the price adjustments in chapter approved it has gotten more expensive. Raising the price of assault cannons may be justified but now a Crusader is to expensive to warrant taking and is more of a liability. A price deduction on the Land Raider chassis would help immensely and, finally, while our chapter tactic allows us to get there reliably Templar units lack the necessary power behind their punch. What we as a community would like to see is a tool or rule to help our units utterly destroy the enemy, the Black Templar way, in close combat. We fully trust that you, GW, will able to come up with a sensible solution that is appropriate to the iconic style of our faction.

dunno, i guess ui want not only rules but a new upgrade pack, and some new units with models for us. Sword Bretheren - an analog of sanguary guard or something, some unit which can do some damage in CC. New plastic champion. Primaris upgrade sprus as DA BA and Ultramarines have. A CODEX ofc. Wows. Well yeah i agree about Ba CODEX. D:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...