i will call it crusade

Medjugorje

i wrote on the email this time:

Hallo GW-Team, I wrote this in a forum where we discussed what Black Templars are get in the future/psychic awakening. 

After so much rumors and releses from another chapter supplements we (Black Templar subforum Players) are very curious this time.

Being honest, the last years have been very very disappointed. Not just the fact we got rolled into a codex were we are just a minor subfraction far behind the Ultramarines - it got even worst after the change into the focus into first founding chapters. And in terms of models were no release in the whole 8th edition for black Templar players so far. Thats why the fanbase was shrinking or started to play other factions let the hobby go ( really - I know a few players who stopped playing 40k just because your treatment ).

Why i want to show this post has to do with  costumer-relationship management. 

We (Black Templar players) are NOT Space Marine players. There are so much own identity in this case because of our history of a own book and your treatment in 3rd to 5th edition, and although there are a few players who started with Codex 6th edition or later books - they always realised that our community is a bit different to other space marine players so far and they took this from us.

And costumers always have

a expectation and the result of your product (Black Templar rules and models) can be overthrown and makes us such happy or can be underwhelmed after some expectations (for example the whole supplements for all First founding chapters were sooo great and then we expect at least the same treatment) although the rules could be well done by this point. Here is something you have to do great this time because after those years we got a very negative attitude - not always but for some reasons.

THATS THE POST I WROTE DOWN FOR WHAT I EXPECT-HOPE-FEAR AND WHAT I WANT TO HAVE AT LEAST TO BE HAPPY WITH:

(very important is to compare the first 3 and what i expect to see what you done wrong so far and what I really hope it will changed because you said at the start of 8th edtion that you are NEW GW - and i stoped to play in 7th edtion and just started again because i hoped that there will be another treatment and this doesent happened until this day and I was very forbearing because you had so much to do with another things but after 2 years 8th edition and NEW GW I want results for my hobby, my life and my money i could spend into things what makes me really happy without waiting and hope for a better treatment )

What i hope so far:

- in a whole: very choppy and being competitive

- at least 6 relics and 6 special wargear

- at least 6 WL Traits

-  2 special rules in the assault phase or one in the tactical and one in the assault phase

- a Primaris Charakter and Unit (Primaris Grimaldus and Primaris Crusader Squad)

- 16 stratagems ( one of them to be "one unit is in the assault phase" and "this unit get a free lithany")

- special focus on lithanies for all purposes (stratagems, WL-Traits, Wargear and extrarules)

- Grimaldus get more old rules back...as hero of helsreach he should get a rule who let him return like gulliman on a 4+

- a upgrade sprue with tabbards

- a complete story and answers to our lorequestions (5000+ initates or just a thousand; ...)

- an epic involvement / secret in something for the endtimes like a vision from Keeler to Sigismund revealed in the closed Librarium of the Eternal Crusader - a dark secret like that...

What i fear:

- just our old relics + vigilus relics back

- just the old and vigilus WL Trait

- no upgrade kit and no Primaris character or maybe their death

- no changes to our charakters 

- no fluff mention

- just a white dwarf treatment with 2-6 stratagems

- just this one rumored special rule in the assault doctrine (what is loveless and very weak if its brought without any other special things)

- staying as weakest chapter in terms of power/gameplay

what I want at least to be happy

-  at least 6 relics and 6 special wargear

- 6 WL Traits

- the special rule in the assault doctrine + Stratagem for one unit to be in this doctrine OR 2 special rules in the assault doctrine

-  at least one standard primaris upgrade kit or charakter (just to see that GeDub have love for us in the future)

-  at least the change from reroll failed hits into reroll hits for our charakters

- at least 12 stratagems

- a bit new lore

- on a line with gaming power with the other chapters ( must not being as strong as the iron hands)

what I expect:

- 6 WL Traits

- 6 Relics and 3-4 special wargear / 8+ relics

- the special rule in the assault doctrine

- no kit and no new model / Primaris charakter

- just unimportant new lore (just for the story in pschic awakening)

- being one of the weaker space Marine chapters on the table

- 6-12 stratagems

- just minor changes for our charakters (Grim can speak 2 Lithanies, two must takes and the cenobits are just a reroll for a lithnie) 

and all charakters get reroll hits instead of reroll failed hits

ALL in ALL - not the worst case but even disappointed - especially to see we will be unimportant for GW in the future and the focus is just into the First Founding chapter crap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is the best strategy for Black Templar players to effect change with GW. I happen to know, that one of your Marshals here on B&C is an investment banker with a major bank. You all get ahold of him, work out a strategy where y'all invest in a fund that he establishes, which will be diversified, but of course will scoop up any GW stock available. Then, when that fund holds enough of a percentage, he can represent y'all at shareholder meetings, sitting there in a sharp cut black suit with a tasteful Maltese cross lapel pin and cuff links. It is always about money, and money talks. Also, you know you all will be really :cuss-ed off if he reports back from that first shareholders meeting that Tau players and Eldar players have been doing the same thing for years now...

• 3 weeks later...

I think that one of the Frater quoted someone from GW saying that we no longer have access to IF rules from their supplement. If this information is not correct and we still can, then I think this will be changed in the next FAQ/errata/whatever so it's basically a waste of time coming up with combinations of IF and BT rules.

why? we dont have special issue wargear as only chapter. I think the FAQ will deny us the special bonus in the Devastor Doctrine. This is sure. I expect more restictations - very likely everything but I think it would not be fair, we just have 8 Stratagems - all other chapters have 16 !

Edited by Medjugorje

+1 to wound was amazing but it also gave no benefit to half the codex while the new BT trait at least gives a handy 5+ to everything that doesn't ever want to charge, which the +1 to advance does a little.

Anybody read the BA chapter tactic? Its absolut rediculous - BA are BT in so much better.

That's the problem with making every non-core marine faction 'the normal guys but stabbier'. Space Wolves, Black Templars and Blood Angels can't all be different and equally good at close combat.