Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marines Malevolent Primaris

marines malevolent primaris marines malevolent

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Garrot

Garrot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Marines Malevolent and Primaris is a bit of a strange combo, mixing old & ramshackle with new and shiny is a bit contradictory. The whole concept of them having primaris takes away a bit from their whole chapter flavor in my opinion. None the less, I'm sure there are many lore excuses that could be made for it to fit into their story. I tried portraying the worn-down feel when making them, switching out armour parts with older marks, and a plentiful dose of weathering. I also tried out Chipping Medium for the first time, which I feel works better on larger miniatures. Will probably abstain from using it on future marines in this force. Either way I'm having a fun time doing miniatures leaning towards a more tabletop quality.

Intercessor Squad 1:
ZlgBmsc.png

Intercessor Squad 2:
cT33BgD.png

Hellblaster Squad:
QMpBBIC.png

Contemptor Dreadnought Garibald the Honourable - Veteran of Armageddon, Crusher of Foes, Scourge of the Weak:gfzlgzZ.png

NRyrBrM.png

More stuff coming up eventually.

Edited by Garrot, 07 December 2017 - 10:53 PM.

• Kurgan the Lurker, Honda, Tyrannicide and 7 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,730 posts
  • Chapter Name: Catachan Wolves
That Contemptor looks AWESOME. The bloodstained power fist, and the skulls adorning his pauldron, convince me (and those who see him on the battlefield) he EARNED all the titles you gave him.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
  • Chapter Name: Luna Wolves, Thousand Sons

Those are some very well painted sociopaths!

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,963 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Very nicely done!

I particularly like the running intercessor

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Frostbit3

Frostbit3

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
Your individual style is noticed and appreciated. Keep up the hard work.

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
  • Chapter Name: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Brutal......absolutely brutal looking!...... I LIKE itthumbsup.gif 

Garrot

Garrot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Finished my makeshift primaris command squad. Marines Malevolent Primaris Captain and his Lieutenants. Some sort of elite melee unit, hacking their way through enemy lines without remorse. I imagine their leaders being the epitome of their darwinistic views, a hierarchy based on brute force and survival of the fittest.

Sarach, Kyzar and Rhoke respectively:

X6vKzhx.png

2lebP9z.png

'Captain Kyzar of the Marines Malevolent. Plucked from the death row of a Penal World, he clawed his way up the ranks of his chapter with brute force and cold efficiency. He now holds a most prestigious title in the Marines Malevolent, leading the Vilifiers company into slaughterous combat.'

VRSbeW4.png

'Lieutenant Rhoke of the Marines Malevolent. Hailing from a particulary notorious underhive gang, he excels in extortion and bending his subordinates to his will.'

qgwOsdQ.png

'Lieutenant Sarach of the Marines Malevolent. A prime example of the callous and nonempathic nature of the Malevolent. He is feared by even his own kin, something thoroughly earned.'

• Kurgan the Lurker, Tyrannicide, Chaplain Dosjetka and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,730 posts
  • Chapter Name: Catachan Wolves
I notice Captain Kyzar bears a Deathwatch member's silver pauldron.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Garrot

Garrot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

I notice Captain Kyzar bears a Deathwatch member's silver pauldron.

He's Ex-Deathwatch. Or at least so he claims...

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts

Nice use of Gal Vorbak bits for your captain, he looks brutal!

gallery_84811_11476_9558.jpg

Check out my truescale marines!

http://www.bolterand...on-hands-blog/ 

Spiky Norman

Spiky Norman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

They look really nice! I latest ones even better than the first ones I think.

What have you used to dirty them up? Is that pigments or paints or how did you do it?

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts
  • Chapter Name: Twilight Wardens

Cool !

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to LordVelype

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marines, malevolent, primaris, marines malevolent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users