Death Guard Leviathan project log

TURBULENCE

Since this will be my biggest undertaking in awhile, I thought I should share the step by step of this project with the community. The feedback will be invaluable, and some of you might enjoy the project.

I've started with the torso, center component more or less complete for now, and I've started on the outer sections. Minor start there, just some skills in key places. Saw someone else add then in the same place and it just worked so well. Left them untidy as i feel that fits with the death guard much better

Here's where we're starting

P_20171208_002325_1.jpg

I think your auto correct screwed you over with 'skills' as opposed to 'skulls' --- I momentarily confused!!....

Anyway, I've got a Levi I'm thinking of 'wrecking' for my DG, as I'll get Culln dread for the EC! So I'll watch this with interest. I'm liking the damage thus far and it's a great choice of head. I'd never have considered that one!

How mutated are you thinking of taking it?! I've always been de-nurgling existing DG stuff, so I'm going to have to figure out how to effectively nurgle something up!!

Yeah the auto correct on this phone is terrible. Always getting me. Going to be putting some more work into the beast tonight. Looking to go less mutated and more run down and modified to display the legion's corrupted heraldry. Will be adding some mutations though

Thank you, thank you, appreciate all the kind comments everyone.

To expand on places where people have made comments; the spine was an unplanned edition. That top area was lacking visual interest, and it just kind of hit me what to do with it. I actually ended up snapping the helbrute spine when test fitting it, which worked it in my favor as I was able to lay it in piece by piece. Creates a disjointed broken look that I think is quite fitting with Nurgle. Though it does mean I'll have to sculpt some tearing flesh to cover done of the odd gaps.

As for the head, also not as originally planned. At first I was going to modify the stock head into something similar, but I saw the head, did a test fit, and just knew it did everything I planned to convert better than I could have done. Just needed the addition of a horn and cables to be right where I wanted it to be. Next step is weathering on the waist and groin area, plus the sculpted details on that whole chunk of the body, then I'll be moving onto the big side-torso slabs. Adding trim to the armour plates and a few other details I hope scream out chaos death guard. You'll see what I mean,I have an idea that will tie it to design elements seen on the bloat drones and PBC

• 1 month later...

I suggest making the body he stands on shorter. His balance is such that he's leaning pretty far back.

that's only cause he's not glued in, on temporary magnet mount currently. It's also not as bad as the picture makes it look, I picked a bad angle for the shot. It was worse before and I did cut down the contemptor torso quite a bit from where it was at the start. But you're right, it does need some tweaking. Although I think I'll make the change at his leg, rather than on the base.

Edited by TURBULENCE