Help with Battlescribe

Vulkan81

Greetings brothers,

So I am a newbie to playing 40k, I've got a question about battlescribe and was wondering if anyone would be able to help a brother out.  Is there a way to assign relics or wargear on it that I am missing?  Any help is appreciated

BA Codex is released tomorrow, I don't imagine it will be updated for a few days. Update your data frequently at this point and hope someone has free time that they can add the options.

The options aren't there yet. The Battlescribe files are updated by people from the community (tho not everyone can just do it) so it always takes some time, has different formats between factions and can have mistakes (which usually get fixed eventually tho).

Edited by sfPanzer

Lol why so impatient. It's been only two days since the Codex got released. It's not even uploaded to the usual places for people who refuse to pay money for it yet.

People do have a real life and stuff to do. Especially this shortly before christmas. ;)

So I've created 2 excell files. The first is basically a reference table with everything's points. The second is to copy and paste things from the reference table, then adds it up and gives your total. Sadly not very effective on mobile devices but works just fine on desktops. (And yes both are fairly organized, except the reference table's ranged weapons are kinda all over the place due to my lazyness).

What I like about it (and most will disagree) is I have to actually open my book and see what exactly each squad can take. It's nice because now I have no doubts about whether my lists have an error or not, due to battle scribe sometimes having bugs.

I'd be willing to share the Google drive links to both files to help list building until battle scribe updates us. However I'd like the green light from a moderator before hand, due to actually having point values on the reference table one.

I could even make a blank reference table one where you can pull out your book and just fill in the blanks. The second file is just an organized adding machine.

Edited by Riggs

I had an update but didn't notice any difference. Guess it was an update for something else lol

I check SG right off.. biggest notice for me. Still 9 point Ang Boltguns. :tongue.:

You might need to download the file manually. I got it working (check that you're on Blood Angels v28). Its still missing the stormhawk/stormtalon and has encarmine swords at 13ppm, but other than that seems correct. Relics are available on any models that have the option to take them, as are warlord traits.

I'm still at v26 after  updating- can somebody explain how I can point it at the new datafile manually?

Right click/save as this link, I don't think it matters where you put it: https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/raw/master/Imperium%20-%20Blood%20Angels.cat

In battlescribe go File/Data Repositories: http://prntscr.com/hn1yuo

Click "Import Data From File": http://prntscr.com/hn1z3q

Select the "Imperium - Blood Angels.cat" file that you just downloaded and click "Open"

That should update it.