Best ways to build an army of DA

Ashen Sabre

Alright, so I'm starting to get into the game more after going on a bit of a fluff spree, and am digging some models up, though haven't played any games with them, so I know not what is best.

Currently I own 

3 Tactical Squads

1 Rhino

2 Deathwing Terminator Squads

1 Deathwing Knight Squad

1 Deathwing Command Squad(ik not viable in 8th, maybe a way to reuse the extra 2 models?)

1 Assault Squad

1 Devastator Squad

1 Company Master

1 Librarian

1 Interrogator Chaplain

1 Land Raider Redeemer

1 Nephlim Jetfighter

1 Black Knight Squad

Dark Imperium Primaris Models

1 Venerable Dreadnought

1 Repulsor

Currently I run the Deathwing, though from what I hear it isn't very competitive recently, and a battle against Khornate Daemons helped reinforce my thoughts. Is it worth switching to Greenwing instead, or would it be better to continue to run the Deathwing? Apologies if I am posting in a wrong place, am new to the forum at large.

I still feel that a Dark Angels army works best when you have a combination. Greenwing at its core, reinforced by bikes tightening the noose, and DW coming in to mop up the big stuff.

On the tabletop, you're sadly missing some key elements, such as a Darkshroud, Azrael for rerolls and the invulnerable save and Razorbacks. Scouts can be useful for screening from deepstriking too and with Grim Resolve, they'll be better.

The units you already have are a good core when it comes to RWK, Hellblasters and a Ben dread isn't bad either. A librarian is pretty good with Aversion and smite, so no need to rule him out. Devastators are good, depending on their loadout. A company master is great as an Azrael substitute.

The DW models can be used as normal terminators of course. Units can be weird numbers if you like, so it's fine to add them to the other units if they won't go over 10.

Just try some units and see what you enjoy too! Small games are different from larger ones and starting with power level may not be a bad plan to get games going quickly.

Welcome to the Unforgiven :) .

I still feel that a Dark Angels army works best when you have a combination. Greenwing at its core, reinforced by bikes tightening the noose, and DW coming in to mop up the big stuff.

On the tabletop, you're sadly missing some key elements, such as a Darkshroud, Azrael for rerolls and the invulnerable save and Razorbacks. Scouts can be useful for screening from deepstriking too and with Grim Resolve, they'll be better.

The units you already have are a good core when it comes to RWK, Hellblasters and a Ben dread isn't bad either. A librarian is pretty good with Aversion and smite, so no need to rule him out. Devastators are good, depending on their loadout. A company master is great as an Azrael substitute.

The DW models can be used as normal terminators of course. Units can be weird numbers if you like, so it's fine to add them to the other units if they won't go over 10.

Just try some units and see what you enjoy too! Small games are different from larger ones and starting with power level may not be a bad plan to get games going quickly.

Welcome to the Unforgiven :smile.: .

thanks, I take it Azrael takes priority over the rest when purchasing, or would a Darkshroud be better to get first?