Thousand Sons Techmarine

AndrewInOZ

Hi all

next question... did the Thousand Sons ever use Techmarines ..I cant image the Mar's techno's would be keen on some wizard going whim bam boom make a land raider or would someone use his magical arts to pull apart engines etc & have them float in the air while changing bits & pieces  

I can see them perhaps while they were human but post HH while most are just shells , maybe they just magical skills to fabricate / repair things

Im sure there were techmarines at some point but the rubric either augmented psychic ability or turned you into dust so there might not be techmarines now unless there is some technosorcery cult out there or a dinobot handler.

• 2 weeks later...

They did have techmarines; the "Pyromancer" school of the Pyrae included the tech marines, much as the Pavoni school/cult included the Medicae/apothecaires. 

Techmarines were mostly Pyromancers, for some unexplained reasons a Pyromancer in the Thousand Sons also has the ability to do Technomancy to control / repair robots.  A thousand sons novel (Kalophus), Ahrimans novels (Ignis) and in the Crimson King (Tolbek) all had Technomantic abilities and were all also pyromancers.  

The only way I can see us getting an ability that will match is some spell to heal engines/tanks, or if we have a sorcerer with a Pyromancer aura they may have some form of Technomancy such as the Warpsmith ability (heal, or plink an opposing tank)