Tallern Hellhammer Ambush

Gents,

So my Hellhammer (older variant from FW) doesn’t have the additional plates behind the sponsons and brings the overall width of my Hellhammer, with sponsons, to 6&15/16”. Can he ambush sideways or is this just going to be a nightmare dealing with opponents continuously picking at it? How should I approach my opponents to reduce grumbles and make the game enjoyable for all?

-Squirrely

Agreed with Tirak, your model is a legal GW model, it is OOP but it is still legal AFAIK as they have not said you cant use OOP models, heck if you have the original land raiders you can still use those even though they are significantly smaller then a currently sold raider i believe.

How should I approach my opponents to reduce grumbles and make the game enjoyable for all?

That depends. How friendly are the matches? Are your oppoments WAAC?

I’ve tailored my lists down in the name of fun. But if you are facing a competitive scene then the odds are you can’t meaningfully help them.

It could be. If someone goes out of their way to buy an older kit with this in mind, that would be clear modeling for advantage. In this case, since the OP already has the model, it’s more of a grey area. I would ask tournament organizers and avoid doing that in friendly games in general.

It could be. If someone goes out of their way to buy an older kit with this in mind, that would be clear modeling for advantage. In this case, since the OP already has the model, it’s more of a grey area. I would ask tournament organizers and avoid doing that in friendly games in general.

I think the opposite should apply. It should be fine in friendly games (if the list isnt too waacy, ofc), while tournaments would be a bit more problematic, imo...

I am of the opinion that since it's an official product, including it is fine. If that means tourney players hunt down old versions, so be it. The price for these models is such that sunsetting them would be more problematic than fielding them. You can still field old style terminators in a lot of tourneys, this is no different.