Which transport

lash144

Hey folks,

so I´m actually debating atm which transport I should run:

1) Tallarn Gryphonne Pattern Chimera with Twin HB + HB

2) Tallarn Taurox

3) Catachan Chimera with 2x HF

So what are your opinions / experiences regarding transports? Which one do you prefer and why?

I’ve used 1 and 3. The former always contributes something if not always exceptional. The latter either hits it big by dropping ~10 autohits on some poor soul or never gets to fire before it’s dead. I did notice the Catachan chimera tends to get my guys further up field since there is no reason not to advance and pop smoke first turn, so in that sense it serves its transport role better.

Both are decent though, and it really depends on which Regiment you’re already bringing. For the gryphonne the autocannon is now the cheapest option so something I’m looking forward to trying.

Well my tanks are gonna be Catachan for sure, but not sure about the Infantry and transports that´s why I am asking ;-)

Sure the autocanon version is cheaper (3 points). But I´d rather like to have 6 HB shots against 2 autocanon shots ^^

So the last two games at the FLGS with Blood Angels had a Bael Preditor in the mix. While the twin-linked Assault Cannon wrecked my day I was feeling pretty chill with the Heavy Bolters. When using Heavy Bolters myself they don’t really do much of anything. It might be possible the Heavy Bolter hasn’t made the transition into 8th very well.

Go with the Heavy Flammers. Then again I do love to march Infantry Squads into rapid fire range.

So the last two games at the FLGS with Blood Angels had a Bael Preditor in the mix. While the twin-linked Assault Cannon wrecked my day I was feeling pretty chill with the Heavy Bolters. When using Heavy Bolters myself they don’t really do much of anything. It might be possible the Heavy Bolter hasn’t made the transition into 8th very well.

Go with the Heavy Flammers. Then again I do love to march Infantry Squads into rapid fire range.

The heavy bolter in SM armies are the go to weapon to wreck everything. For guard not so much as we dont have any good platforms as a fire base unless you run Cadian and then your a gunline. Heavy bolters are good for shredding up close on a super heavy since they can fire them 1" away from targets