Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Thousand Sons "Monster Mash"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,183 posts

Lord of war - 

- Magnus the Red

Patrol detachment - Thousand Sons 

-Daemon prince with wings - dual talons

-Tzaangors x18, Instrument 

-Hellforged leviathan with grav-flux bombard and claw

Spearhead - +1 CP  - Thousand Sons

-Sorcerer HQ - bolt pistol / Force Axe

-Hellforged contemptor, duel kheres

-Hellforged contemptor, kheres / fist.

-Maulerfiend, lasher tendrils (tzeentch mark) 

-Defiler, combi bolter, defiler scourge, twin heavy bolter (tzeentch mark)

-Forgefiend, 2x hades auto cannon (tzeentch mark) 

Comes to 1998. 

If in a more "competetive" enviornment or a less firiendly one I can drop tzangors and swap for a changeling in an HQ slot or as an Aux. This gives -1 to hit against mauler/defiler/forge/magnus/daemon prince. 

Leviathan is a monster in all respects and doesn't really need the -1, and the contemptors I have found are pretty solid all around, mine in particular help grind infantry due to kheres and weight of fire. 

Forgefiend helps with vehicles AT/Anti-terminator, Tzaangors block out enemy deepstrikers on one side and go from there, as well as being decent in melee. 

Everything in the list nearby to magnus gets the re-roll invuls of a 1, and re-roll "to hits" of a 1. as all detachments are thousand sons marked.  I always felt chaos can pull off the "monster mash" just as well as any nid list in 8th. 

Thoughts? 

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts

I think it looks interesting. A little low on CP's for my liking, any idea what you usually face in your area? I keep losing my monsters and vehicles to reaperspam unfortunately.

Oh wow oops didn't see how long ago this was posted. How did the game go?

Edited by bozo69pd, 31 January 2018 - 11:33 PM.

hhhdan

hhhdan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

Lord of war - 

- Magnus the Red

Patrol detachment - Thousand Sons 

-Daemon prince with wings - dual talons

-Tzaangors x18, Instrument 

-Hellforged leviathan with grav-flux bombard and claw

Spearhead - +1 CP  - Thousand Sons

-Sorcerer HQ - bolt pistol / Force Axe

-Hellforged contemptor, duel kheres

-Hellforged contemptor, kheres / fist.

-Maulerfiend, lasher tendrils (tzeentch mark) 

-Defiler, combi bolter, defiler scourge, twin heavy bolter (tzeentch mark)

-Forgefiend, 2x hades auto cannon (tzeentch mark) 

Comes to 1998. 

If in a more "competetive" enviornment or a less firiendly one I can drop tzangors and swap for a changeling in an HQ slot or as an Aux. This gives -1 to hit against mauler/defiler/forge/magnus/daemon prince. 

Leviathan is a monster in all respects and doesn't really need the -1, and the contemptors I have found are pretty solid all around, mine in particular help grind infantry due to kheres and weight of fire. 

Forgefiend helps with vehicles AT/Anti-terminator, Tzaangors block out enemy deepstrikers on one side and go from there, as well as being decent in melee. 

Everything in the list nearby to magnus gets the re-roll invuls of a 1, and re-roll "to hits" of a 1. as all detachments are thousand sons marked.  I always felt chaos can pull off the "monster mash" just as well as any nid list in 8th. 

Thoughts? 

Changeling now only gives ignore wounds on a 6+ (6+ feel no pain) instead of the -1 to hit from shooting with the new codex. They nerfed him pretty hard. So yeah, in a more competitive scenario this list would probably not work that well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users