Dark Angels Sacred Standard

Trunkello

So as everyone, i am also disappointed about the absence of our sacred standards. But there is a rule in the codex wich have been not showed or reviewed yet (or i am not aware). The dark angels chapter ancient have a rule called Sacred Standard: it allows dark angel infantry models to fire one last time or attack one last time if they are killed. I dont know if they get up on 4+ as with regular chapter banners or its automatic like with Ezekiel. The bonus is that they make these last attacks on ws bs 2+.

Its not as good as we hoped but for 65-ish points its nice to have especially since we will most likely invest a lot of points into 10 men hellblaster squads. Azrael nearby will also help to get that 2+ rerollable. Also if your hellblaster fries its brain with the plasma gun it can fire again.

And a question if you may. The plasma strategem lasts on the shooting phase it has been used. The slain model who gets up with the standard shoots as it were the shooting phase. Does that mean it will still have the bonus from the strategem?

The slain model shoots as though it were in the shooting phase...that's a generic reference to the structure of a turn, not a bridge to the most recent shooting phase.  If he fries himself in the shooting phase in which the plasma stratagem is active, he gets the 2+ shot. If he dies on the following enemy turn, no.

/edit/  That standard makes sense in a hellblaster gunline...get those boys rerolling ones to hit and to wound, and then if they die, they get bonus shooting from the banner.  Scary.

Edited by march10k

The slain model shoots as though it were in the shooting phase...that's a generic reference to the structure of a turn, not a bridge to the most recent shooting phase.  If he fries himself in the shooting phase in which the plasma stratagem is active, he gets the 2+ shot. If he dies on the following enemy turn, no.

/edit/  That standard makes sense in a hellblaster gunline...get those boys rerolling ones to hit and to wound, and then if they die, they get bonus shooting from the banner.  Scary.

So its a separate shooting phase i get it. I hope we can see soon how this work. If they only get the 2+ WS BS then its good. If they can get up automaticly its awesome. But i think its 4+ to get up and the last shot is on 2+. Still great though. Propably works great with DW Knights too altough not as compatitive as with hellblasters.