Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Mesh armour?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,568 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Hi guys, just a quick question. Has anyone found where the rules for "Mesh armour" can be found in the Necromunda rules?

Most of the Gangs of Legend get Mesh armour on some or all of their models, but rules are not provided anywhere (that I can find).

I assume they just give a 5+ like back in the day? But it's quite odd, since almost none of the old miniatures come with mesh (or even flak!) armour. Now most of the old gangs will have heavier armour than any of the new gangs, which looks odd.

Also, do you think it's just a typo that the Delaque leader start with Flak when the Champs and Gangers start with Mesh?

The Delaque Leader starts with a slightly worse profile than the Orlock Leader (who comes with Mesh), but costs 20 pts less. Van Saar Leaders have a tiny bit better profile but costs 5 pts more than the Delaque, and comes with Mesh.
Orlock Gangers start with a comparable profile as Delaque Gangers (6+ Ld instead of 6+ Wil) but cost 5 pts less. Van Saar Gangers have a better profile than Delaque Gangers and both come with Mesh, and costs the same. This indicates that the Gangers at least are supposed to have Mesh armour.

So that brings me back to figuring out the intent behind the armour of the Delaque leader. I think I'll just play him as having Mesh, since that is the only thing that makes sense. Just wanted to check what others figured?

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

Inquisitor Fox

Inquisitor Fox

++ QUAESTOR PERSONATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,585 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition
Rules for mesh are in Gang War, it was still 5+. Gang War has rules for mesh but no points cost for different armors.

(F.K.A. Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen)

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,568 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Thanks, found it now! (p.34 GW1).

The layout of rules is really rather poor, with a bunch of overlap of rules between the books, some rules found only in one of the books and even some rules that are only found in the pdf. 
I guess they made the rules under the assumption that people will learn everything be heart, rather than flipping through different books searching for them.
With the coming GW2 and 3, it will be really annoying trying to find the rules for stuff. :/

Edited by totgeboren, 11 December 2017 - 02:26 PM.

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users