First run with the new dex.

Morticon

Yeah the SB spam is definitely something to reckon with.

You don't want to know what kind of face our Deathguard player made when he faced the shooting phase of my CP buffed Noise Marines followed by the GKs SB spam (was a random 1v2 due points available at that time) .... suddenly S4 AP0 becomes very scary even for Deathshrouds and characters lol

Edited by sfPanzer

Looks like it was 2 itnerceptors not strike squads, fyi! 

Mid game now.  

Ive used scouts to form a really big bubble preventing my backline from being targeted at all.  

Its delayed the drop for a turn, and given me a tiny edge to push him further away from the center objective.  

He went first, and kept 7 of his units in reserve. So, i have a lot of hurt still to deal with. 

End second turn. 

Game is possibly the most tactical and exciting ive played in 8th.  I have the upper hand at the moment, but he's playing exceptionally cleverly.  Its a very cat/mouse type game at the moment. 

Are you playing in China or are you back in SA?

Edit: added a capital C to China ;-P and edited once more....for yet another capital C

Edited by Are Verlo

End second turn. 

Game is possibly the most tactical and exciting ive played in 8th.  I have the upper hand at the moment, but he's playing exceptionally cleverly.  Its a very cat/mouse type game at the moment. 

Edit: added a capital C to china ;-P

Then you put the little c on the edit note China. :D

End second turn. 

Edit: added a capital C to China ;-P and edited once more....for yet another capital C

Vassal with my mate in SA. Wont be able to table-game for a while.  

Given the time delay and schedules, we're playing bit by bit. 

This GK game is so exciting. Really, really tight -lots of cat and mouse back and forth. 

We're both gunning for the relic - its the start of my assault phase, and i've just locked 8 DC in with his Brother Captain and 4 Strikes, while Lemmy has charged Draigo - who has 3 wounds left. 

If Lemme is victorious - i forsee victory being mine. If not, He will chew through the remaining intercessors and camp on the relic. 

After this turn he should have 2x 5man Strike squads and a 1x3 man Strike squad left - possibly Draigo, and possibly the Bro Captain- depending on the dice. 

I have 2x 5man Tacs, 1x7 man Intercessors, a wounded Ancient, Lemmy, a Dev squad, 2 Tarantulas and two Rapiers. 

Or 1 CP for «only in Death..» to take Lemartes with him

Or 3CP to do both in case Lemartes fights first. Kill him in return and then let the Strike Squad + Captain fight first against the Deathcompany and kill those as well. :D

Does he have 2CP left? That sounds like the perfect opportunity for him to use the counterstrike stratagem.

We're at the bottom of T4  - and he burned his last CP in T3! :D 

I've just used my last three to move the DC to a better position, and then Descent of Angels into position.  RWAR. 

Will be entirely down to the dice. 

I used a fairly Jump Pack heavy list (including Captain Smash) against Matt @ Sprues & Brews and his Death Guard. You can check out the Battle Report below.

I didn't go for the alpha strike, but I found the maneuverability and ability to redeploy and get crucial charges off very useful! Plus Red Thirst is a very nice trait.

Edited by Sprues&Brews

Lemmy was a beast!! Took down draigo! :D 

He's actually far better than Mephy at doing it too looking at his stats again.  

What a great, great game. 

Ended turn 6, with the last two GK being removed.  

It was exceptionally bloody, but, the BA played so, so well in terms of their style and flair.  I'm a big fan of the tactics and subtleties of the army. 

Big feint came in turn 3 when i had to drop the DC, but had no where really good to drop them, i dropped them miles away from the enemy, luring a small squad to take shots at them, but otherwise advance up the board.  I then used the strat to redeploy them for another assault.  

So much flexibility in this.  

The i still feel VV are better than DC, but the Lemmy/DC combo puts them ahead of the game.  

Thanks for those that have followed. 

Wish i could post the vassal pics, but i cant get hosted pics anymore :/  booo

Good patient use of those strat fueled drops will bring us victory it seems

Cant stress this enough. 

Layering drops and holding off will be key. 

The only issue will be whether the boards we're on will allow us to weather the storm against the builds we're up against for a turn or two. 

Bubble wrapping will still be a big issue, and with Russes being as broken as they are now....i dont see much of this changing.   

Yeah Lemartes will be considerably better vs lower toughness enemies as he has more attacks (6 on the charge against Mephy's 4) and will wound on 2's just the same, the slightly lower AP won't matter Vs 3++ or 4++ and they both have D3. Lemartes is a beast no doubt. Mephiston comes I to his own Vs T6 or higher in comparison to Lemartes

Cant stress this enough.

The only issue will be whether the boards we're on will allow us to weather the storm against the builds we're up against for a turn or two.

Bubble wrapping will still be a big issue, and with Russes being as broken as they are now....i dont see much of this changing.

I've been thinking this too. It's worth the extra little tax to get the 9CP. My theoretical list is similar to yours but with sanguard as the main assault bit. SS vanvets are tempting too but the sanguard tie in so neatly with sanguinor and priest, with the extra wound and 5++ standard they're not too worse off compared to 3++.

It's all moot to me anyway, as I live in Beijing now and won't be playing anytime soon :D Makes good batreps all the more appreciated, please keep em coming.

Cant stress this enough.

I've been thinking this too. It's worth the extra little tax to get the 9CP. My theoretical list is similar to yours but with sanguard as the main assault bit. SS vanvets are tempting too but the sanguard tie in so neatly with sanguinor and priest, with the extra wound and 5++ standard they're not too worse off compared to 3++.

It's all moot to me anyway, as I live in Beijing now and won't be playing anytime soon :D Makes good batreps all the more appreciated, please keep em coming.

Big feint came in turn 3 when i had to drop the DC, but had no where really good to drop them, i dropped them miles away from the enemy, luring a small squad to take shots at them, but otherwise advance up the board.  I then used the strat to redeploy them for another assault.  

Did you spend any CP to make the charge more likely or did they redeploy near Lemmy?

If I am not mistaken the wording on the descent strat allows for wings of fire, followed by a 3d6 charge by descent of angels :-)

wings of fire: "Remove the the unit from the battlefield and set them up at the end of the phase"

Descent of angels: "use this strat before making the charge roll with a BA JP unit from your army that was set up on the battlefield earlier this turn"