Close Combat Monster (haven't seen this one yet)

9x19 Parabellum

Ok here we go.

Take your favorite HQ (non named, non-primaris)

Let's go with captain, 4 attacks.

1 CP for Death Visions, 5 attacks.

add on 1 for Sanguinor and/or Unleash Rage and or 6's for Corbulo's red grail if you like; for now I'm trying to keep this somewhat realistic.

Artisan of War with Thunder Hammer (4 damage)

Now, on your turn, spend 1 CP for Red Rampage (+d3 attacks), rerolling with Stratagem (1 CP) if necessary.

Now spend 3 CP at the end of fight for Honor the Chapter (or 2 for Only in death does duty end, if he dies). based on the way the wording is for Red Rampage, your bonus d3 attacks continue on through the entirety of the fight phase.

You're looking at a possible 20 attacks (with 6's trigger more attacks from Corbs).

Hitting on 3's, rerolling 1's, wounding on 2's and each dealing 4 damage. (lol Mortarion take your disgusting resilience and shove it up your pustibled  pustuled  pustiloid nasty ass)

80+ max damage in a single turn.

The only question here is which Relic to use: Angel's Wing or Veritas Vitae?

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Yeah Captain Smash doesn't suck at all.

I am loosely thinking of using Forlorn Fury on him more often than I would on 15 DC actually.

Dunno time will tell =)

Holy crap I hand't even considered that. After death visions of sanguinius he become Death Company Keyword, which means he can totally forlorn fury, which leaves Descent of Angels for Sanguinary guard.  15" pre-move (12+advance), + 1st turn 12" regular move + 7" charge (and reroll charges if Angel's Wing)  =  34" turn 1 threaten range. Setup on your deployment zone (12") means he can reach 46" out and still touch enemies deployed deep in the long-ways deployment maps.

When he dies there a stratagem that lets him fight again lol

Yeah.  Was thinking about this vs. a deamon primarch.  Even if he goes down, spend the 2 CP and you should be able to finish them off.

If you want to go really ham, give him the relic hammer too so he hits on 2’s.

Only issue is you can't combine it with "Artisan of War" warlord trait.  So your choice; hit on 2's with 3 damage, or hit on 3's with 4 damage. 

And check out the Angels Wing's.

We will not receive a Primarch but he is always within us =)

Yeah, I think that's the relic he wants. Reroll charges and no overwatch.

As much as I love Mephi, I"m thinking a jump libby so he can keep up to buff him, and carry the Veritas Vitae for all the CP's that this Golden Slaughter Storm is going to chew through.

Yep. I've been giving him a stormshield mostly because I like the way it looks (very Catholic Angelic), so it comes to 129.  Regardless, yeah, the real currency problem is not army point, but rather command points.  This guy is a friggin CP hog.

Worth it though if you can turn a deamon primarch into a red fine mist :happy.:

Inb4 AM player will include a small BA detachment to use their bazillion CPs on the Captain to get rid of LoWs turn 1 lol

I'm kinda sad that my regular opponents don't play LoWs like that and that I can't do it in a pirmaris army but oh well. :D

Edited by sfPanzer

Big Hero Blood Angel making the sacrifice and taking on the biggest threat is EPIC fluffly for us. - Thanks GW

----

Talking about Mephisston . . . I am having trouble figuring how to get all these toys into 2000pts and some kind of CP budget also. =)

I am beginning to think that is what is so interesting about our dex. (I still am waiting for my copy in the mail).

Mad flavor and access to power options, but not overpowered because you can't make all of it work at the same time.

Perhaps way underpowered if you have it out of tune or fuel even... like a racing engine.

I want Capt Smash and a Libby Dread and Mephiston and 15DC and 10 SG w banner and adequate fire support and enough command points and ...

Pick some single flavor inside your budget that appeals and have a blast storming the castle seems the order of the day !!

Should be glorious either way prolly.

Sounds like GW gave us some really fun toys that work after assembly for the first time in years.

Even if some of the old ones are still frustratingly broken options ... :wink:

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

Big Hero Blood Angel making the sacrifice and taking on the biggest threat is EPIC fluffly for us. - Thanks GW

----

Talking about Mephisston . . . I am having trouble figuring how to get all these toys into 2000pts and some kind of CP budget also. =)

I am beginning to think that is what is so interesting about our dex. (I still am waiting for my copy in the mail).

Mad flavor and access to power options, but not overpowered because you can't make all of it work at the same time.

Perhaps way underpowered if you have it out of tune or fuel even... like a racing engine.

I want Capt Smash and a Libby Dread and Mephiston and 15DC and 10 SG w banner and adequate fire support and enough command points and ...

Pick some single flavor inside your budget that appeals and have a blast storming the castle seems the order of the day !!

Should be glorious either way prolly.

Sounds like GW gave us some really fun toys that work after assembly for the first time in years.

Even if some of the old ones are still frustratingly broken options ... :wink:

I'm probably going to take some heat for this, but I think we might need to change up our thinking a little bit from previous edition. EVERY MSU needs to be thought of as an assault unit. Every sergeant gets a melee weapon! The Red Thirst is really too damned good to not leverage special melee weapons for it.

Yeah.  Was thinking about this vs. a deamon primarch.  Even if he goes down, spend the 2 CP and you should be able to finish them off.

Only issue is you can't combine it with "Artisan of War" warlord trait.  So your choice; hit on 2's with 3 damage, or hit on 3's with 4 damage.

Hmmm all of that spunds pretty good! Regarding the Relic Hammer vs Artisan of War - surely there has to be a fairly easy way to math out whats better, no? Only I cant think of one right now :/

Hmmm all of that spunds pretty good! Regarding the Relic Hammer vs Artisan of War - surely there has to be a fairly easy way to math out whats better, no? Only I cant think of one right now :/

I'd say the fact that not taking the Relic Hammer enables you to take the relic Jump Pack instead makes the choice clear. ^^

Well the thought behind it was using forlorn fury to move 15 death company woth bolters and chainswords and say three or four hammers with jps up the field to withiin range of a first turm charge. Using doa to drop a chaplain with a fist, jp relic and fearless bubble trait. Chappy chatges a rerollable 3d6 inches, negates over watch for himself and the squad, negates leadership cassualties, provides rerolls to hit and with the fist and squads thuderhammers should be able to handle tougj targets aswell as having enough attacks to deal witj chaff.

Ok here we go.

Take your favorite HQ (non named, non-primaris)

Let's go with captain, 4 attacks.

1 CP for Death Visions, 5 attacks.

add on 1 for Sanguinor and/or Unleash Rage and or 6's for Corbulo's red grail if you like; for now I'm trying to keep this somewhat realistic.

Artisan of War with Thunder Hammer (4 damage)

Now, on your turn, spend 1 CP for Red Rampage (+d3 attacks), rerolling with Stratagem (1 CP) if necessary.

Now spend 3 CP at the end of fight for Honor the Chapter (or 2 for Only in death does duty end, if he dies). based on the way the wording is for Red Rampage, your bonus d3 attacks continue on through the entirety of the fight phase.

You're looking at a possible 20 attacks (with 6's trigger more attacks from Corbs).

Hitting on 3's, rerolling 1's, wounding on 2's and each dealing 4 damage. (lol Mortarion take your disgusting resilience and shove it up your pustibled pustuled pustiloid nasty ass)

80+ max damage in a single turn.

The only question here is which Relic to use: Angel's Wing or Veritas Vitae?

That's cool, but are 5 to 7+ CPs worth one round of combat?