The future of 30k (not an official statement!)

Panzer

Atia isn't wrong, at least not what I've seen I don't know what or how she is related to the business but her info is spot on. This is seriously terrible news...so many things don't have models for them...and I don't want to have to dedicate myself to a legion if they don't have there special toys released yet :sad.: namely Blood Angels...and I feel for Space wolf players.

RAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! "Keyboard flys across room hitting IKEA display cabinet smashing unpainted/undedicated 30k marines everywhere"

"sighs"

Krash

Hyperbole.

If they brought in 2 new writers, then we are in a prolonged delay, not a period of death.

Resources move, but I struggle to accept that the HH was one man.

If indeed it was, well that's unfortunate, as we may never get a Primarchs quality Emperor vs Horus face off model set, and one of the greatest settings of all time will not be done justice.

I've not got involved with 30k but I feel bad for those that are still waiting for their time in the sun. I'm waiting for Fires to drop but I understand that will most likely be delayed too. Let's just hope they recover and get something out of the door soon. It must be hard for everyone at Forge World currently with all the restructuring.

I trust Atia as much as any official announcement.

What a shame, sad state of affairs.

I'm hoping that once all the codices for 8th are released GW will assign some more staff to the Heresy, to not only bring it to 8th with a big re-balance but also to finish the Legions and books.

Hyperbole.

If they brought in 2 new writers, then we are in a prolonged delay, not a period of death.

This, frankly.

We may not be getting big, exciting releases. Stuff like the doors and other catch up products are what we'll get.

We were told we were in for a period of catch up too. 2 primarchs and whatever else they see fit to fill in the gaps until Angelus

Hyperbole.

Resources move, but I struggle to accept that the HH was one man.

If indeed it was, well that's unfortunate, as we may never get a Primarchs quality Emperor vs Horus face off model set, and one of the greatest settings of all time will not be done justice.

100% this. It definitely wasn't just Alan, as hard as his loss has been. Alan was going out of his way at the Weekender this year to introduce Neil Wylie as a co-author, and other rumors have pointed to Neil being the new black book writing lead. Neil also wrote the campaign sections for Inferno (which I think are the best in the series, personally) and is mentioned as a contributor in most of the other black books. I think we'll be alright.

It does seem like hyperbole but they have been in a nosedive since 8th. If they have two new writers I certainly wouldn’t call it dead. That shows some willingness to get back into things. Heresy has been far too successful for them to let drop for too long.....I hope.

I just wish FW/GW would make an official statement of some kind, rather than leave the 30K community in the dark.

Dorn being done is good news though.

This isn't new info, it's just what we already know with 'dead' thrown in to make it sound more dramatic.

It's concerning, but FW has won enough good will in my mind to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Taking sculptors off the HH team before all the Legions were done is something I believe to be a big mistake, but the real test will be when Angelus comes out. They have a lot of Bligh's notes and ideas, so there's no excuse, with all this time in hand, for the book to be anything less than superb. If Angelus comes out and it's a significant step down in quality from what we've seen before, rushed Inferno aside, then it's time to start worrying.

So, we have to wait and see if they make good use of the downtime.

To parrot others, it does seem to by hyperbole.

What does dead mean? Slown down, which it certainly has.

So has LotR and they’re still releasing models and books for it. Hell, last Friday was a LotR release.

So yeah, it is slower, specifically 50% slower, but thats for the time being. I see an uptick coming after the system moves to 8th or after Angelus comes out.

Slowed to a crawl if you ask me, I mean its not like it was particularly fast before (How many times did Inferno, and now Angelus, got pushed back before being released? Too many) but now its even slower. I dont mind but between the edition shake up, no new releases beyond Doors and some Wolves and the restructuring of the creative team it really doesnt speak very well of 30k's situation.

I doubt it will get cancelled, it's been so succesful that the main game is now taking bits and pieces from 30k, from Primarchs to Mechanicus and legion traits and more connections to the past so while this year and a bit of slump sucks I will still wait and see what Forgeworld has in store, I have been patient for Dorn and I will be patient for the Siege of Terra in 2036.

I think the restructuring was fairly inevitable. FW had been focused nearly exclusively it seemed on HH since Betrayal came out. I think there might have been only one non-HH FW book released since then. Once the range was better established, I suspect GW wanted FW providing more support for mainline 40k, particularly with 8th coming out. I'm guessing the pace will pick up again over the next year as changes bed in. 

If it takes a year or more for the buzz and excitement to start returning, that's not going to work.

Being a niche within a niche, using the old rules, is not going to attract new players - the lifeblood of any game.

HH will benefit from a jump into 8th, but it will also require resources for that to happen.

I don't see this happening for some time.

The only thing the Heresy train can do is slow down because IT DOESN’T HAVE BRAKES!

CHOO CHOOOOOO! I'll keep on building heresy armies regardless of FW's involvement. More support would certainly be welcome, but the lack of it won't stop me from creating miniatures I love in the setting I enjoy the most

Archived