Electro!

Stemplar

Are the priests worth it??

I tend to be an aggressive, go get em player, so traditional Ad Mech isn't a natural fit. But I love the models!! So I'm gonna get lots of Dragoons and I like the look of what the Electro priests might be able to do.

But ... Are they actually any good? And if so ... which ones?

Maybe deep strike them with a Lucius or Stygies force to get them close?

Unless we get some kind of transport support I've found we struggle to be any more than tactically aggressive.  E.g striving forward to take ground/objectives ,
we are never going to be blood angles or space wolves advancing half the army forwards rapidly with some gun line support. It will at best take 2 turns to reach a gunline type enemy with stuff like dragoons, (often  3 )  if your opponent is aware of what you are going to try to do ... Which should be pretty clear when you take 3+ dragoons out of the box.

My problem with priests is  1. They are competing for elite slots with infiltrators .... These which I can already deep strike in without the Tax CP  who also have two wounds and with shroud up to a get a 3+ save. Far less squishy than the priests which either really need to kill a unit or pray really really really hard for that 6+ devotion to not die to a stiff breeze (Lasfire).  They don't benefit from shroudpsalm  or the reducing ap Lucias dogma at all because your always taking the invuln save , they can be entertaining on mass if they actually make it up close but unless you are planning to run a huge hoard of them, mitigated somewhat by leadership 8 I cant see me running them.

Personally, I play a mixture of either aggressive Metallica and gunline Mars ,  instead of using priests  , I use infiltrator deep strike attempts  as a kind of distraction Carnifex, That land raider or assault cannon razorback that's going to rip my advancing stuff a new ass , Incoming suicide infiltrator squad to tie it up in combat, after shooting the crap out of nearby units, its as much about ruining my opponents plans as defending mine until I can get my vanguard in place on an objective .