Hobby New Year Resolutions

Brother Mayhem

Blow off the dust from Space Marines boxes I have and recycle them in the Astral Claws: 40-50 power armor guys, 10 terminators, 2 LR and a little other stuff.

This allow me to clear my working place from unfinished projects and get ready myself to something new.

P.S. May be I even start to paint Kingdom Death: Monster models I have.

I have three resolutions.

Sharpen my posts here to the razor edge of quality. I want to look back on this year in 2019 and be able to sincerely claim I only added to the forum rather than substract from it and that to be undeniably true.

Complete that damn Relictors versus Daemons fanfiction I've started years ago.

And naturally, crush my enemies, see them driven before me and wear their women as hats.

My hobby year has been anemic at best, so I want to actually achieve some tangible goals next year. My setup is better and I have a tad more time, so here goes with my rather large list. #waitingforangelus

• Primaris Angels of Redemption (Dark Imperium) 
  • Repaint and convert Deathwing to heresy era e.g. Storm bolters to combi-bolters, change heavy weapons, file off Crux Terminatus, paint checks.
  • Consolidate and repaint heresy stuff, turn what we can into Dark Angels.
  • Paint Heresy Thousand Sons (Magnus, 15 Terminators, Land Raider, 2 Contemptors, 10 Vets, Kenhati, Amon).
  • Sell off projects which I will not get to ever e.g. Eldar, AoS.
  • Go to Warhammer World for an Event (40k or 30k)
  • Finish 3000 points of Heresy Dark Angels.
  • Paint a Bloodbowl team.

Finish my Dark Angels by February

Paint my Death Guard by August

Start an Ulthwé strike force.

So I guess my real resolution is learn how to paint faster without a compromise in my quality :happy.:

Finish repainting my Dark Eldar army (I had shelved them during 7th edition) that I stripped and started to repaint right before 8th dropped and work got to busy making it so that I didn't get around to making time to finish (things have finally slowed down enough I shouldn't have trouble actually doing it).

Finish assembling all of the boxes of miniatures I have already purchased before I purchase more. Maybe I will even get them all painted up (hahaha like the painting will actually happen for all of them, I'm terrible at it).

Edited by Legionaire of the VIIth

Paint up the nine bolter marines that I need to complete a full battle company. Which should take me all the way till Easter.

Then, ideally, a predator (as a well done to me on the first target), a squad of Grey Knight terminators and a drop pod (to clear out my unpainted stuff). And by the time I’ve done all that, it’ll be almost 2019...

My resolution is simply to reverse the trend of steadily decreasing hobby time.  The ambitious dream is to rekindle motivation for this hobby that's been part of my life for ~30 years, be able to field a fully painted 8th edition army, and actually play more than once before 2018 ends.

I've got a few things for 2018 that need to be focused on, Bike and Land Speeders for one, replacing all my krylon painted troops is another, got a bunch of nids to put together too. The bigger project is in July/August I should be receiving delivery of a pretty awesome new laser plotter, and with that, I plan on designing a bunch of MDF terrain, zone mortalis tiles and other hobby accessories & swag.

RT era Ravening force  (For 2nd ed games, so not toooo many bikes and speeders)

Painting a Knight for my sisters (Will never field it, just really like the model)
Finishing my Sisters army (About half way done now)

Continuing with my Epic 30k heresy army of Titans and Imperial Fists

Very happy I have managed to keep my '17 resolution of no more than 3 new armies! I've got thousand sons at the beginning of the year (sadly still in boxes...) and primaris Marines which I was prepared to argue hard the technicality of being 'just more Marines, not another army' but managed to stay strong.

Updates to Necrons counts too as while they're an old army everything I have built and painted has been new purchases.

There has been a lot of close calls for making the resolution though. Khorne daemons, Admech, AoS and not least Death Guard... Even Eldar Wraithwing has been plaguing me, admittedly for a long time, but the incessant whispering is tearing at the walls protecting my mind.

AM I GLAD NURGLE/DAEMONS DROP IN JANUARY '18? Why yes, yes I am. And what a year it's going to be!

My new resolution is going to amp it to the max with..

- No more than TWO new armies, Nurgle DoC included.

- No less than TWO fully painted (2000 points) armies, this includes models already painted right now such as the half finished Necron force. But it won't help me having 1900 points of crons, 1750 Nurgle and 2k Primaris. No, sir. Minimum 2k in an army for the checkmark.

Bonus objective: buy no more than ONE army and finish no less than ONE (2000 points) army by August 1st.

Buy chapter approved, the grey knights codex, buy some plastic sisters of battle and their codex, sort my armies out and play more games.

And an easy one, finish smashfather by end of January, which is an Iron Hands Captain on a bike with thunder hammer and shield eternal.