Hobby New Year Resolutions

Brother Mayhem

In 2018 I will:

• decrease spending on my plastic and resin crack habit per developed budget
  • decrease spending on paint, tools, and other hobby related items per developed budget
  • increase human interaction by making at least 150 posts to this forum
  • donate to this forum's annual fund raising effort per developed budget
  • learn at least three new painting techniques
  • complete at least two Imperial Fist unit choices for 30k from each catagory to the best of my ability
  • complete at least one archmagos and three unit choices from the 30k Ordo Reductor list to the best of my ability
  • complete at least four tanks, IF and/or Mechanicum to the best of my ability
  • spend more quality time with my airbrush

Don't normally try to get myself committed like this ... but since I just ordered a copy of the new AoD rule book, I'd like to get in at least 1 game this year be it Heresy or 8th,

I'd also like to transform some of my shelf-life DG from base undercoating to fully painted in light of this new purchase.

I looked back and realised I didn't make a resolution last year, so will remedy that with a few now!

1) I'd like to make sure I play more - whilst tournaments and narrative campaigns up my game count, it'd be nice not to pack this into just a weekend and spread this out a bit further.

2) For my Heresy army, I'm intending to work on and finish an Orbital Assault Death Guard list for variety and because it is very different to my current play style and what I would normally field. I've got everything I need I think: so just lots to paint!

3) I'd like to also continue developing my painting and airbrushing skills - perhaps through some new, small scale projects. Attempting techniques I wouldn't normally try would be a good start!

Let's see whether I can do these during 2018!

Ok, here goes

- to finish my Great Company (doable 1 StormFang, 2 DropPods and 1 Ironclad)

- paint up some Mech for my 2nd Great Company (2 predators, 2 Razorbacks and 1 LandRaider in boxes)

finish up/ make some headway into the Orks, Tyranids and DA's that I've somehow acquired

- paint up a BT squad and use Martian Ironearth to base them.

I'm kind of hoping for 2 out of 4.

I have got a few ideas for goals that I'm looking into.

1) I plan on documenting my modelling and painting progress. I will be trying to keep my Mechanicus and Ork project logs on the B&C on life support and find somewhere to post pictures of the Age of Sigmar gifts that I've recieved. (I can post my Bloodthirster I guess, but Archaon is out sadly)

2) I will complete a painting diorama that I meant to start as a gift years ago. (Marneus Calgar facing a large Tyranid creature)

3) I will complete at least one large painting project (Morkanaut, Imperial Knight or possibly any new Adeptus Mechanicus stuff that may be released)

4) I will complete my unit of Ork Kommandos before I start another modelling project.

5) I will befriend my airbrush and learn to use it, preferably for one of the above projects.

These are pretty tame goals compared to some members here but I'd rather build from a solid foundation than reach for the moon and miss spectacularly. Good luck to everyone that has an objective to complete this year.

My goals/resolutions for 2018:

*get enough of my Space Wolves done to a reasonable enough standard that I feel comfortable playing a game with them

*actually get started on turning the Betrayal at Calth box I bought (in 2016) into decent-looking Imperial Fists

*complete the "Demi-Company" of my DIY chapter. how hard could it really be? right? Right?

*put a big dent in the Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum Infantry Company I have and get them table ready

*start a Chaos force of some kind

Decided on a new one:

Catalogue pile of shame/backlog (which is nowhere near as large as some I've seen on here!) and decide what I actually want/need. There's stuff there that has had all the parts I actually wanted removed for use elsewhere with the vague notion of selling the remainder on; it's time to make good on the selling bit (Dark Vengeance bikes and FW Imperial Fists Icons, I'm looking at you). There are also things I'm unlikely to ever actually use (e.g. finecast librarian, would prefer to sell for a few sheckles and kitbash my own effort from other sources).

I intend on purchasing, building and painting my 2000 point 30K Orbital Assault list.

Pretty much got everything I need infantry wise, barring a couple more combi-weapons for my Tartaros squad.

Need one Dreadclaw, one Dreadnought Drop Pod (c'mon FW/GW that's a killing you could make there), four more ordinary pods, a squad of Sniper Scouts and a Chainfist for a Contemptor (ideally a resin body too as not that keen on the BaC ones).

I'm sort of holding off for the Grey Slayers kits fron FW to mix them into my models (I'm quite sparing with the Wolf parts from the SW kits, always have been) but am sort of concerned after seeing the Terminators (hopefully much better in person l), hoping for a nice easy access to close combat weapon arms as otherwise I'm stuck buying a load of the power weapon sets (again FW, make sets of 5/10 bolt pistols and chainsword arms, money maker).

Edited by Hfran Morkai

With the supposedly pending release of Dorn, I want to be able to cap off the sprawling Imperial Fists legion project I've been working on for the better part of 2 years now.  This year is the year!