WIP Nausicaa themed Eldar Exodites

Swan-of-War

Here's my latest project, an Eldar Exodites list using bugs instead of dinosaurs.  I've kitbashed Nausicaa Ohmu (Ban Dai), Arachnarok and Nurgle Plague Drones into wave serpents, a nightspinner and war walkers respectively.  The mini-Ohmu are dark reapers, the fire dragon conversion is their handler/ exarch.  Also used DE scourges as a base for my banshees.  Hope you like them!

920466_md-Eldar%20Exodites%20WIP.JPG

Got some HQs tabletop ready.   Eldrad, Jain Zar, farseer, warlock and an autarch on mowe glider (skyrunner) conversion.   I don't really plan on running Eldrad but thought I'd give him some love.  Someone painted him gold w/verdigris as a statue.  I've got some Sylvaneth sprites that I think I'll work into the basing too.  Meh, good enough for government work

Jain Zar is wearing a body suit instead of nekkid.  Thinking of giving her a reaver helmet hanging from her belt so that she matches the Banshees.  Also, I realize that a triskele blade is facing the wrong direction but I can't be bothered to fix it.  I was actually zip kicking her over the sink and one of them fell off and down the drain.   Luckily I had a spare bit and was able to complete her, think that's when I screwed up the conversion.

Oh, and the warlock (witch?) is based on the DE Lahmian model.  I initially gave her a plastic warlock head but it was huge on her body.  The farseer one I found was marginally smaller and the best I could do.  Switched out her weapons for a witchblade and shuriken pistol.  Kinda like her.  She'll be tagging along with Jain Zar and Bansheers to toss an Empower (+1 to Wound in Fight phase) on them to help counter that sorry Strength 3.

921207_md-.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, this is great! I saw Nausicaa as a kid (the early Warriors of the Wind version that Miyazaki hated) and it's probably my favorite anime of all time. Really like the maeve conversion and I'd like to see more shots of that when you get it finished.