GW Beta Psychic rules

Grendaxe

Nothing official yet.

They say these beta rules will be tested in competition in Las Vegas, and if user feedbacks are ok they will be officially included in March in the next big FAQ.

Hope remain then, hopefully there will be TS players to complain about it in Las Vegas...

And by March we should have our Codex I hope!!

Would not be too happy as a 1k sons or Grey Knight player attending that event..

Either with or without the Beta Rule.

I still caution that we will get plenty to make up for the lack of "smite spam" 

I mean does anyone here object to the loss of smite spam if we have... say....

6 Warlord traits, 6 relics, a ton of strategems (say the death guards 18 or so as a cursory example) and a fleshed out aura list to choose from along with another lore? (i would imagine a 1k son specific lore is coming and we will more then likely retain access to Dark Hereticus) 

I mean who the bloody hell cares about "easy to spam" smites if we get the codex and its at least decent if not great?  I know at the moment it stings, I know the feels, but doesn't it make sense just to be patient? 

The problem for me isn't Smite itself but that our Aspiring Sorcerers and Termi Occult Sorcerers are so damn expensive just because they can cause a measly mortal wound. If Smite gets nerfed as seen in the Beta Rules then I hope that our squad champs become free.

I also think that both the Exalted Sorcerers and the Scarab Occult Terminators need either a good decrease in points or a complete overhaul. Seriously, our Termis might be the worst in the game right now, being very very expensive but having almost no weapon options, they are bad to meh in melee and they are far less durable than e.g. Blightlord Terminators. The Exalted Sorcerers need to become solid buff characters with a good amount of synergy from the stratagems. Otherwise, normal Sorcerers are much more cost efficient.

I would rather see the unit sorcerers have their own spells to either buff their unit or debuff the enemy. As a thousand son, I want to display our mastery of the arcane by oblitering our foes a thousand ways. Not just spam.

I think we could get some sort of "cresendo" stratagem where you get a cumulative +1 to cast for each successfully cast spell for the turn. This would mitigate the diminishing returns.

As a thousand son, I want to display our mastery of the arcane by oblitering our foes a thousand ways.

I want to display our mastery of the arcane

mastery of the arcane

mastery

What's "mastery?" Is that when I go to cast smite and fail?

Feeling sarcastic today, if the nerf to smite is not bad enough maybe our sorcerer could turn into spawn too when they fail to cast it... then we would be truly master of the arcane :smile.:

Edit: this is without mentioning the "fun" factor it would add to the game. ;)

Edited by Realgone

Nothing official yet.

They say these beta rules will be tested in competition in Las Vegas, and if user feedbacks are ok they will be officially included in March in the next big FAQ.

Hope remain then, hopefully there will be TS players to complain about it in Las Vegas...

And by March we should have our Codex I hope!!

Would not be too happy as a 1k sons or Grey Knight player attending that event..

Here is the problem.

The "testing" would be a horrible failure because no GK/TS (and probably no Tdaemons) would even bother attending the event, therefore there will be no data to get from it.

I mean, Had I been a TS player that planned to go, I'd just use another chaos army instead, because its just silly to try using a psyker army while there are beta rules in place that intend to make every psyker beyond the first weaker, especially given that our average non-HQ psyker is sort of a tax to begin with.

As a thousand son, I want to display our mastery of the arcane by oblitering our foes a thousand ways.

I want to display our mastery of the arcane

mastery of the arcane

mastery

What's "mastery?" Is that when I go to cast smite and fail?

It's mainly beacause of people like you that we can't drink sea water; the ocean is filled to the brim with your salty tears. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you've been testing GW beta rules guys, but I've found that they're really, REALLY, bad. In a single game, I failed 2 smites because of them but worse, I've also rolled a 12 and an 11 which were both downgraded to 10.

The wording should have been "Increase the Warp Charge of Smite by 1" instead of "Substract 1 from the result of any Psychic test"...

Smite on Aspiring Sorcerers will be done for, considering the Rubric version now costs the same as a regular rubric marine but that terminator is still 50 points and is a basic terminator with a +2 strength stick.

If you run a double battalion with demons its not going to be so bad since the codex is two weeks a way. Im picking it up for sure.

The difficulty doesnt carry over though right? Which means Smite will be left to the heavy hitters with the additions to Smite its still bad though.

Edited by Raven1

the -1 also sucks because it means if you do finally get it off, it is easier to deny. If they had made so it was harder to cast it would solve 2 of the bigger problems with the fix. Also I don't think failed attempts should count against, it is too big of a swing against.