How to build my first Strikers

Brainling

After not playing 40k for almost ten years I'm getting back in to the hobby and going Grey Knights. I've read all the issues with the faction and understand what I'm getting myself in to. I'll bring other units from the Adeptus Astartes in as necessary to be competitive when I get to that point but for now I'm just trying to get my first unit of Strikers built and painted.

So my question is: How should I build this set? Setting aside magnetizing them as that is just not something I have the time and resources for right now. Everyone seems to indicate falchions are where it's it. When I equip them with 2x falchions, are they still assumed to have the storm bolter? What about the Justicar, falchions as well or something like the halberd?

Since falchions are all the rage, and the kit only comes with 6 pair, what should I do with the other 4 models. Just build them with Force Swords or try and get a hold of some falchions bits from someplace like Ebay?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. I'm excited to get some of these assembled, primed and under way tonight.

Yeah you'll still have the storm bolter because it's wrist mounted.  

It's also not a bad idea to have your models with a lot of attacks carry a hammer.   I always end up mixing and matching in my units to squeeze out every last point so I can't offer much advice on what to give your other models if you're going mostly falchions.

You can give a Psilencer to one man in every unit of Strikes. It is the best special weapon and with certain luck can hurt multi-wound models. Justicars already have 2 attack base, so it is ok to give him another special weapon. Hammers have -1 modifier and not cheap, so giving them to a model with 3+ WS and 2 attacks is questinable choice. Sometimes it can be helpful (I have a couple and sometimes they are game changers), so if you have spare points, hammers are the best way to spend it. But generaly halberds are better, because they are free.

I'd rank weapons this way (from best to worst):

Close combar: Falchions>Hammer>Halberd>Sword

Ranged: Psilencer>Incinerator>Psycannon

So I went with the Justicar with hammer, 6x falchions, 2x force swords and a psilencer with this box. I have another box coming with my Dreadknight and Paladins and I'll probably do them a bit different, just to have some variety of models to swap in as necessary. Thanks for the tips.