Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Executioners 5th Company Mk II

executioners astartes space marines repainting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts
  • Faction: Executioners, Alpha Legion

It seems my original Executioners thread is archived so I have to start a new one, which is ok since I'm pretty much redoing the army and actually finishing it.

executioners_evolution_by_kasumidoll-dbw

The left is the original, but Reaper discontinued the blue steel I was using.

The middle is what I ended up working with, which looks more like metallic Crimson Fists than Executioners.

The right is my newest attempt, which I think is much closer to the Imperial Armour book (it is more bluish in person).

So my goal with this is to repaint just the armor of what I have already done (6.5 tactical squads, 2 assault squads, 1 devastator squad with extra heavy weapon options, 1 sternguard squad, 2 dreadnoughts, about 20 terminators and a full command squad) plus finish out the last 1.5 tactical squads, a damocles command rhino, and 8 rhino/razorbacks.

• Cpt_Reaper and deathspectersgt7 like this

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
  • Faction: Vultures
Studio, just PM an Admin and we can pull your thread out of archive status.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Studio, just PM an Admin and we can pull your thread out of archive status.

Its basically a start over anyway so a new thread is better.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

It seems I forgot this thread wacko.png

High Chaplain Thulsa Doom... er Kane... I must contemplate this on the Tree of Woe...

high_chaplain_thulsa_kane_by_kasumidoll-

Honor Guard 21 & 24

executioners_honor_guard_by_kasumidoll-d

Venerable Contemptor Targas (named in IA10)

executioners_contemptor_by_kasumidoll-dc

Damocles Command Rhino Nemain (a goddess of war in Conan setting)

executioners_command_rhino_01_by_kasumidexecutioners_command_rhino_02_by_kasumid

Two repainted dreadnoughts

executioners_dreadnauts_by_kasumidoll-dc

• Bjorn Firewalker, deathspectersgt7, robofish7591 and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done. You captured James Earl Jones' likeness well.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 04 May 2018 - 09:26 PM.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Well done. You captured James Earl Jones' likeness well.

Thanks! I actually had a 1920x1080 pic of him up on my laptop while I did the mini

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

And now the repainting begins!

Tactical Squad 01

executioners_tactical_squad_01_repaint_b

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
Your latest photo demonstrates your painting skills are excellent.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Your latest photo demonstrates your painting skills are excellent.

Thanks! I think I have improved a -lot- over the last couple years. I have been watching a few streamers on Twitch and some youtube tutorials.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Tactical squad 2 done. I was originally going to just repaint the armor, but a lot of the details like the leather, purity seals, etc were different from squad to squad so I am taking the opportunity to standardize them.

executioners_tactical_squad_02_repaint_b

• Bjorn Firewalker and deathspectersgt7 like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
Well done.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Well done.

Indeed

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

3rd tactical squad

executioners_tactical_squad_03_repaint_b

• Doghouse and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Very nice.

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,813 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Nice indeed. Aren't you going for 32mm bases?

• bloodhound23 likes this

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Tactical squad 4 repainted

executioners_tactical_squad_04_repaint_b

Nice indeed. Aren't you going for 32mm bases?

No I already had most of them on 25mm so I left them that way. Honestly I don't see any reason to go 32mm.

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Slyen

Slyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
Looking good! I really like how the rhino and dreadnoughts came out. Keep it up!

That said, are the green shoulder pads denoting the company?

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
Well done.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Looking good! I really like how the rhino and dreadnoughts came out. Keep it up!

That said, are the green shoulder pads denoting the company?

No I'm using some of the original material for them. Green is tactical, yellow is assault, red is scout/recon, and purple is devastators.

• Slyen likes this

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Assault squad 1 done (squad number 7). I have a backstory of the sergeant in that he hears the Emperor talk to him, giving him advice and warning him of danger. It all started when he took that crystal skull as trophy from an eldar warlock he killed...

executioners_assault_squad_07_repaint_by

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
Well done.

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Second assault squad (squad 8) repainted

executioners_assault_squad_08_repaint_by

Studio Silvernale

Studio Silvernale

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,608 posts

Sternguard squad (squad 9). All non-heavy weapons are magnetized. Executioners replace one of their devastator squads with sternguard.

executioners_sternguard_squad_by_kasumid

Edited by Studio Silvernale, 24 October 2018 - 04:44 PM.

• Focslain, Spaced Hulk and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,994 posts
Well done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: executioners, astartes, space marines, repainting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users