Good Bases for Custodes?

thymidine

thats funny a did a big base search for my custodes and  came up with the same exact alternatives to dragonforge.  The scobor, those sanctuary bases and the imperial palace.  It is a real bummer the imperial palace only has a few sizes, they would be perfect.  I even emailed the guy asking when he plans to expand, and if I can just pay him to do all the sizes I need for 40k..  He wont, and who knows when was the answer. 

I'm still personally torn on what to use.  I'll be watching what you guys do for sure. Nice examples here everyone

I'm using the "1/4" Square Tile" rubber mold and milliput (and have used the hexagon one for my Ultras) for my Custodes. I tried using them to cast resin and it wasn't gorgeous, but it killed the rubber mold in like 10 casts :(

The thing I'm liking is that even though it's a very simple shape, you can get some very cool mosaic effects going that kind of add neat definition to the bases. Found them at a local hobby store, but their website is here

http://happyseppukumodelworks.bigcartel.com

Z8WrtLa.jpg

Went with red and gold so my silver-gold/white/blue Custodes will still have a nod toward their classic colors.

Those Imperial Palace bases by Dark Arts are very impressive - i'm almost kicking myself as I picked up a GSW rolling pin to make these last week:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/2122-thickbox_default/rolling-pin-greek.jpg

Of course, the mini backlog is long, so I'll probably change my mind again by the time I get to my Custodes....