Chapter of the Dark Virtue (Kor Dalron´s Word Bearers)

Kor Dalron

Maybe I´ll try some more adventures projects regarding reposing in the future.

So here´s a small little update to skip a gap:

Last three guys have been primed and are ready to paint, same also now applies to my sorcerer Ilum-Mar and Herald Magakal

IMG 5575

IMG 5576

single pictures:

IMG 5582

IMG 5578

IMG 5579

IMG 5580

IMG 5581

Hopefully I´ll be able to start painting them before the holiday season kicks into full gear.

Thoughts? Additions?

Edited by Kor Dalron

• 2 weeks later...

So some may have seen (I doubt it :sweat:)  my last minute vow for the XI Call of Chaos, which I did to kick myself into action and do something with my primed minitures.

With that just finished mere minutes ago I´m happy to also present my "finished" (no highlights that I hope i´ll add) characters in my own thread but with a bit more pictures.

So here are Sin-Enlil the now dubbed "sacred blade"

IMG 5584

more angles:

IMG 5585

IMG 5586

IMG 5587

and the "ravenous slayer" Kar-adad

IMG 5588

more angles:

IMG 5589

IMG 5590

IMG 5592

I hope you guys like them and as always feel free to comment and tell me what you think!

- Kor Dalron

• 1 month later...

Alright I´m back at it again in this new Year!

Between my last post and this one I have done a bit hobby-wise but not that much, i´ve been trying to get some paint on the remaining HQ´s, which are now in different states but ofcourse I got a bit sidetracked with other wild ideas mostly regarding more backstory for the Chapter of Dark Virtue.

I really have been trying to get a good backstory together for Ijonthas and in my head I have some great ideas (in my opinion) but they don´t quite connect right on paper and some (or rather alot) of parts I find wanting, doesn´t help that I mostly only write in scientific language during the semester which in Germany is quite bereft of any glamour and not that comfortable to read as a type of novel, so there´s that.

But in connection to the Background I´ve built 2 more models which are the reason for my madness. Maybe some will recognise who or what they are, I´ll properly introduce them when I`ve figure out my dilema with the story.

IMG 5598

more angles and WIP:

IMG 5599

IMG 5600

IMG 5593

IMG 5594

IMG 5595

IMG 5596

and the other one, with this one I tryed to be a bit more experimental and sculpt some detail/trim and repose his leg a bit more dramatically because I finally got myself some real tools for that job. I hope he turned out alright

IMG 5601

more angles:

IMG 5602

IMG 5603

As always let me know what you think! Comments and Critique is allways welcome!

Happy New Year mate! The first guy has a very dominant, confrontational pose, which works really well. The added book and parchments/flayed skin really define him as a son of Lorgar too.

Liking the use of the Tartaros legs on the second character. Putty looks a little rough, but still good and will surely improve with practice.

Thanks mate! I´m also very content with the first guy, really think he turned out good!

The problem with the Tartaros legs in my opinion is just that they are so plain for the most part and that´s why I try to add just a tiny bit so let´s hope that you´re right and my putty forming skill will improve :biggrin.:

Edited by Kor Dalron

Love your Word Bearers and always glad to see more of my kindred brethren on the board! Really love the work converting them to give them proper size!

Thanks! Really glad you like them! Our cause is a just one, always needing more willing and determined followers! 

Funnily enough with the size of the models, it´s just something that wasn´t intended from the start but with the primaris being so much better models than the CSM-range it evolved into me just converting them and part of my Army being "true-scale" in the more "improtant" sections and the rest like my normal troops still having the standard 30k space marine scale.

Excellent model work brother:thumbsup: Count on me stealing borrowing some of your ideas for my own (and still unbuilt) WB warband:yes:

Glad you found them deserving! And you are forgiven invited to do so, everything for Chaos! Hopfully I´ll see your warband soon :wink:

Love your Word Bearers and always glad to see more of my kindred brethren on the board! Really love the work converting them to give them proper size!

Thanks! Really glad you like them! Our cause is a just one, always needing more willing and determined followers!

Funnily enough with the size of the models, it´s just something that wasn´t intended from the start but with the primaris being so much better models than the CSM-range it evolved into me just converting them and part of my Army being "true-scale" in the more "improtant" sections and the rest like my normal troops still having the standard 30k space marine scale.

Excellent model work brother:thumbsup: Count on me stealing borrowing some of your ideas for my own (and still unbuilt) WB warband:yes:

Glad you found them deserving! And you are forgiven invited to do so, everything for Chaos! Hopfully I´ll see your warband soon :wink:

100% get that. I just love the scale difference between primaris and cultists that Im tempted to do a few up in the Primaris scale as a kill team or something. Hoping GW is teasing up to a new CSM troop kit for Vigilus to save us the work!

• 4 months later...

Soooooo yeah back at it again after some time and still mostly converting, who would´ve guessed :sweat:

If been mostly cooking up some backstory/ideas to fleshout the history surrounding the Dark Virtue. In that regard I´ve been building two special models that are almost ready to post, together with a somewhat in depth story regarding them. They will probably follow next week.

Also after a long episode of a lost package, containing a box of Shadowspear, I finally got my hands on it. Immediately jumping on the Greater Possessed, I took of some arms and heads (and a chest) and these are the results i´ve got to show for it. Enjoy!

What´s better than a giant claw arm? Having a sword in your other hand!

IMG 5616

IMG 5617

IMG 5618

then we have a blind guy with a chainsword-hand.

IMG 5619

IMG 5620

IMG 5621

also clearly not an original Gal Vorbak

IMG 5622

IMG 5623

IMG 5624

and my personal favorite

IMG 5626

IMG 5627

All criticism and critique is very welcome!

- Kor Dalron

Edited by Kor Dalron

The Changing of Virtues

"My Brothers, my flock, truly exalted are you! You that follow me, that place your lives in my hands and chose me to be your guide.

I will not let you die in vain, but lead you to greatness in our service to the pantheon and our Primarch.

Tell me what is your desire!"

*The fall of all Infidels!*

"Tell me what you live for!"

*To be virtous in the Eyes of Chaos and the Urizen!*

"And who are we?"

* The Pious! The Dark Virtue!*

logo

The feeble Beginning
As the Dark heart beating in the core of the Chapter of the Dark Virtue, the Life of Ijonthas Assurgal is equivilant with the Chapter itself, since both of them took their first real breath of Life at the same moment!
It all began with a child on Colchis, following along the tracks left behind by a superhuman Half-god. Like all people of Colchis, the boy then just named Ijonthas, was drawn in by Lorgars Uprising eventhough he until that point only had believed the teachings of the four great prophets Khaane, Tezen, Slanat, and Narag. He imangined Lorgar Aurelian as the next great prophet of the Pantheon leading to a new age of Worship.
Only arriving after Vharadesh was already in Lorgars possession, he was taken aback that the Covenant had been totally dismantled and that Colchis polytheism had totally evaporated in the face of Lorgar´s teaching of a new singular golden God. In the short time he had spent in Vharadesh he met Kor Dalron a young craftsmen, who told Ijonthas of Lorgar and his new dogmas, Kor tried to make the youth understand but he could not believe it. Ijonthas whole world view was flipped he couldn´t fathom how this was possible, until he glipmsed Lorgar himslef from afar! Suddenly everything he saw and heard seemed to make sense. Who needed all these other gods when this new god had such an overwhelming prophet like Lorgar Arurelian. The old ones had just meer men to speak for them, how could they contest such a Demi-god?!

The coming of a false God

Then came the Emperor of Mankind, Lorgar´s prophesied golden God. The Imperial Heralds transformed into the Word Bearers and the people´s chance of Colchis to serve the Empire, Ijonthas and Kor Dalron where both chosen to serve the Legion, they couldn´t have been more honored to be chosen and swore to serve Lorgar however they could!

So they did serving in the same Squad, for which Ijointhas was chosen as it´s sergeant, as part of the Star of Judgement Chapther. He soon distinguised himself as a formidable field-agent avoiding losses where ever possible without compromising his objectives and allways striving to improve himself and the others around him through their shared believe and companionship. Kor Dalorn also distinguised himself as a potent fighter and tactical thinker.

Since they two Legionaires of the same squad showed a lot of promise they soon caught the attention of terran-born field-commander Theod, a mid ranking captain. The took them under his wing and tried to improve their potential as a loving mentor, but also allways tried to teach them humility. Especially to Ijonthas, who didn´t display a overwhelming amount of arrogance but who developed a concerning habit of overchastising others that had failed in his eyes and deemed unredeemable. Kor Dalron took the teaching of humility too much to heart and closed himself of of other except for Ijonthas.

After their first 50 years of Service they served as Veterans to the Legions, both almost reaching a place in the command structure of the Chapter.

A turning Point 

Then came Monarchia. The entirety of the Word Bearers crushed, humbled and broken. No religion to hold onto, no god to seek guidance from, no perspective to glimpse. Ijonthas was devastated, mimiking his Primarch and seeking isolation and sinking into melancholy, like when he first arrived in Vharadesh. As terranborn Theod tried to embrace the new path for the Word Bearers decreed by the Emperor, and with that lost his pupils.

With the hidden roots of the Old Ways sprouting again in the Word Bearers, the hidden purge of their ranks began. Soon it became very clear that Theod would never follow this new path but his disciples seemed too promising to discard. Ijonthas was approched and found more than receptive to the new but yet so old teaching, for him it all made sense again like a macabre galactic joke. He was promised the rank of Chaplain, an artifact of great potency and a chapter of his own to form to his belives of the pantheon to lead in a war against the false god that had deceived them out of never ending hubris, Ijonthas had only to be rebron in his faith and prove his dedication by eliminating his mentor and ceasing his command. 

The choice was not a choice at all. He easily convinced Kor Dalron for this plan, as allways following his visions.

They contacted Theod to inform him they where through with beeing idle, their mentor welcomed them only to recognise Kor Dalron but not the indiviual standing at his side wearing an intricatly crafted skeletal power amour adorned with a golden helmet in the shape of madly leering demonskull. They where acompanied by two squads of veterans and half a dozen officers. Theod demanded what this farce was, at a word of the Demonfaced he was disarmed and brought to his knees. Only when the unkown Legionaire had spoken he realised it was Ijonthas. 

IMG 5631

"What is this madness Ijonthas? Did your weakness get the better of you? I thought i had trained you better...", spit Theod.

"Ijonthas is no more Commander Theod.... There is only Assurgal, the Dark Heart, but you trained your disciple well but never realised his real potential, which lay with the gods!" calmly replying.

"The Emperor decre........", was the last words Theod ever spoke before a spiked power maul impacted on his head. 

With that the Chapter of the Dark Virtue was now born, with Ijonthas Assurgal and Kor Dalron at it´s head to lead it.

IMG 5630

IMG 5657

"Embrace insanity it reflects your soul!

Welcome pain it shows you´re alive!

Fell pride in agony that you cause the enemy!

Be ever paranoid so you will never be caught unaware!

Bathe in the feeling of raptoursness, while you crush any resistance!

Balance these senstations so you´re able to draw strength from all,

not drowning in a singular one of them.

In balance you are undivided and truly virtuous!"

Also painted the first greater possesed :sweat:

IMG 5636

IMG 5637

Edited by Kor Dalron

Thanks again bjorn also for your last comment!

Actually only one of them is an Apostle or rather a younger version of another Apostle :biggrin.:

Edited by Kor Dalron

• 1 month later...

So while I´m waiting to get some time off to paint (and also the motivation for it). I´ve been doing some kit bashing on the side.

Here´s one of the result in it´s WIP stage (eventhough it´s mainly inspired by these https://twitter.com/tabledpodcast/status/701367546923065344 )

The Master of Executions Jazkal-kar:

IMG 5665

IMG 5661

IMG 5662

IMG 5663

He´s a really tall lad standing a head taller than a Primaris, which is on one hand pretty awesome on the other maybe a bit too much but hey Taller=Stronger :biggrin.:

Also I´ll add some greenstuff to him to get him a more Word Bearer feel and ofc another base.

What do you guys think? 

Edited by Kor Dalron

• 2 weeks later...

Liking Jazkal-kar's pose, the weapon was well chosen too.

Thanks bud! 

That's pretty damn cool, seems like a lot of bits went into it, which is always a good thing:) Where did you get the chaos star on the backpack?

Thanks Duderino and yeah his parts are from like 7-8 different sets :biggrin.:

Also the star on his Backpack ist from the Wrathmonger/Skullreaper AoS set, normally it´s a Trophy pole with a big Khorne Rune in the middle which had to be carefully cut out.