XV25 Stealth Battlesuits “No Longer Available”

Dudley Nightshade

I haven't seen any buzz on this, but the XV25s are not just temporarily out of stock online—they're gone!

Are replacement models incoming soon, or is that battlefield role going away for T'au? Anyone know?

The Rapid Insertion Force appears to be the only way to buy them new from the webstore (at least in Canada).

Because it's not buzz worthy.

Things go out of stock etc. all the time while GW is 1. struggling to keep up production due problems with the power supply and 2. updating bases/including Datasheets/etc. ;)

Unless the kit was explicitly tagged as "Last Chance to Buy" recently, you can safely assume any instance of product being removed from webstore at the moment is due to reboxing with new datasheets, base sizes and so forth. Happens a lot.

And for what it's worth, this kit is still available on the UK and EU versions of the webstore, and is not tagged "Last Chance to Buy"

Yeah the Stealth Suits are still fine as they are imo. Other things are more needed. Vespids for example and maybe even better Hammerhead kits (they look okay-ish but you notice how old they are when you try to assemble them).

Overall the T'au model line is mostly fine. What we need is new stuff like Auxilliary races so we can make a soup list as well since the T'au Empire is, besides the Imperium, THE soup faction after all. ;)

I know you wouldn't be able to play them in a GW store, but I always wondered about using Anvil Pulse Mechs in place of Vespids. They look nothing like Vespids, obviously, but they could be human auxiliaries who happen to fill the same role. I figure the most important thing for the opponent is that they're clearly distinct from the regular Tau models.

Never liked the Vespid models. Can't see ever spending any money on them.

I use the Rotor type wing pack from puppets war on Firewarrior for my Breacher and I love that conversion but I think I'd still prefer having some awesome new plastic Vespid models from GW directly to represent the variety of races within the T'au Empire. ^^

I use the Rotor type wing pack from puppets war on Firewarrior for my Breacher and I love that conversion but I think I'd still prefer having some awesome new plastic Vespid models from GW directly to represent the variety of races within the T'au Empire. ^^

Ooh! That's a good idea. Personally, the aesthetic of the Vespids just doesn't do it for me, so even better models wouldn't change my desire to proxy something. The "good" news is that I never play anyway, so it will never be an issue.