Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Craftworlds - 1100 Beginners Tournament

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CetmeC

CetmeC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Hi guys, 
Next month its starting at my local shop a mini tournament for beginners and newcomers and I'm participating with my new army of craftworld eldars. It is the first time ever that play with a non-imperial army, and it aslo th first time in a tournament enviroment and in 8th edition, so I'm looking for some critics, advice and comments on my list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1100 Eldar, Battalion detatchment

HQ. (135)
Farseer: 
-shuriken pistol, witchblade, with Doom and Guide

Warlock: 
-shuriken pistol, witchblade, with quicken/restrain

TROOPS. (252)
12x Guardian Defenders
12x Guardian Defenders
5x Rangers

TRASNPORTS. (278)
Wave Serpent:
-Twin shuriken cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Vectored engines

Wave Serpent:
-Twin shuriken cannon, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Vectored engines

ELITES. (225)
Wraithguard: 
-D-Scythes

Flyer: (210)
Hemlock:
- Havy D-Scythes, Jinx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about the Craftworld Atribute, i'm between Alaitoc and Iyanden.
Serpents can carry both guardian squads and keep them safe but they can also carry one of the squads and the wraithguard one. Other possibility is to keep the wraithguard in the webway and deploy them in the second or third turn near the warlock with quicken and a objetive marker.

I also have a Wraithlord with 2 shuriken cannons and a ghostglaive, a warwalker with magnetized weapons and I'm thinking on buying a fire prism.

Thank you all.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Ok so I have a few questions. First is the mini-tourney points cap 1100? Second, what jobs do your units have? Do you know what you will be facing at the shop?

CetmeC

CetmeC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I know the point cap is a little odd, but those are the tournament rules. I think its because some of the actual new players only have half of the Dark Imprium box and a couple of other units.

We wont know wich armies will be facing until the first round of the tournament, so the llist has to be polivalent. 

My plan is to keep one unit of guardians in the webway, the other one in a serpent maybe with the farseer. The second serpent carries the warlock and wraithguard unit. The rangers are a tax to open the battalion detachment, and the Hemlock is because i have one and i like it a lot :)

Well, sorry if my english is not clear enough, i can read and understand it bettar than I speak/write.

THNX

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,501 posts
Looks like a pretty solid list. I would definitely put the Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent. You don't want them in the Webway since they have 8" range guns but the stratagem means you must deploy >9" away from the enemy. Casting quicken on a 7+ without rerolls is too risky for me.

I would keep it simple and take the Ulthwe trait since a 6+ extra save works against everything. I normally play Alaitoc but recent codices like Blood Angels and Tyrannids means you are more likely to face enemies who get close quickly where the -1 to Hit does not apply.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

CapitaineQC

CapitaineQC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
I would personaly replace the gardians with 2 msu DA... and replace de wraithgards with dark reaper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users