Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Headcannon as to why Lorgar is MIA: SPOILERS for Old Earth!

Lorgar

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

SPOILER OLD EARTH: What MIGHT happen to Lorgar during the Horus Heresy/Great Scouring

Hidden Content

So this is why Lorgar has been healing in the Warp for 10k years

Which is a good thing since he would have attacked Ultramar after Guilliman has fallen into a coma and well killed Grandpa Smurf in his 'sleep'

Daemon Lorgar also would have cause a lot of damage to the Imperium and the Empire of Man might not have lasted past three thousand years

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I thought the fluff for "What's he up to now?" Lorgar in 40k was that he was busy writing more praise Chaos books. And Yelp reviews for bad curry take outs.

• Corswain likes this
40kDGBanner

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,366 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I thought the fluff for "What's he up to now?" Lorgar in 40k was that he was busy writing more praise Chaos books. And Yelp reviews for bad curry take outs.

Pretty much, and honestly I don't have a problem with it. I know people like to regurgitate 'herp derp lazy chaos XDDD' meymeys, but it makes some amount of sense that he'd be, uh, less active. He was always the one obsessed with theology and now that he's IMMORTAL... what's the rush? It figures he'd lose track of time when he has eternity. 

• Kierdale, Warp Rider, Lukash_ and 1 other like this

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,685 posts

Isn't it established... somewhere... that the reason so very few primarchs bothered with the Milky Way was that they were too caught up in the 'Great Game' between the Ruinous Powers in the Warp to care about us puny mortals more than once every five millenia?

• Kierdale and Scammel like this

Words have power, use them well.

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

Pretty much, and honestly I don't have a problem with it. I know people like to regurgitate 'herp derp lazy chaos XDDD' meymeys, but it makes some amount of sense that he'd be, uh, less active. He was always the one obsessed with theology and now that he's IMMORTAL... what's the rush? It figures he'd lose track of time when he has eternity.

Isn't it implied in 8th Edition that he is coming to attack the Imperium?

Lorgar does hate Guilliman and wants to settle things once and for all

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,733 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Isn't it implied in 8th Edition that he is coming to attack the Imperium?

Lorgar does hate Guilliman and wants to settle things once and for all

Njal makes a reference to "the golden one" which we are predicting to be Lorgar.

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Ogun

Ogun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders (30k and 40k)

My current head canon (doubtless to be proved wrong) is that Lorgar ascends to daemonhood and goes into his temple, locks the door and hangs up Chaos equivalent of a 'Do not Disturb' sign. Narek then kills him while he meditates. The Word Bearers continue on oblivious for 10 millennia. At some point Kor Phaeron and Erebus discover the truth and are running a Wizard of Oz style scam to convince interested parties that he is still alive. 

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,516 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

Nah, we've been told that Lorgar has given his backing to the Black Legion. Can't do that if you're dead. :P

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

Nah, we've been told that Lorgar has given his backing to the Black Legion. Can't do that if you're dead. :P

Isn't it possible that Narek wounds Lorgar so that the Urizen can't leave the Warp until the 42nd Millenium?

Yeah, Lorgar taught Abaddon in person

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept
Not convinced at all by that headcannon. I think it's worse than the official “was busy thinking about chaos and stuff“ to be honest. We already have(had) Guilliman with the coma thing and there's the Lion as well. Why do the same with Lorgar? That's incredibly uncreative and boring.
And him being dead is bound to be wrong so no point in continuing that thought.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Iron Warriors
Lorgar loosing track of time while meditating is more in tune with his character, I guess? I actually find it kinda funny.

The big problem from a storytelling perspective in 40k is the 10k year gap from the HH to the current setting which makes it hard to justify what the Primarchs have been doing all that time. The 'he was in stasis/asleep' excuse shouldn't be an explanation for all of them. The 'Daemon Primarchs fighting amongst each other' one is ok until we take into account they have been doing it for 10k. I don't know, I'm just not a fan of how GW is introducing the Primarchs in 40k. I also don't like how other factions are most likely not going to get an equivalent to a Primarch for the TT.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter

We already have(had) Guilliman with the coma thing and there's the Lion as well. Why do the same with Lorgar?

I found Reynolds' Word Bearers novels to be pretty mediocre on the whole, but always appreciated the fact that it took Lorgar "off the table," so to speak. Pulling the traitor Primarchs away from leadership roles in their 40K-era Legions - be it by abdication, daemonic ascension or death - is a pretty important component of the background. It leaves the Chaos Marines free to pursue their own agendas and find their own way in the harsh madness of the Eye, to become the twisted villains of the setting rather than just slightly individualized extensions of some immortal super-being's will. Pretty much everything about the Gathering Storm/Dark Imperium is dumb and terrible, but bringing Primarchs back one-by-one and turning the formerly broken and complex Traitor Legions into lock-step armies executing their gene-father's grandiose plans is really one of the worst parts of it.

• Noctus Cornix, Azekai, Stofficus and 1 other like this
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Commissar K.

Commissar K.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts

@Lexington

Is adding Primarchs really such an issue though? I mean in the end it's a sub-boss and not all CSM have to follow said will. In reality it's now the nature of CSM to do whatever they want if this is what you want your narrative background to be. Ive not really found the return of Primarchs to be an issue at all.

Even within the game there seems to be a resentment to any form of change while at the same time the yesteryears complaints about the stagnant 40K lore still can be read online too. I personally think it's a good change that the story is going forward, with Primarchs at least everybody has said super power and perhaps even given form in the game. 

Sometimes people seem so set in a particular narrative that they feel the game must not change but a change without any new releases because the narrative can't move leads to a dead game or finished game really quick and that never seemed to be the plan for GW with 40K. Gives me the WFB vibes, the same voices who disliked the end times wanted the story to continue yet where dissapointed when it was finished. 

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts

We already have(had) Guilliman with the coma thing and there's the Lion as well. Why do the same with Lorgar?

I found Reynolds' Word Bearers novels to be pretty mediocre on the whole, but always appreciated the fact that it took Lorgar "off the table," so to speak. Pulling the traitor Primarchs away from leadership roles in their 40K-era Legions - be it by abdication, daemonic ascension or death - is a pretty important component of the background. It leaves the Chaos Marines free to pursue their own agendas and find their own way in the harsh madness of the Eye, to become the twisted villains of the setting rather than just slightly individualized extensions of some immortal super-being's will. Pretty much everything about the Gathering Storm/Dark Imperium is dumb and terrible, but bringing Primarchs back one-by-one and turning the formerly broken and complex Traitor Legions into lock-step armies executing their gene-father's grandiose plans is really one of the worst parts of it.

Yeah no. Can't say I agree on anything of that. However I don't think this is the right thread to start another discussion of that kind.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

darknation

darknation

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

I always throught that he leveled up to daemonhood and Erebus / Kor Phaeron promptly used their l33t daemonology skillz to bind him into some golden throne analogue, allowing them to take over the legion.

Would explain a lot.

• bozo69pd, Magpie Knight and Warpmiss like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts

I always throught that he leveled up to daemonhood and Erebus / Kor Phaeron promptly used their l33t daemonology skillz to bind him into some golden throne analogue, allowing them to take over the legion.

Would explain a lot.

That would definitely be a lot more interesting than a coma or assassination. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer, 21 December 2017 - 01:07 PM.

• bozo69pd and Guardbuddy like this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Iron Warriors

Would explain a lot.

Ok, this is now my headcanon. Hahaha Kor and Erebus being POS as usual.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,040 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Lorgar should become a loyalist again imo, and coming to this decision is what's kept him away.

Since his ascension to Daemonhood the Emperor has become a Warp God. His father is the deity he always believed he was, and the entire human race worships him as much.

Come back to the light, Lorgar.
  • Dhar'Neth likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,187 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

Lorgar should become a loyalist again imo, and coming to this decision is what's kept him away.

Since his ascension to Daemonhood the Emperor has become a Warp God. His father is the deity he always believed he was, and the entire human race worships him as much.

Come back to the light, Lorgar.

...Ishagu...
....No, just no.
  • Bloody Legionnaire likes this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,040 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Why not? It's interesting and ultimately very ironic.
Lorgar is vindicated in the 41St millennium.

The chaos Gods are petty, always fighting amongst each other to their own detriments.
He could embrace the light of the Emperor in the warp, renounce the shackles of the ruinous powers.

Or something like that

Edited by Ishagu, 22 December 2017 - 03:33 PM.

-~Ishagu~-

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,152 posts
No, Lorgar understands that the chaos gods are a primal, necessity inherent to the jumbled mess that is life itself, which is why they appeared in myriad cultures all across the galaxy. Seeking to stamp this out rather than embrace it was the Emperor's folly, and seeking to control it was Horus'
  • Noctus Cornix, Bulwyf, bozo69pd and 1 other like this

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

That is one of the best, brief descriptions of Chaos I've ever seen. Well done.

• bozo69pd likes this
40kDGBanner

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts

The emperor didn't want to stamp out Chaos tho. He only wanted to prevent it from spilling into the physical universe since it really isn't a "necessity", it's a byproduct of life. ^^

• bozo69pd likes this

Commissar K.

Commissar K.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
Lorgar will go Loyal if Leman goes daemonic ;)

1513967833220.png

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

No, Lorgar understands that the chaos gods are a primal, necessity inherent to the jumbled mess that is life itself, which is why they appeared in myriad cultures all across the galaxy. Seeking to stamp this out rather than embrace it was the Emperor's folly, and seeking to control it was Horus'

And Chaos can kill its Champions on a whim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lorgar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users