Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Headcannon as to why Lorgar is MIA: SPOILERS for Old Earth!

Lorgar

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts

This thread turned pretty interesting lol. In the end though I am sure GW will go with simple and just say Lorgar finished powering up and now he is the TRUE final boss for the loyalist Primarchs to fight.

Lorgar should become a loyalist again imo, and coming to this decision is what's kept him away.

Since his ascension to Daemonhood the Emperor has become a Warp God. His father is the deity he always believed he was, and the entire human race worships him as much.

Come back to the light, Lorgar.

Interesting, but I always thought Magnus and the Thousand Sons should turn back to being loyal again. We know Ahriman has the power with the Rubric to make them all back into untainted astartes again. They are logical enough to step away from their emotion and forgive the space wolves for their crime (who of course was instigated by Tzeentch and Horus). We have seen Daemon Princes fall out of favor in the fluff and become Outcasts (Belakor, Skarbrand), could the emperor in his new divine form accept/mark Magnus? That would be the greatest change of all...just as planned?

Edited by bozo69pd, 24 December 2017 - 05:00 AM.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

Lorgar should become a loyalist again imo, and coming to this decision is what's kept him away.

Since his ascension to Daemonhood the Emperor has become a Warp God. His father is the deity he always believed he was, and the entire human race worships him as much.

Come back to the light, Lorgar.

40k Vader?
  • Ishagu likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Amun Ra

Amun Ra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

I thought the fluff for "What's he up to now?" Lorgar in 40k was that he was busy writing more praise Chaos books. And Yelp reviews for bad curry take outs.

Pretty much, and honestly I don't have a problem with it. I know people like to regurgitate 'herp derp lazy chaos XDDD' meymeys, but it makes some amount of sense that he'd be, uh, less active. He was always the one obsessed with theology and now that he's IMMORTAL... what's the rush? It figures he'd lose track of time when he has eternity.
Isn't it implied in 8th Edition that he is coming to attack the Imperium?

Lorgar does hate Guilliman and wants to settle things once and for all

I would love to see what gw could do with him. A primarch deamon prince committed to no particular God could be great.

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,614 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Isn't it implied in 8th Edition that he is coming to attack the Imperium?

Lorgar does hate Guilliman and wants to settle things once and for all

Yes, it seems like he is coming back, but he doesn't hate Guilliman. In Betrayer Magnus asks Lorgar about Calth;

‘Do you hate Guilliman this much?’ Magnus asked suddenly. ‘Do you despise him
so much that crippling his Legion at Calth isn’t enough? You’ve already won. Why
must you reach out to annihilate his peaceful and prosperous empire?’
Lorgar’s smile faded, but didn’t die. The scripture inked across his face smoothed
into neat rows once more. ‘I don’t hate him, brother. At one point, I was jealous of
him. But that was fifty years ago, and I was a different man. I have since learned that
the warp is a song, Magnus, a symphony, and I am the only one willing to play it.
That’s why we’re here.’

And that tied well into him eventually secluding himself after The Scouring. He becomes less and less interested in worldly affairs, and after ascending to daemonhood, I would expect him to become almost entirely detached from the materium.
That he gave Abbadon his blessing was a big deal, and if he is coming back, that is also a big deal.

Edited by totgeboren, 28 December 2017 - 08:43 PM.

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I can't see Magnus turning good. It would make sense as the TS only turned due to Bird God trickery but I can't see the Imperium being like "Oh, it was just a big misunderstanding, let's be friends after 10k years of killing each other."

40kDGBanner

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,066 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Magnus doesn't deserve redemption. His arrogance caused damage and grief. A tragic tale of his own making.

-~Ishagu~-

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,909 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Magnus did nothing wrong. :P

• totgeboren likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,066 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
He underestimated Tzeentch. Did he really think he'd get a good deal out of the God of schemes and change? Lol

-~Ishagu~-

bozo69pd

bozo69pd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts

He underestimated Tzeentch. Did he really think he'd get a good deal out of the God of schemes and change? Lol

Sounds like when I have to deal with my bank.

• Bulwyf and Ishagu like this

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,187 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

Sounds like when I have to deal with my bank.
You imply Bank Executives aren't the chosen of Tzeentch.

Edited by Swarmlord Unleashed, 30 December 2017 - 01:26 AM.

• bozo69pd likes this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,913 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.
More like Slaanesh followers due to grief, love for money and enjoying the pain of others. ;)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lorgar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users