Angels of Death

Riot Earp

Hello fellow BA Players,

i wanted to now after the Dark Angel Codex is out if you find a synergy or a need to combine our forces with DA Units to make an Angels of Death list.

I have every unit a BA player want to field + some Ravenwing Biker and Black Knights from the Dark side of the Angels. I could Proxy Deathwing with BA Terminators but don´t think we need another deep striking unit alongside of our jumpers. Hellblasters could be another option we may add to our armies but i don´t have the Codex yet and want you to ask if you have any ideas to combin those both armies of death.

Something like a Spearhead or Outrider detachment might be what you're looking for?

I've been considering the same, feels like the best way to use bikes & Hellblasters now is DA - though they are a little more static than us and don't get a 5+FNP banner, which is just tasty.

Azrael, Hellblasters, Apothecary & Ancient make for a very nasty and tough Firebase. Another look in are Contemptor Mortis (Relics I think) that can have 4 Lascannon, hit on 2+ re-roll if they stay still.

Sammael, a Talonmaster (Landspeeder Lieutenant!) and some bikers can put out a lot of accurate and fast dakka with a surprisingly nasty combat bite. You could use the Stratagems with some Black Knights to Advance 20", Shoot extra Damage plasma and then charge! would be a really nice one-two punch with some DC landing nearby.

I’ve toyed with this myself long before 8th edition. Mostly from a nostalgic perspective. I like the idea of taking advantage of their Hellblasters and Azrael. I would, personally, steer clear from adding them to my BA lists with the intention of utilizing their strategems. I think that the benefits would be minimal considering the strain on our CP pool. I generally design my lists with the intention of emptying my CP reserves by turn 2. I do like the idea of a plasma fire-base with Azrael providing an invuln and rerolls though.

Going to agree with Wildweasel here. The main reason to ally in Dark Angels is for plasma. There really is not anything else. The two armies are opposed to each other in theory. One wants to get stuck in and the other wants to sit back and do the shooty shooty. 

If I was going to ally anything in with Blood Angels, and I most likely wouldn't, it would be sisters of battle. Drop in Celestine and some Retributor squads quad heavy flamers in immolaters with twin heavy flamers or multi-meltas. Similar army that wants to get close and cleanse the heretic.

I just played a game today, and I used 9 CP before the end of turn 1 on my DC/characters. It was brutal. I stand by my argument against taking allied DA with the plan of using their strategems. I’d still enjoy taking them for aesthetics and Azrael’s invuln buff, but you guys play how you want to. Every match is different, and your play style might be more passive than mine.