Death Guard in Dark Imperium (novel)

Prot

Yea I think for World Eaters that utopian moment might have been closest with KDK. Man I miss that stuff with the Tithe system. So fun.

Anyway that’s partially why I’m using DG actually. To me they play a lot like they read. I personally don’t want to play soup but have some semblance of competition and I really don’t know but hopefully Mort gives me that.

Though I’m starting to wonder.

Perhaps it will return, just not named Khorne Daemonkin, offcourse I hope for a World Eater Codex too, but considering how absolutely massive 40K's lines are allready I don't know.

To me going one force heavy and have a side ally makes a lot of sence this edition and luckily Chaos is blessed with that idea too. For me the designs will always be largely Chaos God based and this allready requires quite a lot of flexible thought in terms of narrative. 

Soup seems to be the bad word on forums and online talk but honestly I don't mind it. To a large extend Death Guard + Nurgle Daemons is soup but the thing is that Blight Drones are that soup too and so are Obliterators and the like. What I'm basically saying is that Chaos followers shouldn't care too much but neither should Imperium, I mean who wants to miss out on those awesome assassins? I sure wouldn't!

At the end of it all I think soups are totally cool. Overall the balance of the game seems allright and quite frankly if GW wants to remove the Primarchs from the game again or exclude them from 2K all they have to do is bump up the cost. Either way I'm okay with it. Ive seen worse and honestly a Primarch should also feel epic and that isn't really done with drastical cost increases either.

I don’t think there’s anything horrible about soups. I’m just old school. I wish my codex was purely functional on its own. Meanwhile Xenos really never seem to need that. It’s just me being stubborn... I just really miss those days, but they’ve been gone a long time.

I agree, I ran a herald for a while, but since he wasn't "death guard" I had to get him out of there. I am not sure if I would use Morty in a tournament, but the closest one to me is in March so I have time think about it.

Funny you mention that. I’m thinking about making 2 lists from now on. Basic DG walking around don’t cut it for anything beyond mid level, similar matchups. I just got absolutely annihilated by Astra ( pretty typical in 8th).

Here I was thinking of taking Mort to make some of my Astra games at least competitive but I really think in most cases I’d lose harder.

Meanwhile Xenos really never seem to need that.

Most likely because they don't actually have anyone to ally with (other than more of themselves). The exception is the various Eldar armies grouping together and Tyranids / Genestealer Cult (and IG to GSC). Orks, Necron and Tau are SOL, they have no other race they can logically ally to so I'm not even sure what GW is going to do for them other than giving them enough powerful options so it's not actually needed. 

Finished reading the ending again, and really didn't mind the novel at all. Realizing the intended audience is a big part of it though.

To a large degree DG do seem to come off as the bobbling keystone cop style bad guy. But really for the entire novel I think the reader is expecting Mortarion to attack and it just never happens. 

I'm looking forward to the new DG book. :tu: