Another brief update.

I've re-based the Red Brethren Terminators on the Mechanicum bases, and given their paint job a little spruce up. I found  talonatreyu's old thread and he's given the Red Brethren red pauldrons. So that's an idea yoinked. More wobbly free hand then ensued.

Red Brethren 1

Red Brethren 2

Red Brethren 3

Red Brethren 4

Red Brethren 5

• 5 weeks later...

Sooooo.....

More Space Sharks painting and some game play.

The Carcharodons hit the table top for some Kill Team. Whilst shooting stuff is fine, nothing is better than stabbing an opposing Leader in the face with the pointy end of a Rambo Knife.  There are some things even Cawl can't improve :P

Intercessor Sgt

Intercessor Troops 1

Intercessor Troops 2

Intercessor Troops 3

Reiver Sgt

• 1 month later...

Time for another update; it's "Achievement Unlocked" Day as I've finished Captain Smashy which takes my painted & based tally to a Battalion and a smidge over 1000 points.

Smashy is particularly proud of his patented "Shark Hammer" which involves sticking an axe on a hammer. I'm particularly proud of the free hand (especially on the helm) and the fact I didn't mess up the maw transfer on the shield :P

Smash Captain (Front)

Smash Captain (Left)

Smash Captain (Right)

Smash Captain (Top)

Thanks for the kind words Frater. This is definitely a slow grow project; it's morphed from a "tournament" army into a "paint whatever feels cool" project.

I've got a bunch of Primaris built (Intercessors, Hellblasters plus the Vanguard models from Shadowspear) and I'm convinced there is a decent, sneaky beakie force hiding in amongst them waiting to be found.   

• 6 months later...

Update time!

My next hobby project is to revisit the Sharks and I've started with the main man; Tyberos the Red Wake, aka Chapter Master Jazz Hands!

Tyberos The Red Wake

I've got a doubles event in the diary for early next year so I'd like to take the Carcharodons along.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1000 point per player doubles game this weekend, and I have been torn by list building indecision.

So I've decided to break the deadlock by ignoring the list and painting something :wink:

A good friend of mine gave me the 2016 Imperial Beakie as a gift a while ago and I thought it would be fun to get some slap onto him!

gallery_81906_14044_218308.jpg

gallery_81906_14044_994411.jpg

Might be fun to run him as HQ with a relic gun of some sort.

• 1 month later...
Good job on the Aggressors. I wish Games Workshop designed the models with better options and posability- can you imagine how AWESOME those models would look if you could have a chainfist-equipped Aggressor raise his hand- and the Chaos Space Marine (with a hole drilled in his chest) impaled upon his chainfist- over his head?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

There was a break in London's soggy weather this afternoon so I've sprayed up the next bunch of models (Intercessors and Eliminators), and started slapping some paint on a venerable (i.e. metal) Thunderfire Cannon!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back! I've had some time off work recently and managed to achieve the hobby nirvanah of both painting models and playing games!

I've completed a squad of Stalker-bolter armed Intercessors:

Intercessors

Intercessors

And finished a unit of Eliminators. I really enjoyed painting these; great models!

Sniper 1

Eliminator 1

Sniper 2

Eliminator 2

Eliminator 2

Sarge

Eliminator 3

Eliminator 3

Eliminator 3

The Eliminators are doing sterling work on the tabletop; not only in their obvious Bang! Dead! role, but also as early game objective/relic grabbers. Got to love out of home zone deployment and pre-game moves!