Time for another update.

Painting wise I've completed a Primaris Lieutenant:

Space Shark Primaris Lieutenant Front

Space Shark Primaris Lieutenant Right

Space Shark Primaris Lieutenant Back

I'm really pleased with the skin tone, and it's very simple to do (Grey Seer base, then magic wash (1:1 Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium), then dry brush Pallid Wych Flesh).

I've also got a couple of games in which has been very helpful with getting to grips with the new Codex.  A mate is off to the WHW GT final with a Stygies Ad Mech force; the amount of pre-game moves and stratagems was ridiculous!

Good job on the LT, but why is his face pale gray? Because of gene-seed mutation, Chaos corruption, or just an application of camouflaging face paint?

The Carcharodons are described as having a pale, almost deathly pallor to their skin tone, and an almost shark skin llke texture, as a consequence of gene-seed and I think their prolonged exile in the outer reaches. I can't quite put my finger on the skin tone I want but this is pretty close to how I imagine it.

Edited by varchilde

• 3 weeks later...

Good job. Is the cherub's skin meant to show it was manufactured from Polynesian tissue samples?

Good question Bjorn.  The skin tone was actually a quick job to rescue a Contrast paint splatting I wasn't happy with!

It's "ok". I figure my Devs will either be dead turn 1 or the Cherub used for a cheeky extra Lascannon shot early on, so he won't get too much scrutiny :P

My army list for next week's event.

Carcharodons Doubles Army List

I'm paired up with a relatively new Deathwatch player, and this will be his first event.  We've both got some deployment tricks, etc. so fingers crossed we'll complement each other well.

Should be a good day.

• 5 months later...

Brother Varchilde where did that missile rack come from  I like it much better than the standard bit

edit: if you say the Impulsor I'll cry. Pretty sure no way I can bit buy two of those ;)

Edited by Dracos

Brother Varchilde where did that missile rack come from I like it much better than the standard bit

edit: if you say the Impulsor I'll cry. Pretty sure no way I can bit buy two of those ;)

Looks like the cerebus launcher off the land speeder storm

Adam Paints: thanks; I'm enjoying this project even though it's very slow burn. I had a look at your plog as well and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with all the 3d bits and pieces.

Bjorn: Yeah, he probably should have a sharky mark somewhere, but I got carried away with the markings.  I like how the model looks so I'll probably leave as is.

Dracos: the missile launcher is from the Imperial Guard Sentinel kit.  

This particular Redemptor is the Easy to Build kit so I had to kit bash the chain gun under the left arm as well. That's a left over gatling barrel from a Taurox. 

Varchilde is on holiday, so that means painting time. I've attacked a few projects this week; first up is a Champion for the Red Brethren (counts as Termie Captain with Relic Blade). Model is a FW Legion Praetor. I'm still experimenting with skin colouring; it's not the described Carcharodon pallor, but I'm quite pleased with it.

Praetor Front

Praetor Right

Praetor Left

Followed by a "repaint" of an Ironclad Drednought. This was originally a black and metal "chapter agnostic" scheme I'd done ages ago, but I've added the required grey and markings. Oh and plenty of Blood for the Blood God to denote where the siege drill has made contact with something squishy. Chapter marking is a FW decal.

Ironclad Front

Ironclad Left

Ironclad Right

I played my first game of responsibility distanced 9th ed today.I like the new Strategic Reserve rules; I think they could benefit units like the Ironclad which typically suffer from short range gun syndrome as they give a way to deliver the model up field. Time will tell if that actually works out in practice.

Looks great did you enjoy 9th?

I did enjoy the game; I played against 1k of Ad Mech and it was great to see some of the new models (Ornithopter Bomber and Skitarii Cavalry) on the tabletop.

There's enough differences rules wise that some new learning is required, particularly around terrain and the squillion different keywords, but I'm kind of OK with that as terrain was one of my gripes with 8th.